“A great surprise!”

Ranked #13 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“A great surprise!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband surprised me for my 40th birthday with a night at QT and it was a really great stay.
The ambiance is cool and funky starting with the pink haired door women to the hands that hold your room number on the wall.
All the staff we encountered were friendly, efficient and accommodating.
We went to the Gowings bar and grill for both lunch and breakfast which was all delicious, I loved the pot of South Australian mussels.
The toiletteries supplied are all surprisingly nice. I usually never use the products supplied by a hotel as they often dry my hair etc but as I had forgotten my shampoo I used the ones supplied and I was happy.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for couples wanting to escape the monotony of the everyday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fiona M
sasrowlandsQT, at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear past QT Sydney guest,

Thanks so much for a brilliant shout out! We love that you loved us and look forward to seeing you again soonest.

QT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I'm here at the moment, the last night of a six night stay for work. The hotel itself is lovely, and the staff are amazing, they just can't do enough for you. BUT - after checking in and settling in to watch Wimbledon, I noticed several channels just weren't working, reception was dropping in and out. They came up to try and fix it, and couldn't, so I was moved to a new room. Same problem. I was told it was 'because of the wind' and would be fixed the next day. Hmmm, six nights later and no change, no Wimbledon, damn! I know, I should have been out and about, but after really long working days, I just wanted to snuggle in bed with room service and Rafael Nadal. So that pretty much ruined my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear QT Sydney guest,

We appreciate your feedback and will take time to run through it with our team.

With warmest regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed for 3 nights very recently (May 2014). Had a great time - the decor in the rooms was very boutiquey and eclectic; and the soaps/products were quite unique. For those who know Sydney, it's located in the old Downer department store building, and accentuates the building's history throughout in a very cool way. Location (middle of the CBD) was also a plus. Downside was no other facilities (no pool, no gym), but all in all, fine for a quick stay in the city. Good value for money too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 11 August 2014

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My second stay at QT. Position perfect. The hotel is visually enjoyable… unique… It’s attached to an outstanding restaurant which I recommend you book ahead. Staff are attentive and professional. The hotel and rooms are decorated in a very original and funky style. However, I won’t be staying again. Their beds and pillows are super soft and once again I didn’t sleep well. I asked if I could request a harder bed but it seems that these beds are especially made for the hotel. My search for a decent Sydney hotel continues. Sydney is lacking!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ann G
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi Ann G,

Thanks for your review. Sounds as though we were perfect, apart from offering a softer bed and pillow than makes for a comfy nights sleep for you.

Such a shame that we don't match up on this for you! We really hit the mark in everything else.

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention - Oscar Wilde.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The welcome was warm and professional. The room was pleasant with interesting features, although the red sheepskin rug on the bed would perhaps have been more at home in the red light district of Amsterdam and brought a seedy side to the decor. Good and extensive minibar. Quality towells in bathroom contrasting with cheap cardboardy tissues so take your own. The beds are way too soft and that is evidently the only option. I requested a firmer mattress through reception for the second night of my stay but was told soft was the only option and thay had been specially made for the hotel. I would therefore warn anyone away who has previous or current back issues. The bed had a hard ridge down the middle so was clearly two beds joined together and not designed for anyone wishing to use the whole bed. The resulting 4 hrs sleep wasn't what I had planned for a relaxing weekend away. Loud music in lifts and guest lounge weren't a pleasant feature. Location excellent for the activities planned for the weekend and a light lunch at the Gowings bar was nice, although a cocktail purchased at the bar that evening didn't contain the rhubarb ingredients as described in the cocktail list. Won't be returning to this one and neither will my colleague who also stayed at the hotel at the same time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anne L
Dear QT Sydney guest,

We appreciate your feedback and will take time to run through it with our team.

With warmest regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Absolutely loved the location and the room; however the service level is far from being up to standard. From check in to check out, including the restaurant at night and breakfast, the service is awful: no smile, no personable note of welcome, not even looking at us when handing over our credit card! If that's supposed to be a fancy way to welcome guest, well thats lost on me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Monfrique, Guest Relations Manager at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear sandrine j,

Monique
QT Sydney
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. From the stylish yet funky decor, extremely friendly and efficient staff, to all the little things they've thought of ... I simply can't recommend this hotel enough.

THE ROOM.
Our room was in the 10 th floor with views of the qvb. The room was large with huge windows and Black out curtains. Mini bar well stocked - complete with a nespresso machine (and if you don't like the flavors on offer walk across the road to the nespresso shop). Bathroom divine ... Still dreaming of the fantastic bath tub we had. Bed bug and comfy.... seemed to swallow us up :)

LOCATION
A stones throw to the qvb and Pitt street mall. Above the state theatre. unbelievable.

SERVICE
Prompt, friendly and efficient. Very happy indeed. Five star with personality.

THE ELEVATORS
Yes, they deserve a mention of their own. Funky elevator music timed to perfection.

Highly recommended.