“Discover Sydney Photo Tour & Vivid Sydney Festival”
Review of Sydney Photo Tours

Sydney Photo Tours
Ranked #154 of 340 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: See more of Sydney with us than any other photo tour. Visit Sydney attractions hidden gems even the locals don't know about. Each tour is designed to maximise your time. Learn skills improving your photography and discover Sydney's convict history while you create stunning photographs worthy of printing and hanging on your wall, or at least of showing off to your friends and family. Having worked with Canon Australia running photo tours and photography workshops, expect the best when you join one of our Sydney Photo Tours.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Discover Sydney Photo Tour & Vivid Sydney Festival”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was recently fortunate enough to attend 2 personalised photo tours with Joslin from Looksfresh Photography. Even though i have photographed Sydney a few times, I am from Melbourne and am not familiar with Sydney. I found Joslin's local knowledge and technical skills invaluable, which made for a most enjoyable experience. If you are considering visiting Sydney and are into photography, i can highly recommend Joslin without any doubt!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sally B
JoslinHartley, Owner at Sydney Photo Tours, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you Sally. It was a pleasure to spend a beautiful day and fabulous Vivid Festival night with you. I'd love to see more of your photos on our Facebook page.

Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Night Photography tour - Excellent!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Really pleased with my decision to book a Vivid Night photography tour with Looksfresh Photography. It was easily the best out of 4 short tours that I have done previously with other companies. 3 in our group owned a SLR and had a good understanding of our camera features, 2 had never used a SLR before and Joslin managed to ensure we all learnt some great skills, tips and considerations to get the best shots we could. This experience would be perfect for visitors wanting to make sure they got some great Sydney shots while in town and for locals who want to see the usual tourist sights from a different angle and perspective.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Deb N
It is an honour to be referred to as "easily the best out of 4 tours with other companies"! I hope to see you again Deb on one of our other tours. We'll also have some "unique one-offs" coming up for locals at half price, so keep an eye out for those!
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Sydney Twlight Photo Tour”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was fortunate to be able to join Joslin on her Twilight Sydney Photo Tour for April 3, 2014. Normally it is held on a Wednesday evening. But because of our cruise disembarkation date on Thursday, Joslin was willing to change her schedule for me. Thanks a lot, Joslin. It was a great experience. This was my second time in Sydney, but the first time was many years ago. It was good that Joslin showed me around different places around the Darling Harbour. She showed me the good spots to take beautiful twilight pictures of the harbor, as well as the various techniques to take night pictures. She was very helpful, and personal, and even helped me to carry my tripod! She showed me where best to take the firework pictures on the Saturday coming, and what settings I should use. She took me to the Kimberley Lane in Chinatown where she got the award winning picture in Australia. It was a beautiful blue setting, simple, quiet, but artistic. I booked the following day to do the Discover Sydney Photo Tour with her, but unfortunately the weather did not cooperate, and we had to cancel because of the risk of rain and thunderstorm. I felt bad that I had to miss the second day with Joslin. I would not hesitate to recommend her tours to anyone. She is knowledgeable, very professional, and extremely helpful. I wish I could spend more time with her and learn from her.

1 Thank galeung
Thank you Albert for your detailed review! If you're ever back in Sydney it would be my pleasure to take you on that day tour.
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An Excellent tour and Class”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

If you have read a camera manual an\d think you know it , think again ; what I learnt in one tour with Josylin was so far better than copious reading. patient good at explaining and a charming personality .
put that together with walks aroud areas of inner Sydney and places you would not normally think about walking around gives you the best photographic experience
Alan Winduss

Visited April 2014
Many thanks Alan. I'd love to see some of your photos on our Facebook page!
Tannum Sands
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Photo Tour Sydney”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Absolutely enjoyed the day with Sydney Photo Tours and my camera on the hunt for some classic photos.
Learnt some new tricks but more importantly found some locations that I would of just walked past or taken the standard photo.

Visited April 2014
I am really glad you enjoyed the day and hope to see you again.