“Hidden gem on a quiet Sunday night”
Review of Marble Bar

Marble Bar
Ranked #5 of 237 Nightlife in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Marble Bar remains one of Sydney’s best-loved bars, featuring live entertainment Wednesday to Saturday. Built in 1893, the original Victorian-style décor and artwork make Marble Bar a must-see. This heritage-listed Sydney bar is one of the city's favourite live music venues.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I happen to visit Sydney for the weekend. I live in Melbourne.
It's Sunday night and i was looking for a nice place where i could just chill with my friend and had a nightcap. We were in CBD, we didn't have a car and no other places we wanted to go in CBD were opened on Sunday night. So we went to Marble Bar which is located at the basement of Hilton Sydney. Beautiful venue, they really know how to make decent cocktails. I ordered Old Fashioned and got a nice demo from one of the friendly bartender showing me the proper technique. Nice intimate atmosphere without the pretentious feel that generally follows bars in 5 star hotels. Staffs are friendly and helpful. I wish we had a bar like this in Melbourne. I'd be a regular for sure.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Best martini I have ever tasted. They put heaps of lemon juice in it and it really balanced the sweetness of the lychee syrup. So tasty, I could drink it everyday!

1  Thank CrocodilHuntress
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good selection of drinks, average city prices, quick service at the bar. Shortage of seats, made even shorter when the shifters turn up at 9.30 to remove the last few. They transform it from a cosy lounge into a standing-room only bar/ 70's disco. Nice friendly crowd, enjoying a night out. Security on the door to keep out large groups. Much quieter during the week, but good live bands. Been there about 4 or 5 times and feel comfortable - OK for 25 to 55 crowd.

2  Thank Jim L
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Wow!! If you need to catch up and meet some people then choose the Marble Bar for this occasion. The bar is deep under ground and is full of history. You will spend hours looking over the amazing art work.
But the stand out for me was the staff who are excellent at their job and make you feel at home straight away. Drinks and food is up there is price..but hey it worth it!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Food is expensive, but delicious. The ambiance of the lighting and the gothic structure is really interesting.