Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$129
US$110
US$279
US$234
US$179
US$190
  • Room Service
The Urban Newtown(Newtown)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$80
Macleay Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$108
  • Free Internet
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$76
US$297
US$262
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$133
  • Pool
All reviewsb bsydney harbourgreat hostsrocks areaopera houseshared bathroomgreat locationheritage buildingcooked breakfastother guestscahill expresswayheritage listedbridge climbtaxi ranknice breakfastthe shangri la hotelno elevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is the first review that involved my family on their first trip to Sydney. That is why this review is special.

I have passed by this little B&B many times in my past business trips. I wanted to experience it because I am used to the larger corporate hotels in most of my trips to Australia. And most of the time, the key essentials ingredient was always missing and that is the warmth of the people in that in hotel.

This little B&B is definitely tops with me and my family because the hotel's proprietor, James & Linda, welcomed the 4 of us with a wonderful warmth of friendship. They were wonderful hosts and made our 5 days stay a pleasant and long lasting experience.

I loved their wonderful wake-up calls through the smell of bacon of breakfast; and the cosy little places like the living room and dining area. In the mornings, the hotel guests from different countries congregate at the breakfast table like family and long lost friends. The walls of strangers just melt away with the fantastic breakfast served by James and Linda.

I appreciate that they immediately had a heater for us in our room when I mentioned that our room was rather cold. That subtle attentiveness to the guests' comfort mirrors the sincerity of the hosts. That's what I like about this place.

Funnily, their hotel is just next door to the mega-hotel of Shangri-La Sydney. Perhaps if I juxtapose my previous review of Shangri-La Sydney and this Sydney Harbour B&B hotel, the contrast is so strikingly far apart. Shangri-La was an epic fail, while this one is just so special.

And it was extra special because I celebrated my birthday with my family here, in Sydney, in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Chin-Fah
Theonlyjames, Owner at Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Chin and family
It was an absolute pleasure and delight to have met and hosted your family. We were surprised to find out it was actually your birthday! We definitely should of arranged a cake for you - there's always next year. Please do return at some point - summer is always a fantastic time in Sydney.
Once again thank you for your words of praise and all the best to you an your family's future endeavours.
James and Linda

Reviewed 21 July 2013

This place has been recently taken over by James and Linda and they are doing an excellent job. The beds are super comfy, wifi free and working excellently, breakfast filling and full of variety, showers hot. A nice sitting room down stairs and a kitchen area to make tea and coffee Close to the main Rocks area, transport, the bridge, amend opera house. Why stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: All the rooms offer much the same
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank bitterntraveller
Theonlyjames, Owner at Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Thank you so much for such a fabulous review. We do our best to make sure everyone has a memorable stay and leaves with a smile on their face or at least full stomachs from our food! We hope you return sometime in the near future to stay with us again. Wishing you and your family all the best.
Best regards

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I needed last minute accommodation and found the B&B. My room was clean & the bed comfortable. The owners were friendly and welcoming. The wonderful smell of bacon woke me up from my sleep. All over a great place to stay, much more friendly and personalised than a larger hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank JennyMay1978
Theonlyjames, Owner at Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Jenny

We appreciate your kind words and really enjoyed looking after you during your stay. Please make sure you do return some time in the future.
All the best

Reviewed 20 June 2013

James and Linda really make your stay special.
My room was spotless as was the shared bathroom.
The full breakfast - was really full - bacon, eggs, etc.

Both James and Linda were very helpful in taking some phone calls that came in for me.
Being right in the middle of the Rocks area meant that it was very easy to walk around this part of Sydney.

Looking for a more personal experience than the big Sydney hotels - then stay at this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sean c
Theonlyjames, Owner at Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Sean
Thank you very much for your glowing review and it was our pleasure to have you as a guest. We hope that you return in the future to stay with us again. We will try and make the breakfasts even bigger for you next time.
All the very best
James and Linda

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We booked a family suite, Parkes Suite, for 4 adults and had loads of room at an incredibly reasonable rate. All my emails with various questions were answered promptly with excellent content. We did not eat breakfast there but saw it set up and it looked good. The staff/owners were very warm and friendly. The location could not have been better and we all slept well. Noise was not a problem. Shower was hot and gushing and towels big and fluffy though bathroom could do with a fan. I would certainly stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank travellingmum0
Theonlyjames, Owner at Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear Kate

It really means a lot to us to receive such a glowing review. We always welcome families and will always do our best to make sure your stay is as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Next time a double breakfast to make up for the first will be in order.
All the best and we look forward to your next stay with us.