Stayed here for 4 nights and it cost us $124.
* helpful staff
* opportunity to meet lots of people
*secure attitude - although sometimes some of the rooms were wedged open on occasion, I felt my stuff was safe
* policies were adhered to vast majority of time (see above) which meant that everyone respected the hostel boundaries - esp. in terms of the kitchen - overall not too bad, everyone washed own plates up etc.
*location is pretty central - Sydney CBD and Bondi Beach are both in close proximity
*staff were cleaning everyday and quite throughly too - hoovering/mopping communal areas etc.
*lots of hostel activities
* most of the people staying there are people who have lived there for several months so can seem a bit 'cliquey' at first
*guests are put in the same room as the long term people so the room we were in was a complete tip/stuff everywhere
*likewise the kitchen and fridge space taken up by people who live there
*no lift and a LOT of stairs if you have a suitcase
*not much to do in Kings Cross itself
*only a shower curtain in unisex and single sex showers - looked flimsy and fell down once.
*hostel activities seemed dominated by people who lived there e.g. film night - a group of the regulars chose it instead of seeking a majority.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kings Cross Backpackers is a friendly, modern and fully renovated Sydney Hostel. 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and female only dorms are available. Warning: Kings cross Backpackers is a super friendly small hostel with all guests becoming great friends. This is not a boring 500 bed hospital/jail hostel which all true travellers learn to hate. Kings Cross Backpackers is quickly becoming the top rated and most social hostel in Sydney. With an almost cult following it is mainly filled with repeat visitors. Unfortunately most guests cry when they leave. All rates include free breakfast, free WIFI, free cable TV, free nights out and access to a beautiful rooftop garden with a panty dropping view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kings Cross Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.