“Clean and comfortable, good location, would use again.”
Review of Springfield Lodge

Springfield Lodge
Ranked #9 of 57 Sydney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I stayed for several nights in a single room. This was very clean and comfortable. It had everything you need including a fridge and a fan. Bathroom area is small but perfectly adequate and was immaculately clean. The lift does not go to the second floor - the backstairs are a bit shabby and need a lick of paint. I was in a back room and found it very quiet at night even with the window open. I liked the lively area, very convenient for transport and walkable to the quay. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at Springfield Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Hi there,

Thanks for your kind feedback.

It's always great to hear we are on the right track in providing great value accommodation in a fabulous location.

We look forward to seeing you in Sydney again soon.

There are newer reviews for Springfield Lodge

Reviewed 8 August 2011

A very well thought accommodation concept, it speaks for style and comfort. I have stayed in various boutique hotels around the area, but this place has won my vote, and I was seriously prepared for less when I booked at last minute (since it has really cheap rates compared to the similar places around the area).

The reception people were very friendly and had my room prepared promptly, check in and check out went smooth. The service was excellent, room was very clean and comfy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sherry_m_a

Hi Sherry,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We're very happy you had an enjoyable stay. I have passed your comments about the friendly staff on to the hotel manager.

We look forward to seeing you again in Sydney soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Had a lovely stay. Room was small but had everything I needed including private ensuite. Friendly staff, clean, excellent location & great value for money. I will stay here again.

Hi Laura,

We are so glad to hear you had a pleasant experience at Springfield Lodge. Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

My second visit to Springfield Lodge, this time by myself instead of with my beau. Stayed in a room close to the back of the lodge on the ground floor. MUCH quieter than having a window facing to the street. Convenient location and soooo affordable! I'll be back again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Thanks for your comments. It's so important that our guests let us know when we are doing a good job to keep continually improving the Springfield Lodge experience.

We're very happy to hear your enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. We hope you picked up one of our 'Guests with Benefits' cards on your way out so you can get 5% off your next stay with us, as well as late check-out and free WiFi. Contact us if you didn't and we'll get one out to you as soon as possible.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed for two weeks. The room wasn't ready that we booked so they gave us weeks free Internet and upgraded us. There was maintenance going on at the lodge and three different mornings was hammering and drilling noises at 8 in the morning. But apart first that it was very good.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for your comments.

We're glad to hear you enjoyed our fabulous customer service and the great location of Springfield Lodge.

At Sydney Lodges we have a very strict maintenance policy that work is only to start from 9:30am onwards. I have investigated the noise issues and it appears it may have been from the building next door. None the less, I apologise that we did not get 'on' this earlier and have it stopped.

We look forward to seeing you again at Springfield Lodge in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed here alone for 2 nights and it was a clean, snug room. The location was perfect (2 minute walk from King's Cross Station and a 15 minute walk to the city! Around the hotel were lounges, restaurants and clubs).

However: the bed was WAY too soft (I almost fell off while sleeping!) and the en-suite bathroom was extremely small.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here as I've seen way worse. Despite the small bathroom and soft bed, I would still recommend this hotel because its clean, the staff is friendly, the hotel cafe with a terrace is great and the location is practical.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We take it very seriously and continually use feedback to improve the customer experience at Springfield Lodge.

We're very happy to hear you enjoyed the convenient location, it really is a very central spot to stay while in Sydney. I'm also glad you enjoyed the vibrant local area, there are so many great spots to have a meal or a drink, it sounds like you found a few of them.

Beds in a hotel are really hard to get 'right', because of course everybody has a different preference of the firmness of a bed. I'm sorry you did not enjoy our Sealy beds, they are very high quality and seem to please most people. If you do choose to stay with us again, I might suggest a King Room as it has a king-size bed. While the firmness of the mattress won't change, the larger bed may be more suited to you. Springfield Lodge is a heritage style building, so yes the bathrooms are not as spacious as newer modern day developments. I hope it was still comfortable for you none the less.

Thank you again for your feedback and kind comments.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

The king rooms are perfect, including a wonderful view.
Great stay and value for money - as always.

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words about Springfield Lodge. We're glad you enjoyed our King Rooms, these are by far the best value rooms in the building and do provide plenty of space, as well as being very light and airy.

We look forward to seeing you again some day soon.