“A once in a lifetime experience & best way to see Sydney”
Review of Sydney Helicopters

Sydney Helicopters
Ranked #163 of 339 Tours in Sydney
Woking, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A once in a lifetime experience & best way to see Sydney”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Although not cheap, this is simply the best way to see Sydney and the local area, and the pilots and staff at Sydney Helicopters were great - very friendly, helpful and informative. We were two families (4 adults and 5 children aged 12 to 16) and had two helicopters, and a fantastic trip.
We took the ferry from Sydney Harbour up to Paramatta, and a taxi to the airport (make sure you have the address for the heliport as the taxi drivers weren't great). The ride took us inland to the Blue Mountains and then back out to the cost north of Sydney, form where we travelled down the coast and into the Sydney Harbour area.
Words cannot express how great the view was and it is really the best way to get a feel for the harbour / city and all the coves, beaches and surrounding attractions.
Will definitely do this again and would strongly recommend Sydney Helicopters - definitely a lifetime memory !

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Si_H63

beds
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A must do in Sydney”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Had a fantastic 30 min trip from Paramatta to Sydney harbour visiting Sydney harbour bridge and the opera house.Big thanks to Hugh our pilot great value for money.I cannot praise this company enough.If you are coming from England like us do not miss out.We booked in Australia and was cheaper than booking in UK.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank bedspip
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unbelievable experience!!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I can't recommend this company highly enough. I booked a 30 minute trip over Sydney for my husband's birthday, specifically to take photos. Compared to other attractions like climbing the bridge it's great value for money, and though it is a little way out of town it's very easy in a car if you have one.

Everybody I spoke to when trying to decide which option to choose and then in the run up to the day was brilliant - they couldn't have been more helpful.

On the day Hugh was fantastic - he put lots of effort into making sure my husband got all the shots he wanted and made me feel safe as I was pretty nervous.

3 Thank AJT2026
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Simply Fantastic!”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My Wife and I were delightfully able to enjoy a full day helicopter trip including wine tasting and a lovely meal in the Hunter Valley last week. Having never been in a helicopter before we were both a little apprehensive about what it would be like, but almost straight after lift off we instantly felt at ease and began to take it the magnificent sights. The low flight over the Harbour Bridge was just breathtaking!

Our pilot was called Peter and was very knowledgeable and gave us a commentary throughout explaining the views of the area. He was very polite and put us both at ease the whole time.

I agree with the comment below that the base is a bit hard to get to and out of the city, so would advise a taxi if possible as the train and walk was a bit of a faff.

All in all a great trip and definitely something I would recommend to others.

As we landed, another helicopter was landing next to us so I took a short video and posted it on Youtube. The landing of the helicopters was much smoother than I imagined!

Visited October 2012
New York City
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Very cool, however...”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We went at sunset, it was brilliant.

However:

The staff didn't advise us on how to come so we ended up spending a lot more time and extra money using a train instead of a cab.

We booked a more expensive tour with the doors off at the behest of the agent and it was FREEZING (why wouldn't they mention that...hmmmm)

There were definitely two parts of the tour where I thought we were going to perish, but much to the credit of our pilot with an exotic African name that I cannot remember we did not.

Visited September 2012