“Simple and affordable accomedation at good location..”
Review of Siesta Inn Sydney

Siesta Inn Sydney
Ranked #22 of 150 Speciality Lodging in Sydney
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Arrived here at 8 in the morning, and was a little confused, as we could'nt find the reception. Looking further we located it behind a closed door, with the lights out, with no indications as to when it would be open. We left the hostel with our suitcases and came back at about 11 o'clock, and were pleased to see the lights were on and reception open. Even though check-in wasnt til 14.00, we were allowed to go to our rooms, which after endless hours of travel made us very happy. The lift was (still) broken, so we had to carry our luggage up the stairs, but the receptionist kindly offered to help.

The rooms were minimalistic, which I had no problems with. If anything, I missed a mirror. The beds were a little hard, but I found them comfortable, also pleased with the pillow and duvet. The bathrooms were located at the end of the hall, and were quite clean. The showers could have done with somewhere to hang your towel and clothes, as well as a shelf for shampoo etc. The shower head was kind of loose and because of that it was too low (this could easily have been fixed by tightening a few bolts). Kitchen and laundry room were good, and the lounge are was ok too.

The most annoying thing I encountered was the unstable internet connection, which drove me completely crazy. So if a stable internet connection is important to you, maybe think twice about booking.

I would'nt mind staying here again, and if the internet issue got fixed I would have given it 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Martine_Charlotte

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was quite disappointed with this place.
We arrived for check in, and this place had a receptionist who was new on the job. He was very unfriendly and didnt even show us to our room!

The lift was NOT working at all so we had to drag our heavy luggage up the stairs on our own to the 3rd floor.
Receptionist didnt even offer any help, even after seeing that we needed help to carry the luggages up.

After all that hard work, to our horror, our room was not made, carpet was dirty, newspaper left from previous occupant, and messy bed sheets greeted us. Worse, we actually though there was a bathroom in the room but no, there wasn't.

so we went down again to the receptionist, requesting for a room change to one with ensuite bathroom but he said the place was fully booked. then he asked a staff to clean up our room and we had to waste about 15-20 minutes to wait.

Bathroom only had 2 sinks (only 2 sink?!) for the entire level, so in the morning, u had to wait and queue to use the sink :S
NO television in room either, entire room looks dull and the lift was never fixed the entire time i was there.

the only good thing is that this place is very near king's wharf and darling harbour, abt 5 minutes walk away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dixnet
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night (Sat). I had originally booked online $80 for a private double room with shared bathroom, but received a call two days before we arrived asking if we wanted to pay an extra $20 and have a private bathroom. I accepted.

When we arrived at 4pm we had to be buzzed in. The reception guy was pleasant. He gave us directions to our room, instructions for using our swipe-card for building entry, and also told us there was a kitchen on our floor that we were welcome to use.

We were in room 4b at the back of the hostel. Unfortunately the lift was broken; luckily we didn't have much luggage as we had to climb a lot of stairs.

Our room was pretty clean, as was the ensuite. The shower stall was tiny and had no curtain, very odd. The room was rather spartan but much bigger than I expected and even had a bar fridge. The bed was a bit hard but we slept well. There was plenty of open shelves and cupboards for storage if you had a lot of gear. The windows opened so you could get fresh air. No views, but wasn't too noisy even with a pub across the road.

The location is good, and there is a 7-11 a block away. Winyard station is a 6-7 minute walk. In the 4th floor common area there was a kitchen, 6-seater table and 5 lounge chairs.

I'd probably stay here again, it's hard to find cheap inner-city accom in Sydney.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ar27dodo
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a hostel with small rooms on several floors, like a hotel. So you only share with one other person and the bathrooms are down the hall. I was not given a towel, but I didn't ask for one either. It's as plain as could be, with grey carpet and white walls and sheets, not a lick of decorations anywhere. Wide open common spaces without furniture, but a TV on one floor at least. Kitchenettes on each floor for common usage. And, it's darn inexpensive for what you get: a semiprivate room in the middle of the business district! The front desk is not open 24/7, and I agree with some other posters that they are not the most responsive or efficient. However, they were at least always friendly. Just know that you won't get information from them or any extra services. This place fit my needs perfectly, and had space when everything else was sold out (big weekend in Sydney). I had the room to myself two out of three nights, and for under $40, that's a steal. It's a utilitarian place, quiet and boring, and right in the middle of town.

2  Thank tamarinera
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights and have mixed feelings about this place. Good points were, location is pretty good, close to the train station and darling harbour. It is also quite cheap for its location. The beds were quite comfortable and the rooms although it wasn't spotless, it was reasonably clean. The guy at the reception was quite helpful and was friendly.

Now for the bad points,
1. Common bathrooms are shocking. No windows or fans. I literally felt like I was going to suffocate every time I took a shower. Also nowhere to hang my clothes inside the shower. I had to hang my clothes on top of the door and was worried that someone might steal it.

2. Room sizes vary from room to room. I think I had the smallest room. When I saw other rooms when rooms were being cleaned, they were much bigger in size and had a coffee table etc even though it is the same double bed room.

Overall, it is not the best accommodation in the world but for what you pay, it is quite reasonable considering the location.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank KI7777
Reviewed 8 October 2013

To be honest, I didn't know what to expect. The reviews on Tripadvisor were all over the place, so my expectations were certainly varied. This particular weekend in Sydney was Grand Final Weekend, 2013. EVERYTHING was booked out or stupidly expensive. Except here.

The chaps at the front desk were polite and friendly, but didn't inform me where things were or how the place worked. The room was bland (that isn't a complaint)- two beds and a hanging cupboard at one end of the room. Good lighting. The other person in the room was out all night, so I basically had the room to myself. The men's bathrooms- as had been said by many people on this website- smelled really, truly bad. But, for goodness sake people, just use the Level Two bathrooms and get over it!

The bed and the bedding was outstanding. Very soft and comfortable. I paid $5 for a towel "hire" and it was soft and fluffy.

For the price I paid- Siesta Inn was worth every cent. Would I stay there again? If I had to, sure and without complaint. But, I'd rather spend stay in a hotel

Room Tip: Check the 1st floor bathrooms. Use the 2nd floor if you need to.
2  Thank MaxwellSmart86
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Ok so when I first arrived the guy behind the counter walked out next door to do something and left me for a couple of minutes then when he got back went on about he hated his job. When he booked me in he gave me no infomation at all about where my room was or facilities, check out time's and all the other things you normally get when you arrive somewhere, The place itself was not bad but it could possibly be set out slightly better than it was. The room I was in was tidy although some random stayed there for a night as well. The bathroom stunk, I honestly wanted to throw up every time I went in there. The location was good though and it is cheaper than a lot of other hostels for Sydney

Room Tip: They had a swimming pool? Wasnt told that either
2  Thank Tiger2013