Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$146
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$189
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$140
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$204
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Old Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$129
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

US$192
Autograph
InterContinental Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$185
US$230
US$174
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$98
  • Pool
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was a little worried about staying at Rydges Camperdown, as it is directly across the road from Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the thought of sirens and traffic noise all night was worrying. Luckily I had a room at the back of the building which was not very noisy at all. The room was clean and tidy but certainly showed signs of its age eg there were only two power points in the room and as I was travelling for business it made it difficult to charge up phones, computers etc.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was pleasant and offered a reasonable selection at the breakfast buffet. WiFi is free which is also fabulous.
The central position makes it a great place to stay for work as it is close to universities, hospitals and public transport. As long as you have a room away from Missenden Road you are probably able to have some piece and quiet but I would take some ear plugs just in case. The motel would greatly benefit from a facelift including triple glazing to the windows.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jane D
Clair W, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and found our team friendly and helpful as we continuously endeavour to exceed our guests’ expectations in both the product and service we provide. I am also excited to advise we are currently in the process of updating all of our guest rooms and look forward to this being completed in the upcoming months.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

At last - a hotel in Sydney with FREE WIFI! I'd return just for this alone. Yes, the rooms are somewhat dated with 'bitsy' renovations e.g. the bed is new and the sink in the bathroom is new but the carpet is badly worn and the furnishings look like they were from my Nanna's house in the 1960s. The TV didn't work properly and the TV remote was repaired with copious amounts of sticky tape.
I had a city view room which was worth the slight extra charge and it was quiet, although you're on Missenden Road very close to Parramatta Road, so sirens and drunks abound at night.
Another upside - walking distance to King Street, Newtown and all the funky bars and restaurants up there.
The staff were really good and very helpful. Check-in was very efficient.

I'd return but only when renovations are complete.

Room Tip: Get a city view room
Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KathyW201

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay; we are very excited to be able to provide our guests with free WIFI access throughout the hotel.

I have passed your comments about the TV in your room to our maintenance team and they will be checking all of our guest rooms to ensure there are no further issues; however our reception team are always happy to assist with this at any time of the day or night.

I am also pleased to advise we are currently in the process of updating all of our guest rooms, including replacing furniture, and look forward to this being completed in the upcoming months.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here on the weekend, good location but when we arrived Saturday and enquired about the bar/restaurant we were advised that it was closed on weekends, What a joke!! if we had of know that prior to booking we would never have chosen to stay here, there was no fan in the bathroom and the hot water surged on and off in the shower.
On the upside the staff were friendly and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katrina b
Clair W, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. I have informed our Maintenance Manager of the issues you experienced with the shower in your room and he is working to resolve this.

Unfortunately our bar and restaurant don’t open for lunch and dinner on the weekends, however we do still offer 24 hour room service to ensure there is always something available for our guests.

On a more positive note I am pleased to see you found our team friendly and enjoyed our Rydges Dream Beds.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for business and went with Rydges for the name, big mistake. The room was OLD and in bad need of refurb, there were power points hanging off the wall, a light without a cover with the bulb and wiring exposed, the phone was missing buttons. The bathroom was disgraceful, there were holes around the power points and around the taps on the shower, the hot water was scolding then cold while I was in the shower and it happened both times, the bath plug was yellow and green clearly from not being cleaned properly, the room service was barely edible and seriously over priced. The breakfast buffet was the only demeaning thing about this place and even then it was fine but not spectacular.
I was bitterly disappointed and will not be staying here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Lys_culley
Clair W, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. I have passed your concerns to our Maintenance Manager and Executive Housekeeper and they are ensuring these get resolved as quickly as possible. I have also passed your comments about our restaurant and room service to our Head Chef and he is following this up with his team.

I am pleased to advise we are currently in the process of updating all of our guest rooms for a more modern and fresh feel and are excited for this to be completed in the upcoming months.

I am disappointed your stay was not as enjoyable as we would have hoped and we would love the opportunity to show you we can in fact ‘get it right’. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel should you wish to discuss this further.

Again, thank you for your time, your feedback will go towards improving the experience our guests have whilst staying with us.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have frequently stayed at rydges hotels so was expecting more. The hotel appears dirty the lifts hallways and rooms. We ate in the resteraunt once our meal was a seafood pasta dish that was cold and inedible. Very poor value for money

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Haywanders
Clair W, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback about your recent stay with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. I have passed your comments about dinner to our Head Chef and he is currently following this up with his team to ensure it is not repeated.

We are however in the process of updating all of our guest room for a fresh and more modern feel, and look forward to this being completed in the coming months.

We would like the opportunity to turn this experience around for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel should you wish to discuss this any further.