“AMAZING”

Price range: US$11 - US$19
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 23 August 2014

A really great little spot. Easily one of the best cafes in Sydney . The food is flavoursome and presented exceptionally well. Like most good cafes in Sydney, prepare to wait. The place itself isn't huge, so we waited almost 40 minutes for a table. It is worth the wait though. Salmon dish was delicious and my wife's eggs were out of this world. Service is friendly, but a little vague. Will continue to return.

1  Thank Petershere

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I've heard about this place so much from my peers and colleagues... And was a little bit skeptical by the front view of the cafe. It looked like it was one of those hipster looking cafes that serve mediocre food and drinks. But boy was i wrong.

So in love with their eggs blini and especially Breakfast with the Shirokuma's. Everything on those plates were delightful. The tastes blended perfectly and balanced.

Their staffs were friendly enough even though it's crowded. It's also recommended to go on a weekday and around 12pm ish to avoid the queue.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Last Sunday I came here with friends for lunch. I was a little bit disappointed 'cos for me, the food wasn't worth 1 hour waiting time. For me, intolerant on dairy product, was hard to order something. Finally, I get eggs with baked tomato sauce ("Two chicks in Basque") and it was bitter. My friends loved their food, chicken kimchi burger and salmon. Won't come again!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

From the outside, the cafe doesn't look like much. But looks can be deceiving as the food here is tops. I've been back here twice, once for brunch and another for dinner. Both menus are a fusion of cuisines with the dinner menu having a South East Asia influence. Each visit ended with a thankful tummy. Although I must add that the dinner was a lil pricey. But still, I'll be back!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This visit even tops my first one here. The food that comes out of this kitchen is so much better other mid-range restaurants ($50-$70pp) charging up to double for the same quality. I don't understand how some diners find Devon Cafe expensive, they should stick to $2 Maccas and $4.95 Pizza Hut (nothing wrong with that :p) and quit whining displaying their ignorance online. Very satisfied and will be back soon for the rest of the menu, no doubt about that.

Full review and photos: http://www.thesydneynoob.com/2014/07/review-devon-cafe-winter-2014-sydney.html