APX Apartments Darling Harbour
US$208
US$164
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
US$209
Shangri-La.com
US$176
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$131
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsdixon streetdarling harbourexecutive studio apartmentgreat locationthese apartmentslarge balconychinatown areaasian foodchinese gardengenerous sizestay there againpaddy's marketbusiness tripa great place to staywashing machineroom was spaciousshort stroll
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Room with a view............ended up looking at the high rise opposite and the dirty smelly laneway below, TV worked now and then, had to continually ask for tea bags / milk and toilet paper, definately not the star rating they advertise, choose elsewhere, you have been warned.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bootboy55
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed at the APX a few months back & found that the room smelt of take away food from the cafe's & restaurants opposite. The noise from the cafe's kept us awake & the smell was over powering. And the view from the balcony wasn't the best.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 5 days in late Sept / early October would not stay again. Booked a room with three mates and three singles (two singles and a sofa bed). However, on arrival APX had allocated us one double and a sofa bed. I was the quickest & got the sofa bed. The other two were furious. The hotel's response was shameful - take the room or go elsewhere. They refused to accept responsibility for their error or fix the problem. On arrival the toilet wasn't working properly and we had to call maintenance to sort. The hotel claims to be in Darling Harbour - it's close but it's actually in China Town in a lane way which is very noisy at night. There are far better value hotels and apartments in Sydney than APX.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank jesimel
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We recently stayed at the APX Darling Harbour and must say we will never again set foot in the place. Our first room was for a disabled person and while this is good for disabled people we were never given a choice. A day of arguing ensued and we were eventually changed to a more suitable room, having said that there were no privacy curtains and after we complained they hung some, however, they did not fully close! The place was dirty, the staff were rude, less than helpful and due to these issues the hotel is definately not value for money.
One to avoid at all costs.... :-(

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Al Fresco T
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed for a week at APX Apartments in Sydney and I am afraid it wasn't a pleasant stay. On my first morning there I left the room to go out and see Sydney. There was a housekeeper waiting to clean the room and I let her in. I went to the lift but after getting to the foyer realised I had left my sunglasses in the room. I went back up and the room door was open, I assumed the house keeper was cleaning. I must have startled her as I discovered her looking through my things on the kitchen bench! Including money, duty free purchases etc. She immediately fled the room! Needless to say the rest of the visit was nervous as I tried to hide valuables or take them with me. The room itself was ok but it did smell of damp. I found the check-in to be very time consuming and problematic. I have enjoyed Quest rooms in the past but the change to APX, which unfortunately occurred after my booking was made, seems to have had a negative effect on service. I wont be staying here agin.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo