The Village Kings Cross
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$188
US$259
US$188
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$121
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$125
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$152
US$235
US$174
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$135
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$83
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewskings crossrooftop terracelovely cleaning ladymin walk to cbda double private roomfaster wifibackpackers hostelperson roombed mixed dormsydney skylinewalls are thinfemale dormlarge kitchenmodern facilitiesfree breakfastcommon areasthe ground floor
Reviewed 5 April 2012

In the two times I have visited Sydney over the years I have stayed in Eva's. Great place, great atmosphere and good location. Basic but clean and friendly. When I am back at Sydney I will stay again. Love the roof terrace!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

If you are looking for a quiet and safe place to stay at King's Cross, this is the place to be!!

Eva's was the very first hostel ive stayed at in Oz and was a little apprehensive...I arrived early in the morning and was told that the room is not quite ready (understandable) but im more than welcome to have coffee or tea (free) while i wait...or check my email (wifi, also free) or if i like, i can join a free walking tour of Sydney...I havent even checked in and yet Liz, the manager, already made me feel taken cared of!

I booked an all female dorm room (for secutiry reasons as i was traveling alone) and was surprised to see a boy in the room hanging out with the girls...it also looked like the girls have been staying there awhile since most of the space (even in the bathroom) was overtaken by their stuff...there was an empty locker, i figured that was mine, so i left my pack there and sat outside where the tv was and contemplated on whether to stay or move to another room or another hostel all together...Liz happened to see me and probably sensed my agitation that she asked if everything was all right...told her about the boy in the room and immediately took action about it...

In the end, i decided to ask to be moved to another room (didnt want any trouble from the girls, obviously)...the only other room available within my budget was a mixed dorm...but at the moment theres only one girl in it...so i took it without hesitation...BEST decision ever!!

enough with the dear diary entry...and on to the real review... :)

*The dorm was on the second floor (you need a passcode to get to the rooms...a security plus!!)...
*The room where i stayed was definitely big enough for 4 people...There was a huge locker for your pack/valuables (you need your own padlock...especially if you dont trust the peeps sharing the room with...i got lucky coz i had the best roommates ever!)...
*The shared bathroom was huge and clean...(Carmen cleaned it everyday!)...i think there were 3 other bathrooms around on the same floor..so no queues...tp and bathsoap is also provided...
*Clean sheets, blankets, towels are provided
*Roof top (with a view of the "golden bucket"..and colorful exotic birds flying around) was perfect, if youre done sightseeing and just want to read a book or have a pint with your friends (opens at 8am and i think they lock the door at 10 or 11pm for security purposes)
*Kitchen is always clean (most of the people that were staying there at the time were really good at cleaning up after themselves)
*Staff is always willing to help or chat and always smiling...and they know you by name!!
*The location is away from the noise of Kings Cross but close enough to get to where the action is...KC train station is a few minutes walk away...actually everything is a few minutes walk away (if you like walking, that is :) )
*Wifi isnt all that great but i really didnt mind, i didnt go to Oz to be online anyway ;)

So, all in all, i had a lovely stay at Eva's that i decided to come back and stay with them again before i went back home (Liz put me in the same dorm room, which made me smile and feel safe all over again!)

Big shout out to Liz, Sara, Tamara and Carmen!!! :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed at Eva's my first days in Australia. After a looooong flight from Copenhagen I was a bit worried about staying in a dorm with five other female guests, but it was no problem at all. We also had a private bathroom to share and I never I had to wait my turn. Inside the room there were also big lockers to keep your valuables or other stuff - bring your own lock and you can leave the room feeling safe. A nice detail is that you have a small shelf next to your bed and your private bed light, so no need to disturb your room mates.

Being close to Kings cross this place is not quiet on a Friday/Saturday night and there is some traffic that can be disturbing, but nothing that a couple of earplugs wont fix :) The good side is that it is more or less walking distance to everything in Sydney, or you are close to good public transport. The people at Evas were very helpful and fast to give you all the advice you could need.

But the absolute best part was the nice and very clean kitchen that you are welcome to use. Of course it does get a bit crowded in the storage areas but nothing that I couldn't live with.

Evas also has a nice rooftop were you can watch the skyline and fruit bats flying over your head at night time.

My only complain is that they need to update their internet connection (it is for free :) It was a struggle to get connected the first time (I had to go through some papers and change some settings on my own computer, and get some help from other guests) and it was also very slow.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Enjoyed my week in this bp in a small and quiet street in Kingscross. Kitchen is well equipped and cleaned daily. Bathrooms are a heaven for bp standards. Room had even AC, was quiet and nice. Although a few cockcroaches were sighted durig that week. One even fell into my neighbours ear one night.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This hostel is in a perfect location, Kings Cross has alot going on with great bars, cafes, restaurants and more. Only a 15/20 min walk to all the attractions aswell.

The room was a goodsize with our bin emptied daily, which I havent seen much of since travelling, and were also clean and comfortable.The bathrooms were immaculate and there were loads so you never had to wait for one.

The reception staff were very helpful, the only downside of this hostel was the internet, although it was free it never actually worked which was disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple