“Disappointing”

Ranked #59 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Wollongong, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here recently for one night. The foyer is beautiful, the reception staff were very helpful and i really felt like I was getting the "5" Star Hotel that I was sold.
However once I entered my room I was somewhat disappoint - the room itself was a lot smaller than I expected, there were scuff marks on the wall. The bathroom was a total let down, very small and the shower was very narrow. Also the Shower head was very low, I wouldn't want to be tall and try and have a shower. Could not find anywhere to hang towels.
The hotel is very central, however i wouldn't recommend it.
Rooms to small
Bathroom far to small

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank slnkelly
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Bonjour,

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share you constructive feedback regarding the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Our guests’ satisfaction is of the upmost importance to us and to receive feedback such as yours certainly assists us in our quest to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Our hotel is a Heritage listed hotel and some of our standard rooms can be smaller than others although we do have alternatives for room upgrades starting from a very affordable price. We have rooms such as Luxury rooms and Prestige Suites as an example. We also do update our offerings and in room amenities regularly to satisfy our guests needs. We hope that you will choose this option on your next visit.

Thank you again for taking the time to write and I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at the Sofitel. Apart from the central location (easy walk to Circular Quay, The Rocks, Pitt St Mall), the entire experience was easy and staff made us feel very welcomed. The hotel is gorgeous and the room was also very comfortable with a surprisingly large bathroom. Staff could not have been more helpful - housekeeping with their "bon jours", front desk, valet and doormen were friendly and went out of their way to make our stay special. The buffet breakfast was certainly one of the best we have experienced - the choices and quality were amazing!! We definitely picked a fine hotel to stay in for our 15th Wedding Anniversary.

Room Tip: We requested a high room away from the elevator and it didn't disappoint
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour,

It was an absolute pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay celebrating your wedding anniversary. Congratulations from myself and entire team at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. It is also pleasing to read that you enjoyed the Hotel’s location and its proximity to various products and services.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights during a recent work conference. Had a King room which was nice but pretty small. The food in the restaurant was amazing however on the first night took forever to get good & drinks even though we had a set menu & booking. It took about 45 mins to get the entree which was just antipasto plates shared for the tables & another hour to get the mains meaning it was close to 9.30 & we were starving. The found when it arrived was good although my plate only had the chicken & was missing the veggies that the others got. Also 25 mins to get a drink at dinner was a bit much. The brekky buffet was good, lots of choices. The only other downside was the lack of water pressure in the shower. I got barely a trickle out so was not very good given the prices paid ($210 per room & we had 80+ rooms). The bar area & lobby were amazing & staff at the downstairs bar were incredible & attentive & had no issue getting service here. Not sure I would go back at that price for what we got.

Stayed July 2014
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I appreciate your honesty. Our guests’ feedback and satisfaction is of paramount importance at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and I would appreciate an opportunity to take note of this and rectify these issues for our future guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback as it is through our guests’ comments that we are better able to improve our offering.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 5 July 2014

It was a gift from my friend who welcomed me into Sydney, plus it's my belated Birthday present. We were upgraded to the club room and had the privilege to use the club on level 5th. That was a nice touch as it saved us a lot of time. There's no valet parking, so my friend had to find some place to park while I waited for him to check in. We were disappointed by how small the club room was! It was also right by the elevator. The bed was too soft to be comfortable, walls too think I could next door neighbour even at 4am! So we both ended up badly rested, and kind of ruined the sunday following. I understand it was an old building done up as a 5 star hotel, but it still feels like a 4 to me.

Room Tip: It pays to get upgrade or aim for club rooms, it's while lot better than waiting in long queues...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Bonjour,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in regards to the noise from your room.

In reference to valet parking, we do have this available. The parking entrance is behind the hotel located on Bligh Street. I am sorry to read that you were not advised or aware of this.

I have shared your feedback with our team and will certainly address the issues of concern with our team.

We hope that will have the chance to welcome you back at the hotel and provide you with a 'Magnifique' experience.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. Nice and clean rooms. Loved the Bar and drinks menu. Good Location and easy to get around the city from the hotel. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Excellent customer service. We will defiantly be coming back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Bonjour,

It was wonderful to read your feedback regarding your Sofitel experience and I thank you for taking the time to write. I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, our product and service. The ‘My Bed’ is a brand standard in all Sofitel Luxury Hotels and we are very happy that you liked it.
We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay again at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.