“Great find”

Fraser Suites Sydney
Ranked #27 of 176 Hotels in Sydney
“Great find”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I took my wife and infant with me for my 4 day conference so wanted somewhere in-town, quiet, comfortable but not stupidly priced. Fraser Suites excelled in this. We had a room which had panoramic views from darling harbour, through the city (over the Anglican Cathedral) out to the harbour and Watsons. Floor to ceiling windows meant there was loads of light but the heavy curtains were very effective. The one-room suite was very smartly laid out - the kitchenette very well appointed. The FREE 1 GIG OF WIFI is a deadset no-brainer - thank you VERY MUCH Fraser suites for being prepared to not price gouge your customers by charging for access to the wifi in rooms - this was a great and easy selling point for us. We could open the windows just a little which was great - we didn't want the air-con on all the time and we were able to 'feel' the city and hear it when the windows were open. It is not a 5-star response for two very, very small reasons: the desk was a little knocked about in the study alcove - but just a little, and the bin in the kitchenette was too big for the cupboard - a sticking point when you are dealing with nappies. These were miniscule matters though and we very much enjoyed the room and the brilliant gym, pool and location. Thanks very much.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Dredgy,

Thank you for taking time to review Fraser Suites Sydney, we are delighted to hear that you found your stay pleasing.

We know that travelling away from home with a young family can be difficult, and we do our very best to try to make our guests feel at home, our spacious rooms, and complimentary amenities carter well for our business travelers with family.

We do appreciate you constructive comments and I agree that we certainly are good value. We are making various improvements to our hotel including implementing an extensive but non-intrusive CARE program, to ensure we maintain the quality standards and finish in all our guests Suites. Your feedback inspires us to continue the pursuit of the perfect stay.

We hope to see you and the family again on your next visit to Sydney; we look forward to yet another opportunity to serve you.

Tatenda Manduku

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The best! Great location, views, ultra modern, spotless clean. It is very luxurious and much better in person rather than the photos. It was very convenient for us to walk to most major sights. It is only a 10 min walk to Darling Harbour.

• Stayed March 2014
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear MartichkaE,

We appreciate your glowing review and I am delighted that you found so many aspects of your stay enjoyable and to your liking. It is pleasing to know we not only met your expectations but exceeded them too.
We are always looking for ways to exceed our guest expectations, and I am pleased your stay was excellent. Your feedback inspires us to continue the pursuit of the perfect stay.

Thank you for being our guest, and hope you will grace us as a guest in the near future.

yorkshire
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed in room a 1 Bedroom Premier apartment for 6 nights, and loved it .It was very spacious and bright ,and had a well equiped kitchen with dishwasher, washer and dryer ,a dining table and seating area, an office area, and bedroom with a whole wall of wardrobes.The large bed was very comfy.The bathroom was lovely with large shower and separate bath,and plenty of storage space.The windows were floor to ceiling and ran the width of the apartment.We looked out over the Town Hall ,and had great city views. Although we were high, there is slight road noise below, it does calm down at night, but weekends can be busy and noisier, as in the middle of any city. We did unfortunately have roadworks a couple of nights we were there.Other rooms not overlooking the Town Hall might have a quieter street below. We thought the view was worth it though.
I spent a long time chosing where to stay for my first trip to Sydney and thought I had chosen well.Fraser suites are close to Town Hall Station ,lots of bus routes, a short walk to Darling Harbour and China Town and Paddys Market. It was easy to hop on a bus or train.There is another entry via an arcade with a lot of oriental restaurants and a few coffee shops, this was a handy quicker route to the Station.Lifts were secure with key cards required ,
The staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful.We managed to get a special holiday rate or we may have had a smaller room.
The only downsides were the floor to ceiling curtains could have fitted better at the edges letting morning light in, a few well placed cushions solved the problem. Also bathroom fan seemed to always be on, didn't bother husband though, I closed the door.The smaller bedroom window didn't seem to close properly .

Room Tip: I always like to be on a high floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Wanda110,

It was wonderful having you stay with us while in town. Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Fraser Suites Sydney.

It is always a pleasure and a point of celebration to read positive guest experiences. I am delighted that we made some lasting memories during your visit, and that our staff were kind and helpful. We are fortunate to have such guest focused team. Your kind comments have been shared with the rest of the team,

I apologize our room fell short of your expectations and seemingly missed the mark. We would like to invite you back to Fraser Suites Sydney should you return to the area. Please contact me prior to your next stay so I may personally thank you for being our guest and provide you with the room you deserve.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Sydney; we look forward to yet another opportunity to serve you.

Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just capped off a wonderful night at the Opera, with a one night stay (April 1st) at Fraser Suites Sydney. As per our previous experiences with Fraser Suites, we were very happy with all aspects of our room and look forward to future stays.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear (Dr.) Ray_Susen,

Thank you for taking time to review our Fraser Suites Sydney, I'm delighted to hear that you found so many aspects of your stay enjoyable.

It is an absolute pleasure to serve you during your visit. I am so happy to hear you will be visiting us again, please do not leave too long.

The team and I eagerly await your return and hope to see you again on your next visit to Sydney

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Everything about choosing the Fraser Suites as my choice of accommodation was amazing - the staff from Management to Operational were so friendly and helpful. Every one of my needs were met, before, during and after my stay. My partner and I don't get many chances to get away, and I am so happy we chose to stay here because it was so relaxing and hidden from the city hustle and bustle but at the same time we were so conveniently located to the city night life. Room services was great and the staff again were amazing!! Room was huge, comfortable and very modern! Loved it and will be back for sure ! Thank you Fraser Suites.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LisaK,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at Fraser Suites Sydney

We are glad you enjoyed your weekend getaway with us. Our location is very convenient and has an advantage of being close to the CBD and transport yet hidden away from the roar of the city. We are pleased you were able to enjoy the surrounding area while staying with us.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Fraser Suites Sydney in the near future and to have another opportunity to serve you.

Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a stylish hotel, the rooms are very neat and modern, the facilities are very well maintained and the staff are always greeting you with a smile-I know it;s their job but when you talk to them you actually get quite a good conversation, I enjoy a brief chat-they;re great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear MarkA,

Thank you for your review. It’s especially meaningful to get such a beautiful endorsement from a seasoned traveler and return Fraser World Member, we are chuffed to know we met your expectations.

Your very kind comments regarding our staff is greatly appreciated and has been shared with the entire team. We do pride ourselves on our attentive and intuitive service and appreciate it being noticed. We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future for another fantastic Fraser Suites Sydney experience.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I will admit that when I booked I didn't have high expectations as I've found lots of 4/5 star places can talk the talk and produce some great photos on their websites and then when you arrive it's completely different and really lacklustre! But Fraser was beautiful! From the moment you walked in the door you were greeted with a smile and the lobby was stunning.

After arriving in our room we realised the adjoining doors didn't stay open and locked us out from each other so we called reception for a door jam. This was bought to us in record time! I really couldn't believe it when I heard a knock at our door only moment after hanging up the phone. Talk about prompt!!

We then found a bottle of wine in the fridge to celebrate my mums birthday! It was a lovely touch and very thoughtful.

The rooms were lovely and spacious, spotless and comfortable. We also had spectacular views of the city and darling harbour! I would definitely recommend booking here!

P.S. Just note that a pre auth for $400 is due on checkin. It wasn't made clear to me on booking that such an large amount had to be frozen, and I didn't have $400 on my card for them to authorise. Lucky I had someone with me who did, but just be careful of that one!

• Stayed August 2013
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Kjharris,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Fraser Suites on TripAdvisor. It is certainly pleasing to hear that we not only exceeded your expectations but we also recovered promptly when you required assistance from the Maintenance Team.

We have shared your comments with the entire team at Fraser Suites Sydney. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you and welcome you back in the near future.

Frasers Team