“Great Stay”
Review of Mantra on Kent

Mantra on Kent
Ranked #76 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My family and I recently stayed here for a week whilst on holiday in Sydney. We had a wonderful time and the apartment was fantastic. There was everything that you would need and it was so quiet. We were in room 2303 and it overlooked Darling Harbour. The reception staff could not do more to help and I would gladly come back to stay again. 100% recommended. Many thanks for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
mantraonkent, General Manager at Mantra on Kent, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Pilkiy,
Thank you for such a positive review. The team are really thrilled to read your review and its great to see that you would recommend us and want to return.
We hope to see you again when you next travel to Oz.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Great location and friendly staff. Got a room on the 3rd floor which was well kept and large. Good to have a microwave and some bowls and plates as well. Didn't exactly like how the beds were actually two single bed and had been joined together but hey the rest of it was terrific. The buffet breakfast was also super tasty for the price. Overall really enjoyed the long weekend!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reece P,
Thank you for your review.
Im glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and found the team friendly.
Some of our rooms do have split bedding but many have standard full sized beds. I will be sure to pass on the positive comments to the chef as we are really working hard to provide interesting options at breakfast.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed here recently on a week visit to sydney. The hotel was excellent. We arrived well before the official check in time and were very pleased that we were allowed in our room early, the receptionist was extremely helpful and accommodating. The room itself was great. Although not a harbour view, this didn't matter as we spent so little time in the room. After a day sightseeing we were pleased that the towels were changed daily and the room cleaned. The location is excellent and is within walking distance of the harbour. Be aware that the road is one one way system so cab drivers sometimes get confused especially during rush hour. My only small gripe is having to pay around $25 per 24 hours for wifi. I am not sure if this is usual in sydney hotels but did end up spending quite a bit during my stay. Again this was my personal choice and I know there is a computer in the reception area which can be used for 1 hour with complimentary wifi. However, overall I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherry F

Dear Sherry F,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
We certainly get a lot of comments on our central location but its great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us to other travellers.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Mantra on Kent is an excellent venue for those wanting accommodation in the centre of Sydney's CBD. This accommodation is fully equipped with in-room kitchen and laundry facilities. A full buffet breakfast is available and (very good) room service for other meals is provided. The premises are large, clean and comfortable. All staff were energised and willingly assisted when there were needs.

Room Tip: Look for online specials.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin M

Dear Kevin M,
Thank you for your positive review of the hotel and the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra on Kent on your next trip to Sydney.

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

My partner and I both stayed here on the way home from Launceston just before Australia Day. When we checked in we were informed we were on the 23rd floor. What a great room they gave us! It must of been one of the few rooms that you could actually see Darling Harbour. The room amenities were really good too. It was nice to be able to cook your own breakfast etc, and have a washing machine and dryer so all our clothes were washed and ready to go and there was no laundry to do when we got back home after our trip.
The hotel was nice and central too. Close walking distance to Darling Harbour and not too far to all the sights like the opera house and bridge. It's just a shame the monorail won't be around anymore.
All up we had a pleasant stay and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Would definately stay here again when going back to Sydney.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Farfromhere
mantraonkent, General Manager at Mantra on Kent, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear farfromhere,
Thank you for your 5 star review.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean and convenient. About 50% of our rooms have a Darling Harbour views, which is great when the fireworks are on at night.
We look forward to seeing you again when you next travel to Sydney.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was a one night stay to use a credit from another Hotel ahead of further travels. Didn't realise was an apartment, but size was good. Appreciated the quick walk to to Darling Harbour & restaurants.
However, requested complimentary late checkout of 11am only to be woken at 7am by knock on door, someone entering room & turning lights on. This was NOT appreciated

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TooGee

Dear TooGee,
Thank you for your review.
Its great to see that you enjoyed your stay overall.
In regards to your wake up call, I am unable to find a log of that being mentioned to the front desk.
We take our guests security very seriously and would appreciate if you could contact me on 02 9284 2300 so that I can identify what room you were staying in and follow this up for you.
Please accept my apologies and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed at Mantra for 2 weeks, on the day of departure I thought I lost my USB drives in the apartment after I checked out of the hotel and rang them from the airport, the front desk staff was very friendly and took down my contact info, promised they will have a thorough check of the room and would replied via email. Later I found out it was tucked in my own luggage after I returned home ;-P When I open up my email inbox and I got a reply email from the staff and explained the process of checking the room with nothing found, I wrote back and thank them and they replied again! I feel that they do value customer's voice and walk the talk, staff are friendly and clean environment, very close and convenient to CBD, definitely a place of accommodation I would recommend to my friends when visit next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank leeJayce

Dear leeJace,
Thank you for your recent review.
I am glad that the team were able to assist you with your enquiry and would recommend the hotel to your friends.
We hope to see you again soon.