“Chrissie & Pete M”

Ranked #56 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Chrissie & Pete M”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

From the moment we entered the foyer we were taken back by the beautiful staff - all excelling at their tasks - check in & out by Sharona was spot on..Room was clean - a big plus - bed was very comfortable - we were on tenth floor with patio - personally because we come from the country I would have preferred to see more lights & the buildings - neither of us smoke - I am assuming the patio would be suited more for smokers - Dinner in the Restaurant was scrumptious - Robert absolutely spoilt us with attention - then we sampled the Lounge for our two complimentary drinks - again staff excelled - then to top it off - breakfast we had the Full Australian Breakfast - OMG - set out beautifully - what an array of food - all iI can say is - Congratulations Sofitel Sydney Wentworth - our time was thoroughly enjoyed - customer service is a priority for us & we certainly received it - and everywhere was clean - which is another must we look for-
And we both loved the fresh flowers everywhere - and the Court Yard on the fifth floor along side the restaurant - breath taking....with all the trimmed hedges & fairy lights
Well Done!!!!

Room Tip: I would ask if the selection of booking was available - room with a view - so you can view the pret...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. It is great to know that you enjoyed the service and our product provided to you during your stay.

I will certainly share your feedeback with our Restaurant Manager in regards to your wonderful experience in our lovely Garden Court Restaurant as well as your special mention on our fantastic Front Office Team Leader, Sharona who have recently joined our team. We have been receiving numerous comments about Sharona's excellence in service which we are very proud of.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I were married at this hotel, and spent our first night together here.

In advance of our 10 year wedding anniversary, I approached the hotel directly and asked what they could do for us (I wasn't asking for a freebie and was prepared to pay). The response I got was a weblink to their online specials.

I contacted them a second time, explaining the situation, and how disappointed I was with the first response. The 2nd response was identical. Here is a link with our best offers.

Thanks guys. I have subsequently unsubscribed from all things Accor.

Room Tip: Select your room at another hotel.
1 Thank AussieRhino
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Bonjour,

I would like to sincerely apologize for your disappointment in regards to your recent experience here at the hoptel. I was very disappointed to read your comments as we have surprised and provided our guests a memorable experience by staying at the hotel and celebrating a special occasion. After reading your comments, it is clear that we have failed to provide you with this experience.

I can promise you that we have had numerous wonderful feedback and we hope that you can give us another chance to prove to you and provide you this experience. Please contact me personally on h3665-gm02@sofitel.com on your next reservations so that we can provide you with a 'Magnifique' experience.

I will certainly share your feedback with our Front Office and Reservations team to ensure that they are aware of what to advise our guests celebrating a special occasion. I do sincerely appreciate your honest feedback and you have my guarantee that we do take this very seriously to be resolved.

Again, please accept my apologies for your recent experience and my thanks for sharing your comments. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to continue to improve our product.

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Clean room, very comfortable bed which made it difficult to get out of. I can recommend the breakfast, I ate so much I had to go back to my room to take a digest nap. The room was a little small but I had great views over the city. The hotel is within walking distance of the Opera House which was great for my first experience of Sydney. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bonjour,

I was absolutely delighted to read your comments regarding your recent stay, particularly those regarding our Garden Court Restaurant. I am also glad that the Hotel’s location was suitable for your visit. At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth we constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and it was most pleasing to read of your satisfaction.

I am grateful for you taking the time to write about your Sofitel experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, excellent club lounge facility and club staff great and particularly Lillian and Yone who were simply the best. The "not" is simply about the rooms which are looking dated, very tired and in general need of a big spruce up if it wants to be considered " 5 star offering luxury accommodation". It's not bad, it's not out of this world, I was just hoping for more.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the hotel. I am glad that you were able to experience our beautiful Club Sofitel which we are very proud of. I will certainly share your wonderful feedback in regards to our Director of Guest Relations Lilian Tolentino who also manages Club Sofitel as well as to Yone who have been assisting our Club Sofitel operations as well as working with our Banquets team. They both certainly take pride of their work and provide our guests with excellence in service.

I certainly appreciate your honest opinion and feedback and we will continue to update and improve our offerings to satisfy our guests and exceed expectations. It is with your feedback that we are able to striveto be the best we can ever be.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we look forward to your next visit.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. Lovely hotel, handy to Circular Quay and Rocks area.
Reception and concierge staff very helpful and friendly.
Our room was on the 11th floor, the bed was very comfortable.
The bathroom was very small with a shower over the bath. The showerhead kept falling off and sending water all over the floor.
We decided to have dinner on a Friday night in Soiree. The staff and service was very slow.

Bonjour,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay in the hotel. I am glad that the location of the hotel was suitable for your visit. It was also a delight to read that you were happy with the service you received from our staff in particular Reception and Concierge. I will certainly share your wonderful feedback with our team.

I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced in regards to the shower head. Our engineering team have thoroughly checked to ensure that our in room amenities are in good condition and in working order.

I have also shared your concerns with our Soiree Bar Manager as well as our Director of Food and Beverage to address the issues of concern with our team.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The service was truly awesome during check in and they were able to accommodate our connecting request promptly. My sister and her husband were given complimentary wine and strawberries for their anniversary which was such a nice touch. The location is close to Martin's Place train station. The beds are super comfortable. A wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bonjour,

It was most pleasing to read that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience and that you had a comfortable stay. The ‘My Bed’ is a brand standard in all Sofitel Luxury Hotels and we are very happy that you liked it.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I will ensure that your comments are shared with our entire team.