“Impressive”

Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Perth, Australia
“Impressive”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Super spacious, super clean. It was very quiet inside the room and we got a good night's sleep.
We scored an upgrade from their sister property the Cambridge hotel. Never stayed at the Cambridge so can't comment on the "upgrade" - however we ended up in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite with a very spacious kitchen/lounge area. The kitchen was well set up with all the appliances and utensils you would need to host a dinner party.
Balcony for some fresh air was handy too.
The decor was different... super modern, neon lights over the kitchen bench, crazy carpet etc. Cool. Roomy bathrooms too. Just on the border of walkable distance from Central Station, and around the corner from Oxford street food/bars/shopping.
Recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank workholiday
StevenGargano, General Manager at ADGE Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Hi Workholiday,
Thank you for sharing your excellent feedback on your recent stay with us at the ADGE Apartment Hotel. It's great you enjoyed the upgrade from our sister property, and found our unique take on a serviced-apartment to be well thought out and well-located. Our team are appreciative of your 5/5 rating and look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again for your feedback, Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay in he apartments. I'm not sure how they keep it so clean. I love the way they sanitise the remote controls then vacuum seal it with a little note. It is the most used thing the room. I really enjoyed my longer stay this time and I will see you in May.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard B
Hi Richard,
Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for choosing the ADGE Apartment Hotel as your preferred Sydney accommodation. Our focus on cleanliness is a core element of the hotel and we're very glad you enjoy this attention to detail. Thank you again for your thoughts, we look forward to welcoming you back in May. Kind regards.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Fantastic boutique apartments in the city-fringe of Sydney. The apartment I stayed in was on the 5th floor (Although, I couldn't see the number 4 as an option in the lift) and had beautiful views over the city skyline. The impact the fabulous carpet has in juxtaposition with the stark white walls is lovely, especially with the setting sun as a backdrop. Worth every cent, thank you for an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tee L
Hi Tee,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the ADGE Apartment Hotel. It's excellent you enjoyed our Surry Hills location and I really enjoy your description of our decor and furnishing. It's interesting you picked up on our lack of a 4th Floor; In some eastern cultures the number 4 is deemed unlucky, so we skipped the 4th floor to bring some extra good luck into the hotel. Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards,
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My first impressions of the Adge were spacious, modern and upscale. The tall, polished concrete lobby provides minimal furnishing, which draws the focus onto the immense street artwork adorning the back wall; very well done. The rooms are a different aesthetic (albeit just as well done); the carpet is probably the most fabulous I've ever seen, and the overall decor is very high end. Thank you to the wonderful staff for your excellent service, I will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi Lulu,
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay at the ADGE Apartment Hotel. Firstly, I'd like to mention how much I enjoyed your descriptive wording of our foyer and lobby graffiti. It's excellent you had a great stay with us; our team appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards,
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed for only one night at Adge recently with a colleague. The apartment was in a great location - a block from the buzz of Crown St. Despite there being no lift due to a lightning strike from a severe electrical storm I would still recommend this apartment. The staff did everything in their power to explain the situation, to give us choices as to whether we wanted to stay somewhere else and to help with luggage etc on the stair climb. They certainly managed a difficult situation extremely well.

The apartment itself was bright, clean and functional especially for two work colleagues. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi RC2291,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the ADGE Apartment Hotel. It's excellent you both enjoyed the location of the hotel and the high standard of our apartment suites.

I'd like to thank you for your understanding during an unfortunate situation. The issues with the lift have been resolved and I look forward to welcoming you back (with an operational lift). I'm grateful for having such an excellent team who were able to manage under the additional pressure. Thank you again for your thoughts and your understanding, Kind regards.
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The location of the ADGE is enough reason to book. Barely 1 block away from Taylor Square and Oxford Street, while a short walk from Central Station. Although I live in Sydney, I thought Mardi Gras would be a good chance to have a break!

My friends and I had an amazing stay, couldn't complain about a thing. The lobby cafe is great and it turns into a really smooth wine bar at night. (wish I would've had a glass of red)

Will definitely recommend to my interstate friends If i don't want them sleeping on my couch.

Thank you ADGE Hotel!

Room Tip: We had an apartment on the lower floors, but the view was still great overlooking the city
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ththgreen
StevenGargano, General Manager at ADGE Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Hi Ththgreen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay over the Mardi Gras weekend. It's fantastic your friends had a great stay; our close proximity to Taylor Square ensures a very fabulous hotel stay. I've passed on your feedback to our lobby cafe, who are very appreciative of your kind feedback. Thank you again for your thoughts, we look forward to welcoming you (or your friends) back.
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We made our booking at Cambridge Hotel to stay during the Mardi Gras weekend in Sydney. We were really lucky we were upgraded to the ADGE. The only negative aspect were the parking (scary) where I scratched my car and the breakfast, which I found expensive and of a very poor quality. Otherwise, perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Chevalierlatin
Hi Chevalierlatin,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay at the ADGE Apartment Hotel. It's great you both enjoyed your upgrade from the Cambridge Hotel and our Housekeeping Department are appreciative of your 5/5 rating. We have passed your feedback on to our restaurant manager, and they are discussing options on improving the quality of their breakfast. Thank you again for your feedback, the ADGE looks forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards,