“QT Sydney an amazing place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of QT Sydney

QT Sydney
Ranked #13 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Hamilton, New Zealand
“QT Sydney an amazing place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

A wonderful quirky theatrical hotel which has thought of everything. The rooms are well designed and beautifully equipped with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The restaurant is an absolute must - and incredible menu and experience staying here. I certainly hope to return for a romantic getaway....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hi Tania_Jackson2014,

Sounds like a divine stay. Completely agree with you on the beds and the dining on property. Both simply marvellous.

Hope you get to take a cheeky romantic weekend - everyone needs one once in a while!

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

QT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was very happy with my stay at the QT Sydney. The rooms were spacious, the amenities were gorgeous. Room service was quick and helpful. Everyone was just so nice.

The only negative I had was.. I booked through priority rewards which gives you a complimentary 1pm checkout. I was unsure if I needed the room for longer the next day or not, upon checking in, concierge advised me that if I needed to stay till 2pm the next day to call back in the morning and they will be able to organise that for me. I called back in the morning and the representative was a little rude and when I enquired she said I could only have the room until 1130am (although I already had it till 1pm) I advised her of this and she said 'well 1pm is the latest I can give you as someone else will be checking into that same room) which is fine, I understand, but I shouldn't of been told that I could have called back in the morning to change it if I wished.

Other than that minor circumstance, everything else was lovely!

Definately be staying here again!

Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014
Hi Shawttii,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and wonderful to hear that you are utilising our Priority Guest Rewards program. It really gives you some wonderful perks.

So sorry about the snappy and ill advised receptionist. Sounds like she was having a bad moment!

“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson's Essays

Thanks kindly,

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here August 2014. Very handily located in CBD, handy to QVB, Myers, David Jones and host of good shops, and Town Hall Station. Once you get over the concierges uniforms, what is uniform is excellent service. Friendly reception staff, happy to help, gave us a very nice room facing Market Street, excellent bed, comfortable got very good nights rest. Shower has two different options, overhead one excellent pressure, and nice fluffy towels. Two basin vanity with plenty of room to put toiletries, would have been good to have a towel rail at each end of the vanity, rather than one. Lighting is a bit subdued, could be brighter, especially shower. Gowings was nice for breakfast, a la carte, with some interesting options, would have been nice to have more egg options for Gowings Breakfast, only scrambled offered, would have liked poached or fried options. Again friendly and efficient service, and good coffee. At night is very busy and it pays to book, is quite noisy, but food was of good quality, although steak options should have vegetables as part of price, a piece of steak does not constitute a meal. Staff excellent although uniforms are a little risqué, and I wonder if they are appropriate especially when families are dining. Wine list had some good options. Overall I would recommend to others, is a well situated, comfortable hotel with very good level of service

Room Tip: Market Street facing rooms best, not much too look at in side rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Hi Mark M,

Thanks for such a detailed review of both the hotel and our great dining options.

Sounds like yourself and your family had a beautiful experience and we are delighted to have been your hosts for the evening.

“It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way!”
― Penelope Riley, Travel Absurdities

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Booked an exec king suite, on line,and was sightly nervous that it would be as good as the pictures showed.No need,it was fantastic.The hotel is really cool,with wonderfully funky,fun decor.The room was fantastic,and the staff and service in all areas was outstanding.
We stayed there as a surprise for my wife's birthday,and went to a show at the State Theatre next door.For a terrific weekend in Sydney,this is the way well do it again.
We asked for a high floor in the older part,and will do again next time.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Blackdoug,

Whopeeeee! Happy birthday to your wife, and thank you for a gorgeous review.

It's so wonderful when the pictures match up to the real thing isn't it? Awesome that we lived up to the promise.

“Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” ― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

We would love to take care of you again soon!

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night for part business, part fun. Restaurant and bars are vibrant and good. I found the rooms dark and the bathroom impractical. The bed was very comfortable. In Sydney, you most definitely get better value, but it is worth a visit.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Werner S,

Thanks kindly for your review.

Delighted to enjoyed your stay, and we will takes your notes under advisement.

“Travel brings power and love back into your life.” ― Rumi

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I had a such a great stay at QT Sydney. Location is great, the room was very cool, yet still comfortable and functional with some cool little touches thrown in, the in room espresso martini kit, great mini bar items as well, there was even an emergency bow tie, which, if you were to have a bow tie emergency is helpful :) The customer service from staff is absolutely on point.. So friendly and helpful. The food is also amazing, whether you are at the restaurant or getting room service, I couldn't fault it, I had breakfast included with my stay and it was such a tasty time! I will definitely stay there again... Actually If I could, I would live there :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Hi sachfinley,

What a fabulous review! Thanks so much for letting us know that you loved your stay. I feel exactly the same way every time I stay - I just never want to leave.

Thanks also for the lovely notes on our staff. Without them it would just be a building without a soul so we appreciate them every day.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain

Hoping to see you again soonest.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I recently stayed here while away for work, and given its proximity to the business I found this a great advantage, as it allowed me more time to spend within this fantastic hotel! I loved the dark moody entrance and the whole reception area and process.

I was checked in my the manager on duty at the time and he make this as efficient as possible. The room I stayed in was on there 10th floor, was quiet and had everything you could ask for. The bath was nice and deep and the bed was ever so comfortable. The two nights I stayed were great and I enjoyed a solid nights rest. The early check out was quick and the complimentary coffee downstairs was just what I needed at 7am.

I was a bit disappointed I didn't get chance to take advantage of the complimentary access to the Virgin Active around the corner. Thats something I will have to try and fit in next time!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hi JacHiggins,

Sounds like an absolutely divine stay. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. It makes it all worth it!

Hope you get to sneak in a trip to the gym next visit.

“A traveler without observation is a bird without wings.” – Moslih Eddin Saadi