“Worth going to if you get it at reasonable price”

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
Ranked #23 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Booked a mustery deal of Wotif. I found the hotel to be quite good. Yes it is a bit dated but the room was good and the staff were very nice. Location is very good and we had a verynice view. Very nice bath with a good bed.

Overall it was a good experience. There are better hotels around but for the price I was happy with the experience.

Room Tip: Ask how much it will cost to upgrade and bargain.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (9,232)

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Have stayed here on several occasions. Always great service,comfortable bed and great breakfast buffet.
Parking is tight when its full so get in early.
If you are going out Friday night and need a cab, leave plenty of time. We left 40minutes for a 10 minute journey and only just made it.
Perfect position to explore the city by foot though.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This was a great hotel for our first few nights in Australia. Stay on a higer floor to minimize the road noise as this hotel is in the middle of the CBD (central business district). We stayed in 2205 and it was perfect. The bellmen were accomodating and prompt, the front desk personnel were gracious. It was spotlessly clean, modern and, most importantly, comfortable. The hotel is well situated - a few blocks from The Rocks, the opera house, many restaurants and bars, parks, and the city rail system. One thing to keep in mind is that hotels and restaurants are staggeringly expensive compared to many places in the US (think Manhattan prices). We looked around at other hotels and seemed to think that for our needs this was a very good choice and we will stay here again at the end of our trip. It's a business hotel so the internet is excellent and it's quiet.

We did not try the 2 hotel restaurants and did not have the opportunity to try the other facilities.

We flew into Sydney and went directly from the international terminal to the train which is well marked in the airport. The Wynyard station stop is directly below the hotel. On the way up to street level you pass many shops and cafes so you can get a snack before showering and hitting all the tourist spots in beautiful Sydney. BTW, if you arrive during rush hour, the city rail system/subway is much faster than the bus. It costs approximately $15 from the international terminal to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed for 3 nights on business.

Pros:
Amazing location right in the heart of the city with great access and travel options.
Lovely pool and spa pool which was always deserted.
Attentive friendly service.
Very clean.
Spacious room and lovely bathroom.
I ate in the restaurant twice and the food was good.

Cons:
Single bed which wasn't overly comfortable.
Very loud minibar which I had to unplug to be able to sleep.
Awful tv picture

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Spent two nights at the Amora Jamison for our 20th wedding anniversary in March. Check in was great, thanks to the friendly and experienced staff. The executive suite we booked was well presented, it included access to the Jamison Club for breakfast, for drinks and
canapes from 5.30pm till 7.30pm, staff in the JC were excellent. Special thanks to Jun Park at reception. This was our third visit to the Amora and we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: King deluxe corner suites have a better view of the harbour
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rkm93
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I can't speak for the beds or the food, but I can certainly speak for the service! This supposed to be a 5 star hotel, they must be self-rated I think! My daughter and her boyfriend became engaged last night which was a surprise to us when they called us last night. As they were staying at the hotel I thought it would be lovely to order a bottle of French champagne to be sent to their room for when they got back from the restaurant. I rang the hotel and asked if they could do that for me if I gave my credit card details. After speaking to 3 different people I was told by the concierge they could send up a bottle of Moet but only if I filled out a form, copied my credit card and emailed it all over to them but it wouldn't be til the morning. That was a shame but nevertheless I thought it would be a nice surprise for when they got back from breakfast. So I filled in the form send my credit card details both by fax and email and asked them to send up the champagne in the morning. They rang me at 3pm to say they couldn't do it as they don't stock French champagne! wonder why its on their bar menu then??? This is such a simple request and any other 5 star hotel I know of would have had no problems doing this. Needless to say if they can't get this right what would it be like to stay there?

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank l0calady
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We have stayed here several times. Rooms are clean Pillows are super, staff are friendly. Use the shower in the Gym/ pool area. Its a great experience. It is a great central location. It is close to the city circle rail system. We have never had a bad experience. Parking is about $35/night

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family