“Great value”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Glebe
Description: Czech and Slovakian restaurant/bar in the hard of Glebe. The best selection of Euro beers on tap.
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had a Groupon voucher for an Oktoberfest platter for two ($35) , 2 beers and cherry strudel. They wouldn't let us subsitute a softdrink for a beer for the designated driver which I thought was a bit mean. The cafe had a lovely atmosphere and we found metered parking easily across the road. We also ordered the 3 dips and bread which was delicious. All in all there was plenty to eat. The sausages on the platter and the chicken schnitzel were particularly tasty, the duck and pork a little dry. The strudel ended up being apple rather than cherry - a pity but we were pretty full by this time. We would love to come back and try some of the other dishes - the menu looked like everything was priced reasonably.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

If you love great beer, authentic east European food and the feel of a local bar, hard to beat this place. Great night out and change of pace from the regular Sydney scene. Very casual. Very friendly. Very good. One of the highlights of my Australia trip.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Tommy's is a great place to go for lunch or dinner, including Sunday for a good beer and nice food.
I am lucky that this place us near where I work and I can just pop down for lunch.
The pork knuckle is highly recommended.
The waitstaff seem to change regularly and a little unpolished, but kind and try their best.
Good solid honest food, drink and service.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

A must go restaurant! Great atmosphere, felt like we were sitting in one of slovakian restaurants back home. Food was great, deliciously yummy. Great to have a chat with friendly staff. Definitely coming back when we are in Sydney again. J & J

Reviewed 11 July 2013

With mouth-watering foreign beers on tap and veal schnitzel, this is husband's new favourite place in the world. I love the look of this place, all bare brick and wood and reminiscent of drinking halls. I've, sadly, never been one for schnitzels, bread dumplings and pork bellies but I have it on good authority that this place does amazing everything and I don't know what I'm missing out on. I can say, with conviction, "PRETZEL! SO GOOD!" The same goes for most of the beers I sampled.

A special mention needs to be made of how nice the bar/ front of house staff were. Thanks for making us welcome.