“Great value for money!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Central Station Hotel
Ranked #76 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
“Great value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

It was so close to the train and a very short walk to shopping centre and loads of Restaruants. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and modern.

Room was a little small but is fine if you are going to be out most of the day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Albury, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have never stop in a queen deluxe that has been so small, I would hate to see the shoebox rooms, or for that matter a standard queen. The size of the room made the stay extremely uncomfortable as there was no where really to put our suit cases, and no mirror in the room for the convenience of getting ready to go out only a small mirror in the bathroom, that would fog up when someone was in the shower, and the bathroom floor got very wet from a poorly designed shower screen that allowed water to leek onto the floor. I am sorry I would not stay here
again, but maybe for a single guy looking for a room it may be ok but I don't think it is good value, I personally would spend a bit more and get a larger more comfortable room.

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked my stay in the Central Station Station Hotel based on its ideal location and impressive looking room photos. Upon arriving the room itself was as others have already said here; a tad on the small side for the regular rates, but clean and nicely furnished.

The main negative for myself was the bed; given I was staying in a King Deluxe Room I didn't really expect to have any problems with the size, so was rather disappointed to find that while the bed was quite wide, it was inadequate length for a 6ft bloke like myself. Also for my tastes the mattress was much firmer than i'm used to - but this is subjective.

The staff were friendly, and my stay was positive overall, but I was left with a feeling that I could have chosen better. I will likely look at other options for next time I stay in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Wynyard, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff were excellent and the rooms spotless and serviced thoroughly. However, our room was extremely cramped and the bed was way too firm for our liking. There was no room for two people to stand and the only place to sit other than the bed was an un-upholstered metal stool. The desk was too small to work at. We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a large, internal facing room on the top floor and don't stay here if you have health pr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Judith732
Central Station H, Manager at Central Station Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Central Station Hotel. I was pleased to read your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and the service you received from our staff. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff. They are always happy to receive positive feedback. Your comfort is our number one concern and it is disappointing that we were not able to provide you with a comfortable stay on this occasion. The bedding is brand new, this may be why you found the mattress to be too firm. I hope we get another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I did enjoy my stay although the rooms were tiny I had ordered the triple deluxe room and we could barely walk to our beds let alone have space to put our luggage I had to leave mine on my bed most of the time which was a major disappointment. The location is great though and the staff were amazing I'm just not sure if I would want to pay that much for a room I could barely move in.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of Central Station Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback on to our staff. I was sorry to read your disappointment in the size of your room, these rooms have built-in wardrobes and luggage stands for guest luggage. Your feedback is important to us as it allows us to review our services in order to make improvements. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team in order to find a solution. Kind regards, Holly Singh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

first time stay at the Hotel. staff are very friendly and helpful. the room is little bit Small but its OK for 2 person. hot water is OK internet speed is OK and the location is superb. near to all and public access is great

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Central Station H, Manager at Central Station Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Hi Rosnanhadi,

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team. They are always very happy to receive positive feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Central Station Hotel soon.

Kind regards
Holly Singh
Hotel Manager
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Perfect spot for a work trip. Small-ish room but clean and bright. Front desk were very helpful with both checkin and getting directions. Strangely, the bathroom doesn't have anywhere to put toiletries and I found the water pressure in the shower weak despite a giant shower head. Excellent room service from inroomdining.com.au - it was super fast, hot and very tasty.

Room Tip: Not on the station side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business