“Swish”

Ranked #60 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Devonport, Australia
“Swish”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

A wotif hot deal, id later read that you don't get great service on the cheaper deal but from the time we checked in early (id rung ahead) to concierge to the room i was very happy with service. ud requested a walk in shower i got it. Admittedly the room window looked out into a void and a stairwell but we werent there to look at a view. The room was quiet. The aircon worked. We didn't need anything else. The Soiree cafe service was great too. The food was very good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Bonjour,

Thank you for your feedback. It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs and that you were happy with our product and services during your stay.

I will certainly share your feedback with the team especially your wonderful comments regarding our lovely Soiree Bar.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had another great stay at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Great service and wonderful accommodation. The staff are always helpful and ready to assist you in any way. Take the jump and join the Sofitel Club which makes the experience even more enjoyable and really allows you to relax and spend time together. The Sofitel Sydney Wentworth is always our 'getaway' place when we want to unwind.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and that you have had to opportunity to relax in one of our Luxury Club rooms and experience Club Sofitel. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I will ensure that your comments are shared with our team. Feedback such as yours serves as motivation and encouragement as we strive to surpass our, and our guests’, expectations.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Penrith, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Overall our experience was good the staff were helpful and we enjoyed our stay.
The breakfast had a lot of choices, but the hot food was only Luke warm and we did stay four days so it wasn't like a one off time.
Our bed was great very comfortable and the pillows were good.
Maybe a bit out of the way for some activities in sydney, but it was good value for what we wanted.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor very good for noise levels, also ask for a room not close to lifts as this...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour,

It is most pleasing to read that you had a wonderful stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. I will be sure to share your comments with our Team and am certain that your feedback will serve as motivation as we strive to continue to exceed our guests’ expectations.

I hope that you will choose to experience our other room types such as a Superior room, Luxury Room, Junior Suites and Prestige Suites. Our upgrades to these rooms are very affordable and we have additional in room amenities to satisfy our guests needs and expetations.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to your upcoming visit.

Melbourne
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Location is good and staff are friendly. I travel to Sydney quite often and I like the charm of the hotel inside. The rooms are clean, good and spacious. Unfortunately on this visit, I was given a very small room which was more like a 2 star experience. The beds are very comfortable. Breakfast was good although they should add fresh juice instead of bottled juice.

Stayed June 2014
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Bonjour,

It was an absolute pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is also pleasing to read that you enjoyed the Hotel’s location and its proximity to various products and services.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Ithaca, NY
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This Sofitel seems not to be as "classy and elegant" as others in the chain, but the place was nice. I found some of the front desk staff not to be as friendly as I would have liked, especially the woman who seemed quite put out when I inquired about an upgrade. Indeed, I am not sure if I even got the upgrade as she did not communicate with me at all. The room I ended up with was nice, however, and comfortable. I should say that other staff people were much more friendly. The internet was ridiculously expensive - I don't understand why hotels that pride themselves on being top class charge so much for an internet connection, when budget hotels offer it for free. Breakfast was expensive, and not especially memorable. The property was well situated for my business needs, but not in an especially exciting part of town. In general, I'd recommend the hotel, but I think that some of the staff could use a bit more training.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Bonjour,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the hotel. I appreciate your honest opinion and sharing your concerns about our hotel. It was very disappointing to read that the service you received from our staff was not consistent in all areas in terms of friendliness and a warm welcome. I will certainly share your feedback with our team especially our Front Office Manager to address the issues of concern with our Receptionists.

In regards to upgrades, we do have affordable upgrades available on offer for our guests but we will try to meet your requests the best we can subject to our availability. Our goal is to provide our guests with a warm welcome and a memorable stay. In regards to complimentary upgrade, we will try to meet your requests and delighted to surprise our guests as well during their visit.

Again, please accept my apologies for your recent experience and my thanks for sharing your comments. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to continue to improve our product.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Have stayed at the Sofitel for the last few weeks for business and it has been consistently pleasant:
-The food was a bit pricey but was very fresh.
-Service at their bar was really lovely.
-The gym was boutique but had all the facilities you need to complete the workout.
-Great location.
-Overall: warm service from all their staff which makes a huge difference.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Bonjour,

It was wonderful to read your feedback regarding your Sofitel experience and I thank you for taking the time to write. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, our product and service.
We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay again at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

Kind regards,