“Average hotel with good location and price”

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
Ranked #39 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Location is great, 10-15 minutes walking distance to Darling Harbour, shoping mall Broadway is 15 minutes, quiet neighbourhood. But comfort is not on the level like mattresses, thin walls and you can hear neighbours, no table and chairs on balcony, just few hangers in closet. Staff is ok. There is no big problem with staying here, but a lot of things could be improved for better satisfaction of guests. It looks like hotel needs owner who would care more and stay in rooms sometimes to notice what has to be improved. If you get good price like we did then this disadvantages are expected from hotel and easy to bear.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear MM051,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that your recent stay did not meet the standards that you expected and as well the ones that we want to give to all our guests.

In regards to your feedback about room issues (mattresses and hangers), I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. After we received your review, I have advised our Housekeeping Manager and have taken the necessary measures to rectify them.

Many of our guests choose to stay at the Aspire Hotel based on our quiet and convenient location, and we try our best to meet our guests’ needs. We always try to offer a great value for money accommodation with a friendly service to all our guests.

I hope that this information has assisted you with your concerns. And we are happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on the property and we take your feedback seriously to improve our service for our future and returning guests. Also I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Sydney.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Located near the abc ultimo,sydney TAFE and the powerhouse museum as well as Sydney Uni and a host of health infrastructure ,this property is just too terrible to consider value for money at any price . Less than clean ,needing a pest service,risible breakfast,and uncertain lift as well as the keys never opening my door lead to a very sad experience .Dont stay here .You no matter your budget deserve better

Room Tip: Don't go but if you have to try and get a room far away from the lift and on the fourth floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jenelle B
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Jenelle B,
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us your feedback and sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience whilst staying with us.

In regards to your feedback about cleanliness of the room, keys and lifts. I apologize for the inconvenience them may have caused. After we received your review, I have advised our Maintenance and Housekeeping Managers of these issues and will review and take actions as we do value all our guests' comments.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on the property and we take your feedback seriously to improve our service for our future customers. Also I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Sydney.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed there from May 2-6 2014. Our room was large and the bed was comfortable, and the location in a quiet area near the Tech Uni is pleasant , but...
the couch was filthy dirty
the room and bathroom were not very clean at all
the balcony table was a heap of rust
the balcony wall almost collapsed
the staff were less than impressive
the breakfast buffet was so uninviting and unappetizing that we went somewhere else
I sent a guest questionnaire to their head office but never got any reaction at all.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ulrich K

Dear Ulrich K,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I am terrible sorry that your recent stay did not meet the standards that you expected and as well the ones that we want to give to all our guests.

In regards to your feedback about cleanliness of the room, I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. After we received your review, I have advised our Housekeeping Manager of these issues and have taken the necessary measures to rectify it and can assure you that steps have been put in place make sure this problem is avoided in the future.

Secondly, I would also like to apologise for the concerns you have brought up in regards to balcony issues. I have spoken to our Maintenance Manager about these issues and we will review and take actions to fix it straight away as soon as was notified.

Once again please accept my apology for the unhappy experience and I hope that this information has assisted you with your concerns. I can assure you that we take your feedback very seriously to improve our service for our future and returning customers.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel and room could do with refurbishing however room was still kept very clean. The location is quiet and yet still handy to Darling Harbour/Pyrmont. The Deluxe King Plus room was large and came with secure undercover parking and buffet breakfast (which was cold as not much turnover). Room air con unit may have been broken as was not warming room up and with only a thin blanket and sheets and no other bedding I was cold. As it was late didn't try to get another blanket. Overall would stay again if needing a hotel in the Ultimo area as it was priced fairly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear KiwiLivesInSydney,

In regards to your feedback about Air Con issue, I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. After we received your review, I have advised our Maintenance Department and will review and take action accordingly. As well one of the reason why we have a 24/7 Reception is trying to help our guests with any request any time.

Secondly, after we received your review about breakfast, I have spoken to our Food and Beverage staff about this issue and I can assure you that we take your feedback very seriously to improve our service for our future and returning customers.

Once again thank you for taking the time and effort to leave a review of our hotel. I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Ultimo, Sydney.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very clean, neat, and quiet, and great proximity to the city - only a 10-minute walk to George/Campbell Streets. Shower was erratic, and I notice that other reviews mention the same thing, so perhaps it's time to get the maintenance people in. Wi-Fi is only available in the foyer and very slow, but at least it's there. Danny on the front counter was very friendly and helpful. Car-parking was excellent and very convenient. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear BandBTRavellers,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us your feedback from your recent with us at Aspire Hotel Sydney. And we are so thrilled and glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

In regards to your feedback about shower pressure, I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. After we received your review, I have advised our Maintenance Department of this issue and have taken the necessary measures to rectify it.

I am glad that our staff were able to help you with your requests and I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.

Once again the staff and I would like to thank you again for taking the time to comment on the property and we appreciate your feedback. Also I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Sydney.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

rooms were basic but clean and acceptable. Location was quiet but involved a bit of walking to get to the area around Central Station and World Square. Price was fair. Not many eating options immediately nearby so be prepared to walk.

• Stayed: July 2014
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Philip D,

Thank you for your recent stay in Aspire Hotel Sydney and for the time taken to leave your feedback. We are glad that you have overall enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you had a nice time in Sydney. We always try to offer a great value for money accommodation with a friendly service to all our guest.

Many of our guests choose to stay at the Aspire Hotel based on our quiet and convenient location, and we try our best to meet our guests’ needs. We are currently looking into a gradual refurbishment of the hotel, and we hope to further provide guests with more comfortable stays

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for clean and comfortable in a quiet but convenient location the Aspire Hotel fits the bill. It is old and dated but the rooms are big and were serviced everyday with fresh bed linen and towels. If you walk around the corner there is a covered walkway next to the power house museum this is a great shortcut to China Town and the light rail stop which goes to central station. Walk the other way at the end of the walkway and in around 8 mins you are at Darling Harbour. If you want value for money with no frills then would recommend. We stayed for 4 nights.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Willosa,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your recent stay in Aspire Hotel Sydney and for the time taken to leave your feedback. We are glad that you have overall enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you had a nice time in Sydney.

The quiet and convenient location of our property is something which preferred especially by guests who have events to attend in the nearby area and also by guests who want to visit Sydney’s most famous landmarks because where are located close to CBD. Also we are currently looking into a gradual refurbishment of the hotel, and we hope to further provide guests with more comfortable stays.

We look forward to your visit with us in the future.