“Stylish rooms”

Fraser Suites Sydney
Ranked #32 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've stayed at Fraser Suites a few times before and have always found them to be very comfortable, stylish and easy access to the rest of the city. I love the location, the staff are friendly and the rooms are always immaculate. A bit expensive but I've always thought it was worth it. The pool is lovely too but very small.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Milzey_L,

We are honoured to be your home away from home and to have won your loyalty.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and to hear that we hit the mark. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to your next arrival.

Tatenda Manduku

Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at this property a number of times recently. The property is beautifully maintained, the reception is welcoming and I found the stay to be most enjoyable. The units are spacious, well appointed and ideal for both private and business travel. One of the better units in Sydney.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in have been equally wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear MorrisT,

Thank you for the kind review. We are fortunate to have such guest focused team who are focused on offering a high-quality experience at an exceptional value no matter the hitches that may come our way. It’s certainly delighting to know when we have hit the mark.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to meet you in person on your next stay at Fraser Suites. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next stay.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at Fraser Suites for 2 nights ,friday and saturday. I made the booking directly and was happy with the room rate. At check in , I was asked for my credit card and was informed that there would be a $300 bond on the room, which I agreed to.Upon check out, I was presented with my bill
which was reasonable and as quoted. I then paid by credit card (nothing unusual so far).On returning to Melbourne this evening, I checked my bank and realised that I had been charged twice,
$890 at check in (including the $300 bond) and $622.70 upon check out !!. I rang the Hotel and was told that this is their standard practice and "depending on your bank,it could take upto 14 days to receive the money back". This is an unacceptable grab for peoples money and rather than rating the Hotel on the many positive points, I am giving them the thumbs down for this unethical practice. They already had the money at Check in. There is no reason to charge twice.
I generally stay at the Shangri La in various countries. It doesn't happen there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paragonslate

Dear Paragonslate,

It is my pleasure to explain our pre-authorisation procedure at the Fraser Suites Sydney.

In line with many hotels in the CDB we do ask our guests for either a credit card authorisation or a cash deposit covering their room accommodation plus incidentals. We at Fraser Suites Sydney have more value added in room collateral than your traditional hotel room, the microwave, and newly added Nespresso Machines being a few. However it seems as if this wasn't explained in detail at check in or check out and for this I am truly sorry for.

The team and I work hard to ensure that post check out your financial institution is aware that the hotel no longer requires the funds. However the release of these funds is dependent on your own banks policy how long they hold the funds for if the same card is not used on departure.

If you do decide to visit the area again do not hesitate to contact me. I welcome the opportunity to change your impression of the Fraser Suites Sydney.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently situated in the heart of the city in kent st (one way street - enter through Liverpool st side).
Nice staff, modern, clean apartment rooms offered in a well presented services apartment.
Mostly used the room to get ready easily, and sleep comfortably.

Cons: The fridge wasn't very cold.
One of our toilets would not flush properly.
The hotel lobby doesn't smell terrible, but it is not pleasant.

Note: you can not go back down to your car in the car park after you have come up the elevator. This is to avoid people from leaving with out paying their car parking fee I think. If you leave something in your car or want to exit for the day you need to speak to staff.

Overall, good hotel, nice stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Pkou,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I am glad that you discovered we are great alternative to staying in a traditional hotel room.Your opinions and feedback is valuable to us, we are continually reviewing opportunities that will benefit all our guests.

Your kind comments have been shared with the rest of the team. We are always looking for ways to exceed our guest expectations, and I am pleased your stay was good and enjoyable. Your feedback inspires us to continue the pursuit of the perfect stay.

We certainly welcome you back to Fraser Suites Sydney on your next visit to Sydney, maybe try us again during the Vivid Festival the team and I will ensure you get on of the best views of the Vivid Aquatique in Darling Harbour

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in May 2014. Room wasn't cheap at ~$220 per night, but seems typical for downtown Sydney. Room was beautiful, upper level with great views over downtown, could see Darlington Harbour. Small for a "suite" but decent size compared to a normal hotel room, and had a small fridge, good storage, etc. Free internet. Friendly staff. Like all Fraser hotels apparently, has a strange air freshener in the lobby. Location is good, < 1/2 block to an entrance to the train, short walk to Pitt Street and to Chinatown. For tourists, may be disappointed that it's not all that close to the Rocks (maybe 20 min walk).

Room Tip: This place has killer views, get an upper level room if you can
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear PlannerGeek,

It was wonderful having you stay with us while in town. We appreciate your “killer” review and I am delighted that you found so many aspects of your stay enjoyable and to your liking.

It's a pleasure and a point of celebration with the team to read positive guest experiences. I am pleased that we made some lasting memories during your visit. Our location allows our guests to explore the many precincts of this exuberant city, we know that being away from home for an extended period can be difficult, and we do our very best to try to make our guests stay connect to home via our free WiFi.

We thank you for the kind review. We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Fraser Suites in the near future and to have the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The room is gorgeous. Personal washing machine and dryer right inside the toilet makes it very easy for laundry.
However the bed and the sofa seems to have bugs, and we were sure that we were bitten with red lumps on our body.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank etan3
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Etan3,

I apologize that we did not make a stronger and memorable impression upon you, and it sounds like we were close to hitting the mark for you.

We can find no record of your comments being raised during your stay, and it certainly is not in keeping with our quality of rooms. We take your comments seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to investigate this further for our future guests. We urge you to contact us directly to discuss via (02) 8823 8883 or via email on tatenda.manduku@frasershospitality.com .

Reviewed 16 May 2014

For the amount of money I paid almost $500 for 2 nights stay and our room is small. I expected a much bigger room. The television is nothing special and majority of the view is other buildings. Will not come back unfortunately

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank FromMelbourne94

Thank you for posting your first TripAdvisor review. We are disappointed to read that your first stay wasn’t to your expectations.

Please be assured, our pricing is in line with similar properties in Sydney CBD and we feel that we offer extra value given our central location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet an expectation which you clearly had of a larger room, and for that I am truly sorry.

We note that you have selected our Studio Deluxe option which serves as an excellent option for short stay guests or for those travelling on their own. For those guests who require a larger room, we recommend our spacious apartment style suite options such as the One or Two Bedroom Deluxe Suite or our One Bedroom Premier Suite.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again in our more spacious room you will find that these rooms are a unique alternative to the traditional hotel room. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next stay.