“Free upgrade”

Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
Ranked #73 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Mystery motel deal on wotif was at the Sofitel Wentworth Sydney, very close to circular quay &restaurants. The room upgrade wasn't any bigger than a normal room, but the bed was amazing.

Gym didn't open till 9am Sunday which was disappointing, check out at 11am was a bonus.

1  Thank SwanHillPixie
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Bonjour,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologies the gym was not open before 9am.

I am pleased you enjoyed the location and the Sofitel "MyBed"

I hope you welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,798)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very clean rooms, comfortable beds. Sensational service, friendly caring staff in a very central location. Just what you come to expect from the Sofitel. We won't stay with anyone else when we travel to Sydney.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GregDonna W
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Bonjour,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the hotel. I am very pleased to hear we met your expectations and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent location, quick walk to the shops, most of the staff are very helpful especially the Concierge/Bell staff. Having stayed there twice I find the rooms quiet dark and clostraphobic. The views are not good. But the rooms are clean and have everything you need. The food in the main Restaurant is great. The service in the down stairs lobby bar is slow and the hotel has limited facilities, no Spa, swimming pool and the gym has crazy opening times, closes mid day in the weekends!
Otherwise a nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RichardNewman

Bonjour,

Thank you for sharing you experience at the hotel. In regards to your comments about a swimming pool, I am very sorry to disappoint you. Our hotel is a Heritage listed hotel and it was not built with a swimming pool. We have a wonderful Concierge team and they can direct you to places close to our area for swimming or even direct you how to get to Manly or Bondi beaches.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Sofitel Wentworth never disappoints. And the service is outstanding.
Rooms are spacious and the in house dining is ideal for the busy business person. With plenty of amazing dining close by, your options are plentiful.

Bonjour,
I am glad that our hotel met your expectations and our staff were accommodating. I am delighted that our various dining options were suitable to your needs, as well as our ideal location amongst Sydney's CBD. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel is a comfortable walk to/from Circular Quay or Martin Place station. Thus, was very convenient for us who don't like taking Taxis from the airport. Catching the train from Sydney Domestic was very easy and much cheaper than the other means of transport.

The room we stayed in was a Classic room with a king bed. The room had plenty of space and the bathroom was comfortable. The bed was very good - we always had a good night's sleep. We just had the room to sleep in as we barely stayed inside the hotel as there were so many things to do in Sydney. We'd only come back late at night to sleep and rest. It's obvious the rooms are getting a bit old and weary, but it's very clean and comfortable. Their foyer is beautiful with the chandeliers - I think this is one of the reasons why the prices to stay a night get quite high - very fancy!

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel either because it was expensive (but I'm glad that we didn't!) there were plenty of places to have breakfast. I have a massive sweet tooth and the Guylian Cafe & Lindt Chocolate cafe were walking distance from this hotel (<5min to Guylian Cafe towards the Opera House & about 3min walk to Martin Place for Lindt Cafe). This was a fantastic location.

The one major disappointment was the fact that the hotel staff removed all the towels and washing amenities (soap bar) from the bathroom on our last day. We had a late check out so we were told we were allowed to keep the room until 2pm. Thus, we arose early and walked around the city centre on our last morning, however, when we returned at about 11am, the hotel room was cleaned out. No towels, no soap - they even removed the toilet roll!! I was very disappointed that this happened. If this is what they do, then there is no point requesting for late check-out. Not worth your money to extend your room for a few hours when they will remove practically everything in it.

If you are looking for somewhere cosy to stay in Sydney, the rooms at this hotel were great. The staff were very friendly and approachable. However, if you intend to pay for a late check-out - don't waste your time or money. If you need somewhere to leave your luggage, the hotel staff are more than welcome to keep your luggage in a secure place for you when you check-out. I would have rated the hotel a 4 out of 5 if it wasn't for the poor experience we had for having a late check out. This really did dampen our mood.

However, in saying that, I would definitely stay at this hotel again - but only when it's on sale as the standard room cost per night is a bit on the exxy side. We stayed 3 nights for the price of 2, thus I opted for a late check out. Thus, if I had to pay full price, I probably would've had better expectations.

Room Tip: Don't bother with late check-outs - just have them store your luggage when checking out until yo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank At_the_border

Bonjour,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologies for everything being removed from your accommodation room. This definitely shouldn't be the case. I will investigate and ensure it doesn't happen in the future.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again.
I invite you to contact me directly for your next booking and i will organize the late check out personally. my email is H3665-GM02@sofitel.com

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've stayed here twice now and it's a great hotel with a superb location and excellent attentive staff. Only exception is the internet policy - for $30 a day you only 500 MB of data at full speed. After that you have to pay extra per MB or be throttled back to slow speed. A hotel as good as this needs to change that! Otherwise 5 stars.

2  Thank Ripwalk

Bonjour,
I appreciate you taking the time to write regarding your Sofitel experience and thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the internet charges. Our hotel does offer packages that do include complimentary internet for when you choose to stay with us next. It is also offered to those who are LeClub members, Silver and above as an added bonus.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I truly hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again soon.