“Central Station Hotel”

Central Station Hotel
Ranked #82 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My second stay with this hotel.
I am happy with both stay.

Location is fantastic.
Walking distance to Central Train station, Chinatown where good food can be found.
Easy to get a cab to the airport as well.

Services from staff is good. Friendly and helpful.

Though the room is small (i had a King Deluxe room this time round), but it is clean and well maintained.
The king size bed was made up of two single bed I think, as I felt that the wooden frame in the middle of the king size bed.So i can only sleep at one side of the bed.

Overall, the stay was pleasant and I will return to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here a month ago with my husband, parents, and in-laws (3 rooms). Calling this room a "deluxe" queen room is being generous - it was so small you couldn't swing a cat! There was maybe 2" clearance on all sides of the bed, and that's it. I'd hate to see the other room sizes.

That said, though, that was just about the only negative. The area was a bit sketchy at night, but once inside the hotel I felt completely safe. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the staff was very pleasant. It's a bit of a walk to most things (only a couple of small restaurants were nearby), but a metro station is only about 2 blocks away, super-easy. The bathrooms were recently renovated and very nice, though the shower lacked any kind of water pressure whatsoever (and hot water was lukewarm at best). WiFi is included, which I surprisingly found rare among the budget hotels in the area. Bonus! We ordered room service one night, and while all 6 of us trying to gather in one room to eat made for a fun story, the food was fast and delicious.

Considering the cost of most accommodation in the Sydney CBD, and we weren't in our rooms much, I would definitely recommend this place to others traveling on a budget.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with another couple and need 2 rooms, ask for 211/212 - they share an area d...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights after a last-minute booking to Sydney. It was closely located to the train station which was important for us as we did not have any other means of transport. The rooms given to us were very small but the beds were comfortable. Free wi-fi was also provided, but the speed was just below average. As for the staff, they were the pinnacle for our comfort. The blonde-haired lady at the reception (can't remember her name) was extremely friendly! She could answer all of our questions without hesitation which includes advice on meals and places to go. Will definitely consider this place in the coming light...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The hotel was comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit too small, but clean and modern also the bed was good. My wife and I were in Sydney to see "The Lion King" at the Capitol, so this hotel was very close to the theatre and walking distance to Central Station. We were also able to leave our luggage all day after checking out at no cost, which was most pleasing, as some city hotels charge for storage. The wi-fi was free, which was also a good thing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

It was so close to the train and a very short walk to shopping centre and loads of Restaruants. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and modern.

Room was a little small but is fine if you are going to be out most of the day.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have never stop in a queen deluxe that has been so small, I would hate to see the shoebox rooms, or for that matter a standard queen. The size of the room made the stay extremely uncomfortable as there was no where really to put our suit cases, and no mirror in the room for the convenience of getting ready to go out only a small mirror in the bathroom, that would fog up when someone was in the shower, and the bathroom floor got very wet from a poorly designed shower screen that allowed water to leek onto the floor. I am sorry I would not stay here
again, but maybe for a single guy looking for a room it may be ok but I don't think it is good value, I personally would spend a bit more and get a larger more comfortable room.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked my stay in the Central Station Station Hotel based on its ideal location and impressive looking room photos. Upon arriving the room itself was as others have already said here; a tad on the small side for the regular rates, but clean and nicely furnished.

The main negative for myself was the bed; given I was staying in a King Deluxe Room I didn't really expect to have any problems with the size, so was rather disappointed to find that while the bed was quite wide, it was inadequate length for a 6ft bloke like myself. Also for my tastes the mattress was much firmer than i'm used to - but this is subjective.

The staff were friendly, and my stay was positive overall, but I was left with a feeling that I could have chosen better. I will likely look at other options for next time I stay in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple