“not recommended...”

Sydney Star Accommodation
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sydney
Sydney Star Accommodation
Ranked #53 of 139 Speciality Lodging in Sydney
Adelaide, Australia
“not recommended...”
Reviewed 29 April 2010

The room I booked was the Double Ensuite Grande, I don't think it's grande at all. The building is one of those old styled which is ok from the outside, but the room we got is no good. The ceiling is very tall but the room's quite dark, with old floor and most of all, there's this whole wall going mouldy because of humidity I guess.

I stayed in anyway and being told this is the last double ensuite they got. Next time, I guess nah...

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Heilbronn
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I booked this hostel for only 3 nights (Dec 22nd - 25th), but I finally stayed there until Jan 2nd! I enjoyed the comfy athmosphere this lovely renovated place offeres to all its visitors. This is especially owning to Steve the living-in manager. He really does a great job. Being interested in getting to know his guests and offering the unique experience of the easy Australian way of life, he organized a delicious Christmas BBQ at Shark Bay and inviting people to an amazing spot at Point Piper for New Year`s Eve Celebrations with unforgettable views of the world famous Sydney fireworks! Thanks!!! :)
I shared my clean and spacious room with friendly mates. The hostel is well situated in a trendy neighbourhood only a couple of minutes from Sydney`s down town centre and famous beaches. It was hard to leave and I`ll be back by May! I definitely recommend this hostel to everybody!!!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank Xana76
Torbay, Devon
Reviewed 7 February 2009

This hostel was terrible. After much deliberation when choosing a hostel we decided to go for this one as it had good reviews and is in a great location. Really wish we had gone elsewhere. Our room was filthy with broken furniture and dirty bed linen (there was a condom wrapper in the bed!!). We decided we couldnt possibly stay in this room for a week so asked to be moved. We were moved to an equally filthy room so decided just to leave. Do not stay here!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty rooms
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple