“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Portugal
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

My best meal in Sydney.
Scenario at the entrance full of contemporary arty decoration.
Service is amazong and table set is very confortable.
Wine service is very good.
Oysters: 5 stars
Top quality meat.
Nice tuna
Dessert with caramel was amazing

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hugamam
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Dear hugamam,

An international shout out! Fabuluos! Portugal is on my bucket list. I'm dying to get to Madeira! Now this is almost certainly a review of Gowings Bar and Grill, our QT Sydney dining experience, and it is.....drumroll please..... our first review on Trip Advisor dedicate solely to it!

Getting 5 out of 5 on on first review is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing. We are beyond happy that you loved it, and I hope you get to come back (on this trip or the next.)

agradeço-lhe !

QT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

The QT is like staying in your own apartment in the centre of Sydney. Food, service, decor cleanliness all get ten out of ten. Beds even more comfortable than the Westin. Restaurant is well priced and delicious. Staff were fantastic as nothing was a problem. Only minor minus was the high valet parking charge. We will make the QT our Sydney home for future stays.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Madagencies
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Madagencies,

I completely agree with you! Every time I stay at the hotel I feel like I am on Gossip Girl! So glad that you are going to make us your home away from home.

Can't wait to see you again!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our special night at the QT, from the moment we were greeted by the friendly staff at the front of the hotel! All of the staff were so attentive nothing was too much trouble! I am amazed how anyone can say anything bad about the hotel. I first looked at the website before it was officially opened, you could see from
The images the moodiness of the hotel with the colors fixtures and fittings. I am a Interior Decorator, so it was no surprise to us, what we were to see when we walked into the room, we had a fabulous view of theQVB top, which made me feel I could be anywhere in Europe..(room 1016). Boutique it certainly is, and we choose normally to stay in such a hotel. If we wanted the norm there are so many ordinary ones to choose from in Sydney.
The breakfast was superb. Again we could of lingered for hours, felt right at home! I also joined the QT program which gives you specials etc, and we asked for a late checkout the next day....... 4pm I had to ask twice is that right.....?... Unheard of?... Enabled us to have the full day, come back and check out at 3.30!
We took our friends for cocktails this weekend in the Gowing Bar, fabulous , and they now want to stay for their coming Anniversary, oh and we are coming back for my birthday in December! Yes we are sold, so Congratulations QT we will be telling everyone!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank RHONDA48
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Dear RHONDA48,

Another fantastic review from a Sydneysider. Thanks so much for supporting our new hotel and we are absolutely overjoyed that you had such a wonderful time.

I know! Imagine being able to have a sleep in, then head out and about, and still be able to be late enough the next day to sneak in a cheeky espresso martini before you checkout! QT Sydney - it's the life!

We would love to see you again! If you would shoot me a message on here I'll make sure we VIP the shiznit out of you for your bday :)

With massive thanks

Sunshine coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We are lovers of boutique hotels and all they offer. We were so looking forward to our 3 day stay and it was fantastic but after we settled into our room with fantastic decor the shine started to disappear.
If you are going tp stay here we suggest that you stay away from the bar and restaurant. If we had of we would have given this hotel 10/10. The bar staff were appalling. In an uncrowded bar it took forever to get a drink and them when we wanted to charge the room they didn’t know how and then took 5 minutes to find a pen. After that we thought let’s get out of here...pathetic.
The next morning we had breakfast in the adjoining restaurant. Both meals were terrible. I had a eggs Florentine and my wife had the a smoked fish dish with eggs. The vegie juice was nice, but that was it.

The location is great and the hotel staff were very friendly (and cute).
Will we be back? Probably, but we know what to avoid.
Also let the staff get your bags as there are stairs in the middle levels of the hotel that you will need to work around.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank justcruizen
Dear justcruizen,

Thanks so much for giving us a shout out. Wow! 50 reviews! What an awesome effort to share the love with your fellow travellers.

I'm hearing that you had an awesome stay, marred by a couple of pretty average sounding food and beverage experiences. Sounds to me like something was amiss! We've been getting such awesome reviews in these areas from some very tough cookies, so I'm really disappointed that you didn't get to share in the same levels of service and beautiful food that others have.

In a hotel that is so magnificently put together, with so many excellent staff members, this simply should not happen. We are going to do a little reccy and see if we can snoop out any hiccups to make sure this is not a recurring issue.

Thanks for giving us the heads up, and I'm quietly confident that it will be a small tweaking needed to get us back in your major good books ahead of your next stay, which I hope will be soon.

Big thanks and many sorry's.

Grafton, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night as couple, we are probably a bit older than the targeted demographic !! We had a great time, decor is fun and interesting, the staff were extra ordinarily friendly and helpful.The valet parking was great and good value, the cocktail bar was fun but a bit loud and it was quite difficult to hold a normal conversation .The attached cafe near the hotel entrance was very good and reasonably priced .The bed was very comfortable and room facilities good except there was'nt a proper full length mirror Nigel Bacon

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NigelBacon
Dear NigelBacon,

Now that, Mr Bacon, is an awesome name! I bet you get the 'seven degrees of Nigel Bacon' comment all the time. Too fun!

OK, back to the review. There's no target demographic for the hotel, only a target culture, and it sounds to me as though you fit the bill. We love lovers of art, delight in people who immerse themselves in food and wine, and spend our rare minutes of down time checking out the outfits on our guests. I bet we noticed you!

You're absolutely right, it can be hard to get a quiet word in at Gilt Lounge, as it really is geared for the 24 hour party person, so I'm really happy that you found Parlous Lane Roasters which offers a more delicate environment for people to relax in.

We would love to see you again soon, and send you a big high five for giving us a go!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

I’m not the type to write TripAdvisor reviews myself (I usually gather an informed opinion from reading other recent reviews) but this particular experience I felt deserved a personal commendation.

I stayed at the hotel on Monday night, and let me say, the hotel is beyond impressive. They have done an incredible job reviving the Gowings Building and State Theatre building. It is very safe to say that both spaces could not have been used in any better way. First of all, the Gowings restaurant is amazing! It has a very stylish interior and an inviting menu, and has made great use of the corner of the old Gowings complex. The window seating (albeit I wasn’t seated there) had a very nice view of the Queen Victoria Building in it’s grand lighting. Some of the hotel rooms must have a beautiful view of the Queen Victoria Building too. As for the hotel room, I stayed in a King Deluxe room in the Gowings half, which was smothered with a very trendy and luxurious furnishings. The room was so stylish that I felt a bit anxious about using the facilities. The cleanliness of the room was on par with the luxury standards of the hotel.

The complex itself is an entertaining experience. Walking through the lobby, I frequently saw non-guests enjoying the lobby taking photos on the obscure furniture (good for them, I thought!). The elevators is another experience; the lovely front desk gentleman who checked me in mentioned that the animation art and music that changes every trip, a nice touch on an otherwise empty space. I was also a very big fan of the hotel soundtrack throughout the entire complex. The atmosphere of some venues is lost with certain playlists I find, but with this complex I had Shazam open several times throughout the night (the staff at the front desk later mentioned that they have a resident DJ, unsurprisingly). The complimentary wifi was very fast and excellent for my conference calls that night.

I absolutely loved everything about it. Definitely choosing to book here whenever I am have to stay in Sydney.

Room Tip: Request a room or table at the restaurant, with a view of the Queen Victoria Building.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MB214
Dear MD214,

There's nothing more awesome than seeing someone create a profile on here to write a recommendation specifically about your business. It's so cool that people take the time to come on here and show love to the teams that make it all happen. Thanks so much for taking this time. We really appreciate it, and we will pass it onto the team.

I'm delighted that you loved the hotel, and just as happy that you got to experience Gowings Bar and Grill. After the amazing reviews we have been getting we are still pinching ourselves that all the careful planning and care has created such an wonderful success story. Now we focus on keeping up the good work so you will keep coming back!

How fun is the elevator?! I've travelled in it a few times by myself and it makes me laugh every time I get 'Are you lonesome tonight' sung at me. It's in those quiet moments when i'm thinking of home time that I really am lonesome! Lol - it certainly stops you from getting the sads!

We would love to take care of you again, and thanks once again for taking the time to let us know you loved your stay.

Big hugs and eeeeeeeek! It's nearly christmas!

Queenscliff, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Sydney has nothing like this venue. It's vibe and style are so unique. Edgy, yet traditional, six star feel yet extremely boutique. I have already visited twice and can't wait to go back. Food in the restaurant was exception, broad menu, high quality, but inexpensive and more casual vibe feel than expected, a real delight. So much so that I plan on running a big launch event in the hotel in the coming months. Keen to show off the new hotel to our clients.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ClaudeTrip
Dear ClaudeTrip,

A great review from a corporate traveller. It's also awesome to note that this was your first review on the site. It's fabulous when we can motivate people to share their experience of the hotel.

It truly is unique, isn't it! Every effort went into creating an environment that was like no other (even to set it apart from the designer brilliance of our QT Gold Coast and QT Port Douglas properties was a big mission!).

Thanks for sharing the love, and yes please! Bring your clients, bring your friends! We would love to take care of you all.

Good times.