“Ageing clientele, late start”
Review of The Basement

The Basement
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Ageing clientele, late start”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Came here tonight to see a gig. To get decent seats we had to pay for dinner. The dinner can be described as cheap pub food. Salmon terrine that tastes like a tin of salmon mixed with an egg to set it before being chilled and put on a plate. Seafood casserole that is either over cooked fresh seafood or straight out of a can.

The worst thing? I wouldn't be writing this if the music had started. I look around and most people have grey hair. We want some entertainment and are willing to pay for food alongside it. To get substandard food to keep us entertained and the main attraction hasn't even started...I don't think I'll come back here for a gig.

I've been here an hour and a half. I give it another half hour and I'm leaving. $200 down, but at least I won't have wasted most of my night.

We've also spent an extra $100 or so on alcohol while waiting. My man's view is this is an intentional ploy to get more dollars out of our wallets.

I would have thought more of The artist we came here to support. I'm disappointed.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank mishjakas

Perth, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Lucky!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Late start following sound check. Very accommodating with stools for my injured leg.Great sound, intimate stage. Friendly staff.
Bands were fab
Venues like this are disappearing all over Australia. Fight to keep them alive.

3 Thank downhomePerth
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 184 helpful votes
“The reason "Live music in Sydney is dying"!!!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Is because places like this are trying to commit suicide.

Just arrived at the advertised time the doors open of 730 to be told we had to stand around (thanks arthritis!) waiting for the door to open "until they were ready".

Couldn't say how long, but they had our money.

The smug blonde girl on the door said "Well if you went to a lot of live music you'd know they often run late". Well thanks for the attitude, but I do, and am one of the few that still does, which is probably why live music venues keep shutting.

Over half an hour later, we are allowed in, and finally allowed to sit down. Simple customer service, guys.

And when they go broke and shut down, they will blame poker machines or the goverment or the internet, or global warming, when all they had to do was show their customers some courtesy when we got here.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank deliverance73
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Saturday Night”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Four of us went to the Basement for Mi-Sex. got a table near the stage, ordered dinner with our drinks. Mojito's were very good........Our food was tasty and reasonable priced. Will go again as it is close to public transport......no need to try and get a parking spot in town.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank micheleaw
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch breaks are usually an hour...”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We arrived for lunch on a Friday and waited 15 mins for service before taking it upon ourselves to order at the bar because the waitress still had not served us even though it wasn't very busy, in fact it was quiet.
After ordering, it took a further 45 minutes for the food to arrive on our table.
If you only get an hour for lunch, don't go here.

Visited March 2013