“great location, beautiful and clean room”

Fraser Suites Sydney
Ranked #26 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“great location, beautiful and clean room”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 night.
Location was awesome, the room was clean, comfortable and faultless.
One of the things that I was most impressed with was the lemon soap in the bathroom, although it’s a minor thing I found it spectacular.
One negative was that our room came with a bottle of wine which was not there when we arrived, I called the front desk and the gentleman said it would be brought up, it never showed up. So at the end we never got it which was disappointing.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank theresa_nichols
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Theresa_Nichols,

Thank you for the kind review. We are fortunate to have such guest focused team who are focused on offering a high-quality experience at an exceptional value.

I'm disappointed that you didn't receive the experience I know the team are capable of delivering. Your kind comments are well received and I will personally ensure that on your next visit a bottle of red will be waiting in your room.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to meet you in person on your next stay at Fraser Suites. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next stay.

Tatenda Manduku

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived slightly early and told our room would not be ready until 1pm, which was fine we were early and went out for a walk and came back and waited UNTIL 4.45pm the staff had our names wrong. I complained to staff to be ignored.Went into our room and everything was broken or falling apart, light, shower head, toilet roll. Only perk is the location but the service around the corner would be better, and cheaper. This is not a 5 star. Not worth the high pricing. Breakfast was also poor no selection at all.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Matthew M
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Matthew M,

I am terribly sorry and sincerely apologise for the frustrations you encountered during your stay with us at the Fraser Suites Sydney. After reviewing your feedback with the management team it is clear that something went wrong and we missed the mark. We have shared your feedback with our team to truly understand how our actions directly impact the guests experience.

As you can tell from our guests feedback on TripAdvisor your experience on this visit is certainly neither acceptable nor indicative of our high standards our customers hold us to and I am confident that we can deliver an exceptional experience on your next visit.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fraser Suites in the near future and to have the opportunity to serve you and change your impression. I encourage you to contact me directly next you plan a trip to Sydney.

tatenda.manduku@frasershopitality.com
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent location for all sites in Sydney with kitchen facilities and great gymnasium and pool. Quite and unassuming but excellent facilities with parking right in the heart of the downtown in Sydney town. Close to top eating facilities and entertainment area.

Room Tip: Good for jetlag as excellent pool and gymnasium. Higher rooms are best as quiet with excellent view...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Margaret C
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Margaret C,

We are very flattered that your experience prompted you to write such a flattering review, we are certainly doing something right to leave you with a positive impression of the Fraser Suites Sydney.

A quick visit to stopover is not a complete one, so we hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us again so you can experience all of the harbor city.

I truly do look forward in welcoming you back in the near future for another fantastic Fraser Suites Sydney experience.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had not stayed at this property in Sydney before and was very pleasantly surprised. We had a very high, 40th level, corner 1 bedroom suite. The view over Darling Harbour was great and the layout very comfortable. The room was in very good condition and very clean. We wanted for nothing. The staff were excellent. I would not recommend breakfast, small room lacking in atmosphere and not good value. However, there are facilities in each room, a Woolworths not far to shop and plenty of alternative breakfast options nearby. The other slight negative was 3 lifts servicing a large property, with no service lifts; the staff were using the lifts for their duties: room service, etc, so things are a little slow. When we were there, one lift was out for unscheduled maintenance, thus the lift service was adequate but not great. Hotels are often about price, we thought this was great value but it depends on the price you pay and what options one has. We very muched liked th elocation; I generally had stayed closer to Circular Quay, but this is great: good access east, west , north and south suburbs, just behind Town Hall railway station and walking easily to the market street shopping precint. Recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Hershey30,

Thank you for taking the time to share your first of Fraser Suites Sydney experience with other travellers. I am glad that you discovered we are great alternative to staying in a traditional hotel room.

I apologize you encountered some issues as a result of our one of our elevators being offline, I am happy to share with you that this has since been rectified. I am confident that on your next visit you will be able to experience enhanced Fraser Suites experience.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and your feedback is well received. Your comments assists us in our continual pursuit to enhance the total guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fraser Suites in the near future and to have another opportunity to serve you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I work for a global investment business and travel extensively both domestically and internationally, I am usually away from home weekly.

Because of my profession and the amount of time I spend away from home, I have become very particular about the service I receive, the quality of the accommodation I stay in and environment I am sleeping in whilst travelling.

At Fraser Suites Kent stree Sydney I have not once had cause to complain ( and I have at many other 5 star hotels), I have never woken with a headache because of the bed or pillows, noise from air conditioning or the room being stuffy.

When I first stayed at Fraser Suites in Sydney (5 years ago) I told colleagues and friends it's like home away from home, as I found out recently this is actually Fraser's tag line and it's true, at least for me.

I have only stayed at Fraser's in Sydney and Perth and the experience has been the same, even to the apples provided complimentary in reception...

I personally recommend Fraser Suites to anyone who travels extensively as I do.

Regards Paul Carrington

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul C
Dear Mr Carrington,

I appreciate your recommendation. Thank you!

We are delighted that you have had a constantly wonderful experience at the Fraser Suites Sydney. and are honoured to have won your loyalty.

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for one night as I was visiting to hear Jane Goodall speak at Town Hall, and see Vivid. The staff, both at check-in and check-out, were really lovely and friendly, and made me feel welcome. I checked in and went up to my room, only to be surprised with an unexpected complimentary room upgrade when I walked in! The one bedroom apartment I stayed in was so beautiful, and had everything I could need (though a bathtub would have been nice, I certainly have no complaints).
Thank you for a lovely visit to sydney, and I look forward to visiting again sometime.

• Stayed May 2014
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Rebecca F,

Thank you for the confidence in our service, Your feedback inspires us to continue the pursuit of the perfect stay !!

Our philosophy is that our guests stay should be smooth, and I am delighted that the experience was seamless for you. Our unique location is in very close proximity to many of Sydney's biggest attractions like Vivid, and we are glad that most people take this opportunity to stay with us.

We are always looking for ways to exceed our guest expectations and we are happy to hear that we did. We look forward to yet another opportunity to serve you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next stay.

Sturminster Newton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hotel in the middle of Sydney CBD which gives great access to all that Sydney has to offer, we were there over the Vivid Sydney period so seeing all the attractions lit up was brilliant our room overlooked Darling Harbour so an added bonus. Friendly staff and good facilities with easy access to George street via the "secret door" . Well worth a stay if you get a deal on the room rate.

Room Tip: Go for a high number great views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Martyn S,

It's pleasing to hear when our guests make the most of our central location which is very convenient and has an advantage of being steps away from the major activities like the Vivid festival.

We truly appreciate the favorable endorsement from one of our well traveled guests. We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Fraser Suites in the near future and to have the opportunity to serve you.