“Fabulous fresh food - a fantastic experience”

Kosmos Espresso Cafe
Ranked #109 of 290 Coffee & Tea in Sydney
Price range: US$4 - US$6
Cuisines: Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Kosmos Espresso Cafe puts on decent cafe fare at cheap prices. For example, we have a very competitively priced cooked breakfast for $5 (Big Breakfast $8). We have plenty of outside tables and we have become known as a great value lunch haunt in the city. Enjoy our large range of turkishes and sandwiches for $6 plus attractively presented all freshly made on the premises salads and pastas for $6, and $7 (large). Kosmos Espresso Cafe is located in the Pitt Street Mall area, across the road from the Hilton and next door to Hungry Jacks in the arcade. Did I mention our Coffee? An Award Winning brand which is first class. Ask about our Coffee Card if you are a coffee enthusiast!
Brisbane, Australia
“Fabulous fresh food - a fantastic experience”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Fabulous fresh food – a fantastic experience
A few days in Sydney and I visited twice. When I next return to Sydney, it will be on my list of places to visit.
What I liked about this business (there was nothing I disliked about the business!) –
Fresh, delicious food made on the premises. Fresh Panini’s (or toasted if you wish) with a fairly large variety of fillings. Firstly I chose lamb with an assortment of other fillings. It was the finishing touches which first caught my attention. “Would you like mint sauce, too?” Yes, please – and no extra charge mentioned. “Would l like the lamb warmed? Yes, please – no problem. Continued genuine politeness all the time from staff. What a delightful business.
The coffee – I am very particular. I was told it was first class and had won awards. I enquired the roaster’s name. I was exceptionally happy once I heard the brand. It had won several awards. The coffee, as anticipated, was first class which attested to the barista’s expertise as well.
The salads – about 20 varieties or so – again all freshly made on the premises – some cooked, others simply very fresh produce. By the time of my second visit, it was obvious the salads and pasta were extremely popular as some containers were almost depleted. “Could I have three varieties, please”, I said with no thought of refusal. “No problem. What sort would you like?” – And, of course, more of the delicious coffee to the same excellent standard.
In addition, there are several cakes, etc. on offer for those with a sweet tooth and the capacity to eat more food after the fairly substantial servings offered.
While I ate in the café, I observed the satisfaction of those obviously return customers. The staff was so exceptionally helpful and polite. The owner, who has been in hospitality for many years, took immense pride in the freshness of the offerings and the fact that it was made on their premises. With feelings of immense satisfaction about the quality of food and the atmosphere experienced, when I finished lunch, I still had money in my purse, and no feeling I had paid too much for the quality or quantity of food served, like one sometimes does at times. This café was close to my accommodation and I consider it one of my outstanding finds in Sydney.

• Visited October 2013