“A Sydney must!”

Ranked #11 of 120 Dessert in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Darlinghurst
Description: Famous for all natural ingredients, freshness, purity and intense flavours, RivaReno contains no hydrogenated fat, preservatives, colours or flavours. Gelato is made in small batches several times a day to ensure ultra-freshness in the in-store lab. Gelato is stored in traditional Italian pozzetti (cylindrical containers) deep inside the counter, avoiding exposure to air for better conservation.
Canberra, Australia
“A Sydney must!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

For me, it's hard to separate between Messina and RivaReno like some of the reviewers are trying. The pistachio, my favourite are outstanding at both and impossible for me to pick. The almond based flavour is definitely my other highlight at RivaReno.

But it's really the fact that you're not in a long queue and treated like cattle but instead greeted with the most attentive and genuine service, along with a relaxed atmosphere at RivaReno that made me switch.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Jag G

Sydney, Canada
“amazing”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

went on a wed evening and it was deserted, just me and my friend. the food was amazing. came to write a review so everyone else would know about it, but they already do!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank alexI5417BX
Sydney, Australia
“One of my top favourites!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I LOVE Gelato. We follow trip advisor ratings on restaurants religiously. Because of it's #1 rating, we tried Gelato Messina first and have gone there several times because it is indeed very good. But then I read about Riva Reno here & though this place was quite a long bus ride away, it was worth it! WOW! When it comes to traditional flavors/handmade ice creams, these guys set the bar high. Not sure why the place was empty when we visited (Not in a central enough location perhaps?) but this gelato is a must try! Better than Gelato Messina!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Globetrotter-Saabrin
“Best Gelato in Sydney”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I used to love Messina but now Rivareno only.My favourive are coconut,maple pecan and salted caramel.must try and you will love it

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highest quality gelato in Australia”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

You know when you discover a place that is perfect and irreplaceable, and then it goes out of business? I don't want that to ever happen to RivaReno, so I am writing this review to add to the chorus of praise.

Sydneysiders for a long time have been very loyal to some fairly poor gelato offerings, entranced by sickly novelty flavours and deceptive popularity.

RivaReno is superior to all of them. The pistachio (my litmus test) tastes of pistachio nuts, because it contains many of them. This shouldn't be rare but it is. The silky creaminess of all flavours is unsurpassed, and it's very hard to settle for any other gelato or ice cream after becoming addicted to RivaReno.

Please go buy some there so they can become wildly successful (and maybe even open up a franchise on the lower north shore ;-)).

• Visited June 2014