I thought it was horrible, I paid AUD 214 for three nights, I appreciate its budget but this was just terrible. Dirty walls and windows, dirty toilet, dust on the TV, broken fitments, graffiti on the walls, halls stank of cigarettes. The bed was OK, there is also a bunk for kids, the room looked like a prison cell.
The desk staff were very nice and helpful, I could not fault them.
There is a $12 shuttle bus that runs around all the local hotels, I hour to the airport, but it was OK. There is a $9 buffet breakfast. WIFI is not free and expensive too.
Its budget yes, but come on IBIS you are an International chain, you need to up your game!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes from the Sydney CBD in the cosmopolitan East Sydney, Formule 1 Sydney East is the ideal inner city budget accommodation. The lively area boasts a huge range of restaurants, bars and clubs; and is within walking distance to the city, Sydney shopping, museums, art galleries, Hyde Park and the colourful Oxford Street.From the close by train station, Bondi Junction, Circular Quay and many more attractions are only a few stops away. Rooms feature a queen size bed with single or double bunk, twin beds or quad share rooms and all have a private en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning and LCD TV's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, ACCOR and Odigeo so you can book your Ibis budget Sydney East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Formule 1 Sydney East Hotel Sydney
- Formule 1 Kings Cross Sydney