“Could not help us enough!”

Mariners Court Hotel
Ranked #8 of 59 Sydney B&B and Inns
Darwin
“Could not help us enough!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The staff went out of their way to make sure my family of 5 was happy during our stay. We stayed for 6 nights, and even when we dropped out bags off early before check-in, the staff could see we were weary from a red-eye flight from Darwin and said for us to go up to their breakfast room to have some breakfast. My son nick-named one of the managers "The nice lady".
The price of accommodation is very reasonable, actually very cheap for what you get. The facilities were more than adequate for my family. The onsite parking was very handy. The building is centrally located and very handy to all attractions. The beds were very comfortable and our room had a full size fridge which was very useful.
The included breakfasts each morning were lovely with everything my family needed for a jam packed day exploring.
The included wi-fi was amazing and easily allowed me to surf youtube clips researching what we were going to do the next day.
I will absolutely re-book to stay at the Mariners Court the next time my family and I are in Sydney. This is a hidden gem in a sensational location at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sanctuary Point, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed December for 2 nights and couldn't really fault this hotel. From the moment we checked in had great service and reception staff were very helpful with any questions we had. The rooms were basic but clean and had everything you needed including fridge, tea/coffee maker, air conditioner and free wifi which is always an added bonus. Breakfast was included in the room rate and was great. Would I stay here again? most definitely.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Auckland New Zealand
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Yes, this isn't a five star hotel with a 24 hour manned concierge, so if you're looking for that, look elsewhere. If you're looking a nice, clean budget accomodation with a free basic breakfast, quiet environment then this might be the place for you.
We enjoyed our stay here. Yes, it used to be an hostel for retired Mariners, and the bathrooms are a bit old (mold on the shower curtains and tiles) but it is clean, quiet, tidy and only a cab ride, train ride of bus ride into Sydney CBD.
Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tegmen
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have been staying at this centrally located hotel for many years. Our most recent stay revealed a transformed "old lady" of Woolloomooloo. The hotel has been repainted in quite charming creams and the refurbishment is very pleasing. The management team told us they are also in the process of updating some room fittings and bathroom amenities.

Breakfast has also changed from a very substantial continental breakfast to include hot selections - bacon, scrambled egg, baked beans. We enjoyed the change (at the expense of our waist lines!) and it is included in the room cost.

We have always chosen Mariners Court when in Sydney for its central location, its pricing structure and its entire smoke free policy within the hotel. The recent changes add to our experience but have not increased the price.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony or a court yard - take your pick.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chook1
gold coast
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed at the Mariners Court on 5th October. Travelling by myself and lost my iphone. The Management couple of this hotel were just wonderful, went to so much trouble helping me (at no cost).They were really caring which means a lot to me,they even gave me their number in case I got into trouble wandering about Sydney at night. I have stayed in numerous 5 star properties which are beautiful but cold and uninteresting and they only care about how much money they can get from you. This small hotel is close to the city, it is comfy and charming. The breakfast in the morning is a great extra and the chance to talk to other travellers at breakfast was very enjoyable. It was very resonable, loved the fresh air from my balcony and even had biscuits for my evening cup of tea. Thank you ...I will be back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank karen b
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I had booked my mother into Mariner's Court in Sept, during her time in Sydney she had lost her mobile phone and was unable to access flight details and we were unable to contact her.

The staff at Mariner's Court went above and beyond to help my mother by providing their personal number to call in case she needed any help after hours, to personally ensure my telephone messages were delivered and emails passed on.

They were so kind and considerate! I would be more than happy to book myself or family into Mariners Court in the future.

Thank you everyone!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelBug86_04
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I booked a room for 3 nights stay through the hotels website, unfortunately I had to cancel this. I cancelled via the phone in good time via the phone and was told I would not get a cancellation fee. I then had the full amount for the stay debited from my account. Staff were slow at following this up and getting back to me. When I finally got a refund I had still had one nights stay taken from me. Very disappointing!

Stayed August 2013