“Wonderful stay”

Meriton Suites Waterloo
Ranked #25 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had a 2 bed apart on level 12. Very clean and modern.Huge balcony. Two bathrooms. They supply toiletries, even washing powder in laundry.Big tv. Room gets a mini service daily,make beds,replace towels and toiletries etc. All staff helpful and friendly. Location is great,not in city heart but only about $15 by cab or you can catch a bus.Everything you need is close by. Coles,bottleshop,chemist,subway and many cafes and restaurants.The little pizza place on corner is fantastic.Also the moore park pub is only 2 blocks walk and good food at good price. We loved our stay here and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Corner apartments are bigger,ask for 1220.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
MSADanksStWaterloo, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear eternalquest23,

Thank you for your 5 star review, it’s always good to hear that our guests have had a great stay! I’m sure that our team will be pleased to read your kind words. As you said, the community is great here, with all the shops and services that you could need located away from the business of the city.

Thank you again for your wonderful review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Waterloo again soon!

Kind regards,

Birender C
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,183)

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight as thought a good option whilst going to diner en blanc. The room was lovely but where this hotel fell down was tge parking as the receptionist took ages to respond and let us in, then to charge for it? And to top it all off wouldn't arrange a cab pick up for us from reception? ?? Told us to qalk up to a set of lights leaving us to have no option but to ask passers by. Won't be staying again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
MSADanksStWaterloo, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Robyn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies in the lack of service you experienced during your recent stay, your feedback is important to us to help us improve the services we offer. I would like to discuss your feedback further, so if you could please contact me on tawat@meriton.net.au.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed here for one night while on business in Sydney. My room faced the main road which is NOISY so please ask for one that doesn't. Lovely apartment with great furnishings and a really comfy bed. I found the front office staff to be very helpful on check in and the hotel is very convenient to Surry Hills, Darlinghurst etc.

Room Tip: Do not face the main road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
MSADanksStWaterloo, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Tracey,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us; I hope that your business trip was enjoyable! Some of the apartments do face South Dowling Street however all windows and glass on the lower floors is double glazed to reduce the noise and we do also try our best to accommodate any room requests that are made upon booking. I am glad to hear that you found the apartment comfortable and the staff helpful, as we aim to provide exceptional service and amenities.

Thank you again for your review, we would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Waterloo again soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

One day the house cleaning team came in late, while I was in the room. After a while I left because it seemed too long for me to wait on the balcony.
Another day, the housekeeping team was cleaning the carpet in the corridor outside my room, the detergent they used was quite disturbing.

Room facilities are OK. Would be appreciated if the room was supplied with a daily newspaper, as it is common in other hotels at a similar price bracket.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MSADanksStWaterloo, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Ronyyy,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you've taken to give us this feedback! I'm disappointed to hear that our housekeeping schedule did not accommodate your own schedule. Our housekeeping team always tries to accommodate any cleaning requests for guests such as yourself who work from the hotel, and I hope that should you choose to stay with us again we can arrange a better servicing schedule.

I will discuss on your comment regarding newspapers during our next management meeting. Thanks again for the feedback; we would love to see you at Meriton again soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

It is in front of a motorway about six lanes traffic, and the building is about 150 metres away. No double glassing either. Dirty, the free internnet does not work properly, it keeps going off. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear mashirlaw,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Meriton, we always grateful for feedback from our guests. Although being so close to South Dowling Street provides easy access to the Sydney Cricket Ground the inner city, and the airport, it unfortunately means that some of our apartments face South Dowling Street. The building has double glazing in all street level and the lower level apartments to reduce the noise inside apartments.

I’m disappointed to read that the your apartment was not up to Meriton’s high cleanliness standards- please be assured that I will be discussing with our housekeeping team for further follow up. My apologies also for the problems experienced with the free Wi-Fi, our 24 hour reception team is often able to quickly solve such matters when reported, and I am sorry that we were not able to be of assistance. I can only hope that should you choose to stay at Meriton again that my team would do all they can to atone for this first impression.

Thank you again for reviewing your stay with Meriton Waterloo, we appreciate your candid comments.

Birender C

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were really looking forward to this as we've stayed at Meritons before but the dishes were not clean, cutlery was marked, there was no sink plug for washing up (there was a dishwasher) and the art print over main bed was filthy- even had a spray squirt from previous clean that you saw as soon as you walked in.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Rawden6,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the room, I will be sure to raise your feedback with our housekeeping team to ensure that all team members understand that this is disappointing and not on par with Meriton standards. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Waterloo, and rest assured that we will use your feedback to improve our service.

Thank you again for your review; we would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Meriton again soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I really liked the way the apartments were set up! I would definitely recommend the waterloo to my friends and family! I loved the fact that there were so many places nearby to get food and to look around

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Rachael,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review- ‘perfect’ is quite the compliment! We love having such a great assortment of shops and cafe's all located around the apartments, and I'm glad you had the opportunity to explore the thriving Waterloo area.

Again, we really appreciate your comments, and would love to see you back at Meriton again soon!