“Fantastic brunch!”

Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Fantastic brunch!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I've heard about this place so much from my peers and colleagues... And was a little bit skeptical by the front view of the cafe. It looked like it was one of those hipster looking cafes that serve mediocre food and drinks. But boy was i wrong.

So in love with their eggs blini and especially Breakfast with the Shirokuma's. Everything on those plates were delightful. The tastes blended perfectly and balanced.

Their staffs were friendly enough even though it's crowded. It's also recommended to go on a weekday and around 12pm ish to avoid the queue.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Last Sunday I came here with friends for lunch. I was a little bit disappointed 'cos for me, the food wasn't worth 1 hour waiting time. For me, intolerant on dairy product, was hard to order something. Finally, I get eggs with baked tomato sauce ("Two chicks in Basque") and it was bitter. My friends loved their food, chicken kimchi burger and salmon. Won't come again!

• Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

From the outside, the cafe doesn't look like much. But looks can be deceiving as the food here is tops. I've been back here twice, once for brunch and another for dinner. Both menus are a fusion of cuisines with the dinner menu having a South East Asia influence. Each visit ended with a thankful tummy. Although I must add that the dinner was a lil pricey. But still, I'll be back!

“Fine dinning quality first thing in the morning”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This visit even tops my first one here. The food that comes out of this kitchen is so much better other mid-range restaurants ($50-$70pp) charging up to double for the same quality. I don't understand how some diners find Devon Cafe expensive, they should stick to $2 Maccas and $4.95 Pizza Hut (nothing wrong with that :p) and quit whining displaying their ignorance online. Very satisfied and will be back soon for the rest of the menu, no doubt about that.

Full review and photos: http://www.thesydneynoob.com/2014/07/review-devon-cafe-winter-2014-sydney.html

• Visited July 2014
Canberra, Australia
“A Very Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We sought this place out for Sunday brunch after reading a few rave reviews. When we arrived there was a huge line-up queuing on the pavement outside so we retired to another nearby cafe for a coffee to wait for our table. Forty minutes later we were shown to a long table to share with four other couples who subsequently arrived. Our orders, from the "All Day Menu" consisting of Aubergine, Chick Pea and Creamy Hummus Bruschetta on Turkish Toast with a dish of Cured Salmon & Poached Eggs on Blini - took another Forty minutes to arrive. Most importantly, whilst the dishes were impressively presented - both were stone cold !!! Whilst the servers seemed genuinely apologetic - the owners were both belligerent when I provided feedback. There are no excuses for super-slow service and cold food.. oh and by the way, the coffee was better at the other cafe too!

Visited June 2014