Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
  • Free Internet
The Westin Sydney(Sydney)
  • Room Service
5,860 results
All reviewsgarden court restaurantcircular quaysuperior roomthe club loungeaccor memberopera housean upgradelobby barmartin placebotanic gardenslate checkbuffet breakfastbonjoursoireeconciergecbdrocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

In my various travels I stay at many hotels & Sofitel is definitely a class above. Friendly service, quality amenities, rooms very weel designed & fitted out... The list goes on & anyone who stays at Sofitel knows. IF I have to find something negative for my stay it was the service at the dinner, so slow..... the food was delicious (try the Yamba prawns with vanilla cauliflower puree!) but with not a lot of clients, the over staffed service was too slow... but a minor hiccup...

Enjoy.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GreatwhiteNC74
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Bonjour,
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback in regards to your recent stay. I am glad that our staff and facilities met your standard.
I do apologize for your sub-standard experience with dinner. There is simply no excuse for this shortfall in service quality and I was most disappointed to read your comments. Please rest assured that I will be addressing the issues that you have raised with our management team to ensure that an experience such as yours is never experienced again.

I truly hope that this experience will not impair your faith in our Hotel and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

Kindest Regards,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location for a stay in the Sydney cbd. The most comfortable beds! Rooms are a good size, most with views. The restaurant is also fabulous with excellent staff who are very welcoming, attentive and knowledgeable. I stay here every year for my birthday and will continue to do so!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Bonjour,
I was delighted to read your comments and sincerely thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, we aim to provide a level of service that exceeds our guest’s expectations and I am truly pleased that you had a wonderful stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to celebrating your next birthday with you.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The location of the hotel is great, walking distance to Pitt Street, Opera House and beyond. We looked at the map and thought it was not too far from Circular Quays so we decided to walk from the station instead of getting a taxi, probably a wrong decision to push a suitcase for 2.5 weeks holiday up the slopes while negotiating all the people from financial district was no easy task. Then we found out St James is a little further but with less strenuous terrain.
The lobby was indeed impressive with the chandeliers and mirrors. We told the receptionist was our honeymoon and last leg, wishing for an upgrade or at least some champagne for the room, got a small box of chocolate and some hard sale from the receptionist for room upgrade for AUD80 a night.
The room was comfortable and fit for purpose, the only real complaint is the shower screen was not fitted properly so kept opening and closing during shower, causing a little Venice in the bathroom. We stayed in 3 different Accor hotels throughout our honeymoon, with Ibis in Hong Kong we had full complimentary wifi in room, Novotel in Brisbane which provided timed wifi and computers for guests to use in the lobby. In Sofitel (the most expensive one), we had a mere 20 mins a day in the lobby and capped at 50MB. We are a travelling couple who did not have a corporate credit card to slap every expenses on and would rather spend our money on food and sightseeing instead of internet charges. Which made it a little nuisance for us when we wanted to check for opening times and travel directions for our sightseeing days, made us visiting McDonalds for ice cream way too often.
We went for a 5 stars hotel for the last leg of our honeymoon hoping to be a monumental stay, it was fine but certainly nothing to shout about.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ida Y
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I apologies about the internet charge. however if you are a Le Club Accorhotels Silver, Gold or Platinum member, we will provide you with complimentary internet during your stay.
I will address the bathroom issues with maintenance and ensure its resolved.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed last night for our 2nd wedding anniversary. I had booked a mystery hotel on last minute, a great value deal including breakfast. Firstly a huge shout out and thanks to Shelly in reservations. After booking on last minute I called and spoke with Shelly, telling her it was a special occasion, and she organised a room upgrade and sparkling with strawberries - we felt very special.

The service at the hotel cant be faulted. Doorman, reception and food and beverage all very good and professional.

It is true that the rooms are small and could do with an upgrade, however they are well maintained and very clean and with amenities expected of a 5 star hotel. It is a heritage building and obviously has its limitations.

Breakfast was included and very tasty, however at 10am on a Sunday morning the restaurant wasnt big enough to cope with the demand and we therefore had to line up for about 20 minutes to be seated. The adjacent Club Sofitel was practically empty and just as large as the restaurant which made me wonder why the planning of the 2 spaces wasnt slightly more balanced. The breakfast is ridiculously expensive, but was included in our rate so happy.

So all in all we really enjoyed our stay. Is it Sydney's best 5 star hotel? Well no! But we got excellent value for money and service. Thanks for making our anniversary special!

• Stayed: June 2014

Bonjour,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to enjoy much of what our Hotel has to offer.

I cannot apologise enough for your sub-standard experience for breakfast, however thank you for taking the time to write There is simply no excuse for this shortfall in service quality and I was most disappointed to read your comments. Please rest assured that I will be addressing the issues that you have raised with our management team to ensure that an experience such as yours is never experienced again.

Kind Regards,