“Better than it was. Awesome at price point”
Review of Siesta Inn Sydney

Siesta Inn Sydney
Ranked #19 of 139 Speciality Lodging in Sydney
Canberra, Australia
“Better than it was. Awesome at price point”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Since my initial review of Siesta Inn, I have stayed there a number more times (four, I think). I wanted to update a couple of things. Several reviewers have talked about the rank first floor men's toilets- the problem has now been fixed (yay!). Also, the lift is now working.

My feelings about Siesta Inn remain positive. At this price point, there is no beating this place. The idea of a two bed dorm means it is somewhere between hostel and motel. Yes, bland decorations and no mirrors in the rooms. Nevertheless, this place is a fantastic option for people who want to stay in the CBD but don't want to spend a huge amount of money. For what it is, Siesta Inn is great and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: There is a rumour from one reviewer there is a swimming pool but they could not find it. It is an er...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MaxwellSmart86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel is shabby and poorly managed more like a construction site than a hostel.
The "manager" an Islander spent more time on the guest sofa watching the tennis, "Australian open" than at the front desk.
- The kitchen is dirty and the floor disgusting
- One power point in each room and poor ventilation
- Don't take suite1 as it has the gym outside and you will hear them scream from early in the morning.
- Fire doors propped open against government signage warning not too.

Room Tip: dont choose 16-17-18-19 as they are next to the kitchen lots of noise or suite1 due to the gym below
2 Thank Stephen B

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I booked this hostel as my first hostel experience as I had looked for other places to stay in Sydney and nothing came close fare wise to this place. When I originally booked, they were just in the process of opening and hadn't fully gotten things going yet.
I arrived after 30+ hours of travelling and just wanted to ditch my heavy bag. I arrived early (a few hours before official check in). I was allowed to leave my bag, behind the reception area while I headed out for a bite to eat and to explore the Darling Harbour Area.
I arrived back at check in time and my room was just ready. The lift was still not working and I was on the third floor. I would have carried my bag up to the room, but assistance was offered. I didn't refuse after the long flight.
Upon arriving at the room (I booked a single room) it was clean and included a bed, side table, side light as well as a standalone wardrobe. Additional shelving would have been useful.
The showers and washroom on the 3rd floor were clean my entire stay there. A bonus for me was that the laundry is included on each floor is free. However the washer on the third floor had yet to be hooked up.
The bed was extremely comfortable.
The kitchen is really my only sticking point for this place. The fridges were small bar type and there were only 2 of them. Once you get a number of people staying on the floor, it really fills up the fridges quickly. I would hope that they are working toward full size fridges for the floors. If the lift has been busted for the entire time, I wouldn't have wanted to lug full refrigerators up there either.
The day before leaving the front desk employee was able to arrange a shuttle for me to the airport.

Never once was I kept up by the noise from the other people on my floor, but the traffic outside was another story. I am not used to the noises that a city produces at night. It seemed to me that the street sweeper went by every night I was there. This is more my issue, than that of the hostel itself. My room did front right onto Kent street, so that may have been the issue.

One final thing -- I am not sure if it has been repaired or not but the lift was not working the entire time I was there. Each day it did look like there had been work completed on it, but it still was out of order on November 11, 2013

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank KanuJ
Forbes, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

2 weeks before new years eve we were looking for accommodation in the Sydney cbd , and everywhere was booked out at hundres and thousands of dollars for one night, but up popped a hostel/ hotel for a unbelievable price for NYE in the CBD 3 blocks from Wynyard station. least 500 dollars less than anywhere else, plus they had rooms !! now we didnt get a room with a bathroom, and i was very hesitant about that, but atleast we could spend NYE at luna park if we took the room. When we arrived the attendant was nice and pleasant , the room was clean and fresh, the linen was spotlless and the bed was comfortable, when i walked all the way down to the shower/toilets i was pleased to say they were as clean as the bedroom. ... now the room had no tv, but there was a lounge that had one , plus a kitchen. and for the very very very small price we paid, you wouldnt expect all the bells and whistles .. I was so pleased with the Siesta inn. budget accommodation in the heart of sydney !!! no fills, small room accommodation but clean, tidy and comfortable ....

Room Tip: get one with a toilet and shower .... i would have if they hadnt been booked out ...
2 Thank susan b
UK
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked late, didn't realise it was a hostel but no great problems. The place has obviously undergone a recent refurb and was newly decorated and very clean and tidy. The 3rd floor male toilet room is still work in progress and my wife thought the ladies block was not very clean, but this may be because it seemed to be occupied by a larger no of girls. I wouldn't choose a hostel as I am of a certain age but as they go this was good and really close to Darling Barbour and the CBD. Thumbs up, not their fault I wasn't clued in that it was a hostel, should have realised because of the price.

1 Thank fulhamtomUk
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed 2nights here in Nov.'13. Room was ok. Good things were the location and a kitchen on each floor. The shared bathrooms & toilets were cleaned. The Saturday night we were in, there was a loud, noisy party at the check-in area downstair till 3am.Terrible! No sleep!! Bring your own towel as there is charge for them!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 323traveller888
Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We had a double room with shared bathroom. Spacious room and clean, great kitchen facilities. The only thing we missed was some changing space inside the showers and a lock not to let anybody enter.
Generally speaking is worth the price. It's 15 minutes walk to most popular places.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple