“Canberra couple”

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
Ranked #45 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great location, Place is starting to be dated and we found that there was a lack of hot water to the point the it ran out one morning. Breaky is good value. Hotel was close to the Capitol Theatre and Darling Habour.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Wayne S,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that your recent stay did not meet the standards that you had experienced on your previous stay with us.

In regards to your feedback about hot water issue, I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. After we received your review, I have advised our Maintenance Department of this issue and have taken the necessary measures to rectify it.

I hope that this information has assisted you with your concerns. And we are happy to see that overall you have had a pleasant stay with us again.

The staff and I at the Aspire Hotel Sydney would like to thank you again for taking the time to comment on the property and we appreciate your kind feedback. Also I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Sydney.

There are newer reviews for Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Close to Darling Harbour , reasonably priced, clean and reasonably priced undercover parking. The staff are friendly and helpful.Chinatown is just down the road for great chinese food. A short walk to Central station

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear jennyKincumber,

The staff and I at Aspire Hotel Sydney are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel.

Many of our guests choose to stay at the Aspire Hotel based on our quiet and convenient location, and we try our best to meet our guests’ needs. We are currently looking into a gradual refurbishment of the hotel, and we hope to further provide guests with more comfortable stays

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Three nights in Sydney at The Aspire Hotel was relaxing, convenient and very affordable. The staff from the moment we made inquiries about staying there to when we checked out were informed, polite and ever helpful. We found the hotel on a website but on contacting the hotel directly, we were able to get a much better deal. Proximity to Darling Harbour, and Chinatown (Old and New) involves a ten to fifteen minute walk. The street is so quiet, hard to believe you are so close to the Chinatown/Darling Harbour! Car parking at the hotel is great, unless you are driving a large four wheel drive. The staff again are very helpful, approachable and easily as professional as those at five star hotels. If you would like affordable clean accommodation close to Chinatown/Darling Harbour, quiet and restful sleep and value car parking and great service, then see what these friendly people can do for you.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Plankman66,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us a wonderful feedback from your recent with us at Aspire Hotel Sydney. And we are so thrilled and glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Many of our guests choose to stay at the Aspire Hotel based on our quiet and convenient location, and we try our best to meet our guests’ needs. We always try to offer a great value for money accommodation with a friendly service to all our guests.

I am glad that our staff were able to help you with your requests and I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.

Once again thank you for taking the time and effort to leave a review of our hotel. I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Sydney.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed 6 nights in a triple room (myself,husband and 10yr old son) and it was really good. Very well priced with good service. Décor is getting a bit tired but you're not paying top dollar so don't expect the flashest surroundings. The location is easy walking distance to Darling Harbour shops, China Town, Paddy's market. We even walked back from the Opera House without too much effort - our son doesn't like too much walking but even he did it easily!
Would recommend if you are wanting spend you money on activities rather than fancy accommodation. Room was spacious and kept very clean every day. Would stay again.
There also a great café (Caffetini) around the corner for breakfast. The hotel breakfast would be the only negative (a bit greasy and not a lot offered)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Kristin B,

Thank you for your recent stay in Aspire Hotel Sydney and for the time taken to leave your feedback. We are glad that you have overall enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you had a nice time in Sydney. We always try to offer a great value for money accommodation with a friendly service to all our guests.

In regards to your feedback about breakfast issue, I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. After we received your review, I have spoken to our Food and Beverage staff about this issue and I can assure you that we take your feedback very seriously to improve our service for our future and returning customers.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have chosen to stay at the Aspire Sydney twice now, staff are true professionals, the facilities are good, the location to entertainment is hard to beat, the cost was within budget expectations, especially during school holidays. We will be utilising the Aspire again without doubt, it may not be called the ritz but the Aspire exceeds all expectations in other areas. Thanks to the staff for making our visit to Sydney more memorable.

Room Tip: East side rooms have a balcony that can be utilised in warmer months
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Ross A,

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel. It really is great value for money and a really top location for Darling Harbour goers.
Walking into the hotel its very clean and smells lovely & fresh! The staff and very friendly and helpful!
However the room we stayed in this time was room 423 and was in need of maintenance.
The sliding door to the balcony wouldn't lock and by the damage to the door, maybe hasn't locked in a while.
Good thing hubby carries his Leatherman and it is now working properly again!!
The king size bed was extremely hard and after walking over 10kms one day and walking 5 kms the next plus the Harbour Bridge Climb it did nothing to help relieve our aching muscles! Because we also woke up stiff from a hard bed!
The shower head was terrible, it spat water out in every direction in your face and hair and little on the boy to wash yourself! Very unenjoyable!
We stayed for breakfast which was supposed to be 7 - 10am but at 9.15am was told it would be closing in 10 minutes and the hot food wasn't that hot and very little of it left.
All in all though, this is a great place to stay. Minor complaints this time but I have no doubt next time we stay these will be rectified.
I have to say though, we have stayed at alot of METRO hotels, and have vowed never to stay at another one, I was surprised when I walked in that this hotel was a Metro Hotel. Metro should be very proud of this one, as there is no comparison with other Metro places we have stayed! It is the best one by far!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jodi D,

In regards to your feedback about room issues (the sliding door, bed and shower head), I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. After we received your review, I have advised our Maintenance and Housekeeping Managers of these issues and have taken the necessary measures to rectify them.

I would also like to apologise for the concerns you have brought up in regards to our breakfast timings. I have spoken to our Food and Beverage staff about this issue and can assure you that steps have been put in place make sure this problem is avoided in the future.

The staff and I at the Aspire Hotel Sydney would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on the property and we appreciate your kind feedback. Also I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Sydney.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were a party of 3 adults and 2 children and stayed in the 1 room (twin double with sofa bed) for less than $200. Walking distance to fish market and china town and darling harbour. Close to trams, ferries and busses. Generally fabulous customer service and room standard. Beds were comfy and there was a spacious bathroom and balcony. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The twin double rooms are quite large!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Jazmin E,