“Sydney CBD self catered”
Review of Mantra on Kent

Mantra on Kent
Ranked #73 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
“Sydney CBD self catered”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Mantra on Kent is an excellent venue for those wanting accommodation in the centre of Sydney's CBD. This accommodation is fully equipped with in-room kitchen and laundry facilities. A full buffet breakfast is available and (very good) room service for other meals is provided. The premises are large, clean and comfortable. All staff were energised and willingly assisted when there were needs.

Room Tip: Look for online specials.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin M
mantraonkent, General Manager at Mantra on Kent, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Kevin M,
Thank you for your positive review of the hotel and the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra on Kent on your next trip to Sydney.
Kind regards,
Daniel Russell
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

My partner and I both stayed here on the way home from Launceston just before Australia Day. When we checked in we were informed we were on the 23rd floor. What a great room they gave us! It must of been one of the few rooms that you could actually see Darling Harbour. The room amenities were really good too. It was nice to be able to cook your own breakfast etc, and have a washing machine and dryer so all our clothes were washed and ready to go and there was no laundry to do when we got back home after our trip.
The hotel was nice and central too. Close walking distance to Darling Harbour and not too far to all the sights like the opera house and bridge. It's just a shame the monorail won't be around anymore.
All up we had a pleasant stay and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Would definately stay here again when going back to Sydney.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Farfromhere
mantraonkent, General Manager at Mantra on Kent, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear farfromhere,
Thank you for your 5 star review.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean and convenient. About 50% of our rooms have a Darling Harbour views, which is great when the fireworks are on at night.
We look forward to seeing you again when you next travel to Sydney.
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was a one night stay to use a credit from another Hotel ahead of further travels. Didn't realise was an apartment, but size was good. Appreciated the quick walk to to Darling Harbour & restaurants.
However, requested complimentary late checkout of 11am only to be woken at 7am by knock on door, someone entering room & turning lights on. This was NOT appreciated

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TooGee
Dear TooGee,
Thank you for your review.
Its great to see that you enjoyed your stay overall.
In regards to your wake up call, I am unable to find a log of that being mentioned to the front desk.
We take our guests security very seriously and would appreciate if you could contact me on 02 9284 2300 so that I can identify what room you were staying in and follow this up for you.
Please accept my apologies and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed at Mantra for 2 weeks, on the day of departure I thought I lost my USB drives in the apartment after I checked out of the hotel and rang them from the airport, the front desk staff was very friendly and took down my contact info, promised they will have a thorough check of the room and would replied via email. Later I found out it was tucked in my own luggage after I returned home ;-P When I open up my email inbox and I got a reply email from the staff and explained the process of checking the room with nothing found, I wrote back and thank them and they replied again! I feel that they do value customer's voice and walk the talk, staff are friendly and clean environment, very close and convenient to CBD, definitely a place of accommodation I would recommend to my friends when visit next time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank leeJayce
Dear leeJace,
Thank you for your recent review.
I am glad that the team were able to assist you with your enquiry and would recommend the hotel to your friends.
We hope to see you again soon.
Walsall, England
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Good, Large apartment with 10/15 minutes of the harbour. Clean, friendly staff. The apartment was open plan and the apartment was cleaned and re-stocked every day. Whilst its in the CBD there are plenty of bars etc and most attractions can be reached on foot.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ianunitt
Dear ianunitt,
Thank you for your recent review of the property. Its great to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Sincrerely, Daniel Russell Hotel Manager
Melbourne
Reviewed 20 May 2013

If your goal is to be pampered this probably isn't the hotel for you. If you want a bit of room to move around, need a laundry or kitchen facilities, then it probably is.

I stayed for one night in a one bedroom apartment on a business trip and I have no complaints, other than lousy lighting in the bedroom that made it difficult to read in bed. But that makes the Mantra on Kent like most other places I've stayed at.

The apartment was spotlessly clean and the bathroom had all the usual toiletries except body lotion. The shower was above the spa bath, so would be challenging to use if you have any mobility issues.

The location is handy to Darling Harbour, the business district and stations. The hotel is situated on a one way street and I was unable to to hail a cab from out the front so I'd suggest booking one if you need to meet a deadline.

I'd stay here again for a longer stay (ie more than a couple of nights) or if I was travelling with family members and needed a bit of space.

The Mantra offers a buffet breakfast on site - this was nicely presented and of acceptable quality.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MelbourneKaz
Dear MelbourneKaz,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to wlcoming you back in the near future.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Was very impressed with my 5 night stay in a 1 bedroom apartment.....it felt comfortableand the apartment was impeccable cleaned everyday with allthe necessary items replenished....friendly and attentive service fromthe front deskstaff - in particular Roz.....I will recommend this hotel.anytime.Welldone tothe management team and alsothe Housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: My roomon the 23rd floor was quiet and had limited views to Darling Harbour and the CBD.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Denis582
Dear Denis582,
Thank you for your review.
Its pleasing to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and made a special mention of Roz. I have passed on your feedback to her and the housekeeping team.
We hope to see you again soon.