“Such a special theatre in a great loaction”
Review of Theatre Royal

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Theatre Royal
Ranked #241 of 486 things to do in Sydney
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I recently saw 'Angels in America' at the Theatre Royal. The second part of the show was cancelled the day I went and the theatre, company and Ticketmaster was able to accommodate me on my return to Sydney later in the week so I didn't miss out on Part Two!

The staff at the Theatre Royal are really friendly, considerate and understanding. Stephanie even called me to reassure me I had a ticket waiting for me at the Box Office!

I love the Theatre Royal and look forward to seeing another show there soon.

1  Thank Emma W

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I recenty took my mum visiting from the UK here to see Driving Miss Daisy midweek at lunchtime.

Didn't drive in so can't comment on any parking ease or otherwise. The theatre is clean, modern, functional and has good acoustics so it does the job. It is smaller than some and we had reasonably good seats.

The logistics of the experience were seamless (entry, exit, bathrooms etc) which were impressive given it was a full house for this matinee performance.

The only comment on the minus side for me is that I love experiencing theatre in a historic setting such as the State and Capitol Theatres.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I saw many shows here years ago but hadn't been in ages. I recently saw Cat on a Hot Tin Roof here and was reminded what a great theatre it is. It's not a very big theatre, so even if you end up with seats towards the back of the stalls you still have a fantastic view.
Head downstairs to the bar if you're looking for a pre-show drink!