“Really the vest place to stay”

Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney
Ranked #33 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Tunbridge Wells
“Really the vest place to stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a week. The apartment was excelkent. It was spacious, modern and very well equipped. The staff we very gelpful throughout. I have visited Sydney seveeal tines and stayed at 5* horels. This is bettwr. This is where I will stay in future.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TunbridgeWellsTrevor
MSAPittStreet, Manager at Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear TunbridgeWellsTrevor ,

Thank you for completing a five star review after your stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street.

Meriton Serviced Apartments are designed for the modern traveler. Having the benefit of a self-contained and spacious apartment gives you additional comfort and space as opposed to a standard hotel room. All apartments include a fully equipped kitchen and laundry, enabling our guests to be self-sufficient during their stay.

I am thrilled to read that you experienced helpful service from the staff during your stay. Our aim is to ensure all guests have a memorable stay and to read your comments motivates our team to continue striving for customer service excellence.

TunbridgeWellsTrevor, thank you once again for your review. The team and I look forward to seeing you return again soon!

Acting Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent accommodation in the heart of Sydney with great views. Clean and modern apartments with everything you need.Helpful friendly staff. Handy luggage room to store bags if you need to when you check out.

Room Tip: Ask for high up with view.
1 Thank gottagotobali
MSAPittStreet, Manager at Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Gottagotobali,

Thank you for sharing your experience to not only us but to the full Trip Advisor community.

Meriton Serviced Apartments are leading the way in serviced apartment accommodation - all apartments are self-contained, fully equipped and provide guests with everything they need to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Located in the heart of Sydney CBD, we are just minutes away from restaurants, cafes and shops. It is pleasing to read that you found our location to be suited to your needs while staying with us.

Your lovely positive feedback about the team at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street is thoroughly appreciated and the staff are delighted to hear your comments. It is through feedback such as yours which motivates the team to continually strive for customer service excellence.

Gottagotobali, thank you again for your review. The team at Meriton Serviced Apartment Pitt Street look forward to your return.

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had booked a 3-bedroom penthouse apartment for a family stay, and were not disappointed. the views, as you would expect were stunning, day and night, and we had several friends round during our stay who wished to experience this.
The quality of the apartment was 1st class, fixtures and fittings being of the best. The staff at Reception were the epitome of helpfulness in all respects.

1 Thank bob w
Dear Bob W

To receive such a fantastic review from a Trip Advisor Senior Contributor is delightful – thank you!

Your review really does shine bright in our eyes and the full team here at Meriton Serviced Apartments are so happy that you had such an enjoyable stay in one of our luxury Penthouse apartments.

As you experienced, our Penthouse apartments are located on the top floor of the Hotel providing stunning views over the city and beyond. Both Penthouse apartments are fitted out with top of the line luxury furnishings and décor – both are split level providing an abundance of space perfect for the family holiday or luxury get away.

Your comments that you found the reception staff to be “the epitome of helpfulness” are so fantastic – you sure have put a smile on the teams face today!

Bob W once again thank you for your kind review. The team and I look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I decided to stay at Meriton for my next stay in Sydney due to a recent bad stay at a nearby hotel. I booked a studio apartment for 3 nights at a cost of $695 for May. One day before my stay I had to cancel the last night. I received confirmation for a two night stay at $450. I noticed that my confirmation had 2 bedroom apartment but I thought I'd been upgraded and didn't think of it again. It wasn't until now, after getting home, that I realised that I'd been charged the correct price of a 2 bedroom and not the studio apartment I asked for.

That said, even though it wasn't what I booked, I really loved the apartment. I was in room 2605 on the 26th floor. It was clean, spacious and comfortable. It had everything I needed and I enjoyed a very nice, luxurious bath. The shower in the ensuite was small, but that's because it was sharing space with the bath, and the bath made up for it. I loved that it had a hand held shower, but it kept on falling out of its bracket. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I felt at home and I wish I lived there! The hotel is in a great location, close to shopping, restaurants and pubs.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I arrived very sick and the woman at reception handed me tissues and asked if I'd been exercising because I was sweating so much. I explained that I was sick and she looked concerned and handed me more tissues which I thought was sweet.

I wish I had been there for pleasure and not business, and that I hadn't stayed there while sick so I could have enjoyed it better, although I still enjoyed it very much.

On the last night I slept with the balcony door open because the cold air helped ease my coughing fits and I enjoyed listening to the sounds of Sydney. Yes, you can hear noises, but you're in a city and cities have noises. I thought it was peaceful and I slept better that night than the others (due to my coughing).

On checking out, I was asked if I felt better, which I thought was kind. The security guard was lovely and helped me find my car. All in all, it was a great stay and I'm sad that I couldn't take the apartment and staff back home with me.

The only dampener of the stay was the car park. I understand that there's little that can be done about the size and lay out of it, but when I arrived I was told that there were still plenty of spots available. As I went down the levels (ground floor is level 11), I couldn't find anything except a tight parking spot between two poles which was marked as hotel parking. I tried to park there but I ended up hitting the pole. I drove back to the exit where there was reception for my phone and called the front desk, who said that there were definitely parking spots and to try again - despite the fact that there wasn't anything except for the tight one. I wanted to leave and try somewhere else but I was assured there would be something. There wasn't! I'd already looked. I tried again anyway (I had to reverse back down, which was tricky) and went up and down the levels another few times and on my last lap finally someone started packing their car to leave! I think I was in the car park for a total of 45 minutes.

I think the biggest problem was not that staff were being misleading on purpose - they genuinely thought there were spots available - I think the problem might be that even though the spots are reserved for hotel guests and residents, the public probably park there too. It's the only reason I can think of that would explain why I was told there were "plenty of spaces available" when there wasn't.

By the way, I don't know how thin the walls were between apartments, or if there was an apartment on the other side of the bedroom wall, but if there was and the person is reading this review.... I'm very sorry for my continuous coughing for the two days! I felt bad about it, but I couldn't do anything to stop it - medication and asthma puffers weren't working. Bet you're glad that I'm gone now :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Musska,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on Trip Advisor after your most recent stay with us at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, I am delighted to read that you had a five-star stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you were feeling unwell during your time in Sydney however it’s fantastic to see that the team at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street acknowledged this and did all they could to assist you during your stay. Having a fully equipped, spacious apartment to relax in when feeling unwell really would provide extra convenience and more comfort as opposed to a standard hotel room.

In regards to the confusion about the rate for your booking, I can confirm that you paid the correct studio apartment rate as per your booking confirmation. If you would like to go over this with me in more detail please don’t hesitate contacting me on tapit@meriton.net.au and I would be happy to clarify your booking details with you.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulty you faced with finding a parking space during your stay. As the car park is also a public car park and owned and managed by on offsite Company it can be somewhat difficult on occasions to ascertain how many spaces are vacant. In saying that I have spoken to the team and they are aware for any future occurrences to assist guests having troubles by physically walking down to the car park to find a space or assisting to find alternative parking options.

Musska, once again thank you for sharing your experience after your recent stay with us. The full team and I are happy to read that you are feeling better and we all look forward to being of service to you again in the future!

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This place is centrally located in the city. A ten minute walk to Chinatown and the same going to Circular Quay. We rented 2 two bedroom units for our party of ten. However this review needs at least 200 characters before I can submit and I am running out of things to say. :-)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PhilWong
Dear PhilWong,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review and for your lovely comments.

As you mentioned, being located within Sydney’s CBD and having an abundance of attractions and restaurants within walking distance to Hotel provides extra convenience and ease for guests while staying with us. If wanting to venture further afar there are many transportation options available such as Trains, Bus, Ferry, Taxis and more!

PhilWong the team and I are thrilled that you enjoyed yuor stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street in the near future.

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had stayed in a one bedroom Meriton Campbell St apartment prior to a holiday in Hawaii and we loved that, so we were not sure if Pitt St would be as good in every way. It was! .. We booked 2 apartments (a 1 bedroom for us .. upgraded to the larger 2 bedroom apartment with one room locked) - and a second 2 bedroom apartment (similar upgrade) for our daughter and her husband and 2 children (16 and 3). The apartments were perfect in every way and suited all ages from the little one of 3 to my 77 year old husband, who loves comfort, convenience and especially good service.

We all thought that the service was exemplary. The staff must have been chosen with great care and professionalism for we were made to feel welcome throughout, making our family sojourn a memorable one.

The beds, furnishings etc were perfect - and we have only the most trivial of suggestions to make that would have helped us. We found that the apartment mugs (though we love mugs) were very heavy and a bit too hot for old hands. Not bad if that is the only suggestion we can think off !! We're so glad we discovered the Meriton Serviced Apartments. Thank you.

Room Tip: We were on the 41st floor with a magnificent view of Sydney towards the harbour. Our daughter's...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MSAPittStreet, Manager at Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Catherinefromcairns,

Thank you for taking the time to post a five star review and for sharing your Meriton experience with other travelers!

It is fantastic to read that you had a perfect stay. Meriton Serviced Apartments designs apartments with guest comfort and living in mind including your own fully equipped kitchen and laundry - the apartments tend to give guests that special "home away from home" feeling while traveling. As you experienced, the apartments are suited for guests of all ages and especially ideal for family holidays.

Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street has a strong focus on customer service. The team are dedicated, motivated and hardworking, striving to go above and beyond for each and every guest. Thank you for your positive comments and reinforcement in regards to the servcie you received during your stay - I have passed on your kind words to the team and they are thrilled to hear your feedback.

Thank you for your suggestion in relation to the weight of the mugs supplied in the apartment, I have passed on your feedback to the relevant department for review.

Catherinefromcairns, thank you for your lovely review and for recommending us to fellow travelers - the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I love traveling by far thase appratments r the best I did online booking with agoda that save me more then I pay

Place was very clean everything
Feel like 5 star

So don't worry just book
And enjoy

Love sydney

• Stayed May 2014
Dear ANDY85157,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street.

Our convenient location coupled by our competitive rates and spacious apartments makes us a great choice for all travelers alike; it is wonderful that you found the apartment you were occupying to be equipped with everything you needed while staying with us and in turn proved to be good value for money.

Next stay why not book direct as Meriton Serviced Apartments offers the best price guaranteed, along with no booking fees!

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street. We look forward to being of servcie to you again in the future.