“A Million dollar view from our window on level 25”

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
Ranked #22 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 3 April 2013

A luxury bed for the night, so soft and comfortable, a wonderful swimming pool and a full on steam room and sauna, in a location so close to the Rocks area and to Circular Quay. The staff were amazingly helpful and courteous, and gave us directions which were well thought out and helpful. I spent at least 2 hours relaxing on the chaise-width window ledge, looking out at the spectacular, 180 degree views to the south of Sydney from our window. The hotel was so nice and quiet, and a very relaxing place to stay. I would love to stay there again in the future. The room was smaller than I expected, but the view from the room was a lot larger than I had thought likely.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This was our third time staying here (always the secret hotel booked with lastminute.com). It's a great location for the habour/Opera House (which was our destination). The rooms are very comfortable and we find the staff to be helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank libbywithnall
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Amora is not a 5 star hotel as it claims. The place needs a total refurbishment. I have stayed here before a few times about 3 years ago and it was lovely, however the Amora should now be a 4 star hotel. Staff are helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank honest315
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed here through a mystery deal on lastminute.com and I didn't know what to expect. I knew it wasn't going to be on par with the shangri-la (cos that's where I really wanted to go but couldn't afford it) but I found the staff were completely fine and happy to help me. Yes, the hotel was dated and a bit worn but I'm fine with this as my room was clean and the mini-bar was well stocked(better than most mini bars I've come across). I asked for a quiet room and that's what I got. I got a corner room so it had lots of windows which I loved. The location was excellent. McDonald's is a 2 min walk away and it was only a 5 min walk away to circular quay and the rocks!. wynyard train station is only a minute walk away. I asked the concierge for directions to get to the royal easter show (anz stadium) and the concierge were very helpful and the directions were faultless. And i have no sense of direction so I was very grateful!!! I did try the room service. They were quick(under 30 minutes) but I would say the food was average. Nothing bad about it though.

My overall recommendation would be don't expect 5 stars. If that's what you want then you will have to keep saving your $ and go to another hotel but really? A hotel is just to sleep in. And the location was great and service good.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Junglegirl12
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The Hotel is very nice, good size rooms and good in-room facilities. Ice though you have to call guest services???
Free wifi
The cupboard/tv/mini bar arrangement is a bit like a jigsaw puzzle. Hit my head a few times on the tv stand as i accessed the refrigerator.
The only negative is my expectation. For a 5 star hotel rating i expect customer service to be friendly and attentive at all times. The reception/checking staff were great. On the single occasion i approached the Guest Services person, he was less than helpful, and definitely not friendly and attentive.
That's what lets this hotel down for me. Is a great location, but i would probably give another 4-5 star hotel a try next time.
Still it's very good and i give it 4 our of 5.

Room Tip: Higher up will always get a better view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2013

From the outside the hotel looks very nice,it is a nice neighbourhood,the reception is nice and quick,the lobby area is very nice,but when you get into the lift it is very dated,when we got into our room it was ok,but when we had a shower it flooding the whole bathroom floor,which is a pain the ,they need to update the whole room,and as with the free wi-fi it is complicated to do all the instructions,and if you want breakfast go outside for it it is so expensive,and i booked my room through woitif and i only pay $160,i wouldnt pay $420 for a room a rip off,

Room Tip: corner room is bigger,
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stayed there over the week for a night with my partner on our wedding anniversary. We booked through lastminute purchasing the secret hotel deal. When we first read the reviews we were unsure what to expect. However the staff were great! They upgraded us to the 19th floor and help arrange flowers on the beds. It was a wonderful stay, with a comfy bed! And not to forget great view! Just a few faults, i.e scratches on furniture. However overall satisfied and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013