“Five Day Honeymoon”

Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney
Ranked #25 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stopped at the Meriton Kent Street for the first five days of our Honeymoon. Arriving at the apartments at 9am was quickly checked in and told our apartment was ready. We had a One Bedroom apartment, which was absolutely brilliant with loads of room! The room comes with (limited) free in room WiFi.

Great location in downtown sydney, with buses down to circular quay and trains around the corner (however it is only around a 20min walk). Also near Darling harbour for quick access to shops/restaurants and ferries.

Friendly and helpful staff throughout, one thing to note however is there are no lockers in the Gym/Pool area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MSAKentStreet, Service Ambassador at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear mallada,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Meriton Kent Street.

We are so delighted to read that we were able to accommodate you so efficiently on your honeymoon! Indeed each apartment features both kitchen and laundry facilities whilst still providing you with more space, more choice and more freedom.

Our convenient location right in the heart of the busy Sydney city is just minutes walking distance to all public transport options as well as Darling Harbour, Chinatown, Hyde Park, Circular Quay, Centre Point Tower, Queen Victoria Building, the Opera House and much more that Sydney has to offer.

Once again thank you reviewing your recent stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back to Meriton Kent Street or at one of our other properties spread across the city of Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Service Ambassador

Write a ReviewReviews (6,040)

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

So I booked this as I was going to a conference and my husband was coming with me. When we arrived we were quickly checked in and we were given a room high up as I had asked. Everything was really clean and the bed is really comfortable.

We arrived Saturday so it was quite noisy with police cars and ambulances. But the noise was gone during the working week.

The location was great, 10 minute walk for darling harbour and 5 minutes walk to city centre. We bought bread and eggs/milk and had breakfast at the apartment.

The apartment was cleaned everyday including the washing up but there is a dishwasher.

The only disadvantage was the sauna and jacuzzi which were both cool so not as relaxing as intended to.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fabholidayfun

Dear fabholidayfun,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Meriton Kent Street.

We are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with is. All our affordable, modern and spacious apartments are luxury furnished with kitchen and laundry facilities to leave you nothing short of what you might need at home.

As you discovered our location is ideal being walking distance to Sydney’s most famous attractions such as Chinatown, Queen Victoria Building, Centre Point Tower, Hyde Park, The Opera House and so much more that Sydney has to offer.

Once again thank you for sharing your positive feedback we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed 2 nights in Meriton,before i stayed i already saw the picture in tripadvisor.com so im confident in what picture show, the real place show.During my booking, i request bathtub, and they granted! The people in the counter was very sweet.
I feel at home during my stay. The location was great, club,supermarket and many shops near around.
可是呢, 缺點是, 隔壁的房間,進進出出的聲音很大,開關門都讓待在房間的我以為是我們的門開了。燙熨斗的會漏水,本來想燙外套但還沒燙完,衣服早就濕了。烤箱的計時器壞掉,不能用。可是這些是小問題,我還是會想回來住。i really enjoy my stay.Thank you for giving me wonderful memory.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank kaybacillolin

Dear kaybacillolin,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Meriton Kent Street.

All of our spacious, modern and self-contained apartments feature kitchen and laundry facilities to leave you nothing short of what you might need at home. Furthermore we also offer complimentary 1GB of WIFI per day and our guests have access to our pool, spa, sauna and gymnasium facilities- we really do offer fantastic value for money!

As you discovered our convenient location right in the heart of the busy Sydney city is just minutes walking distance to all public transport options as well as Darling Harbour, Chinatown, Hyde Park, Circular Quay, Centre Point Tower, Queen Victoria Building, the Opera House and much more that Sydney has to offer.

Thank you for taking the time in writing this fantastic review. We very much look forward to impressing you further on your next stay.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of days for our 35th Wedding Anniversay. From our first contact with booking in on a busy Sunday morning till our departure the experience exceeded our expectations. You could not fault a thing with this company, they have the best staff and the standard of accomadation is praise worthy. I am looking forward to another stay soon.

Room Tip: We were on the 52nd floor, the noise was negligble.The views were fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank rebecca e

Dear rebecca e,

Wow what a sensational five star review!

Your positive and enlightening feedback about our customer service and product really reflects everything we strive for to ensure we are the leader in accommodation. It is feedback such as yours that continuously motivates the team to strive for higher results in quality accommodation and customer service excellence.

Once again thank you for providing us with such a fantastic review! We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

stayed in a 2 room apartment on the 45th floor with 3 adults and a baby. the apartment is clean with an amazing view of the darling harbour. it is well equipped in the kitchen, laundry, etc. very comfortable stay, somehow even my 6mth old baby is happy in to be in the apartment.

All of the above wouldn't spur me to lift a finger to write my first review ever. it was what happened AFTER my stay. 3 days after I checked out the apartment that I realised I misplaced my wedding band. couldn't find it in all my bags and luggage. my best bet would be that I left it Meriton apartment. I called the front desk to seek help, at first I didn't think that Meriton would put in any real effort in finding my wedding band as the staff simply ask for which room I stayed, contact details and told me they would respond in 48 hours. but indeed the very next day, I did receive a email from their Guest Relation that the wedding band is found. The email was clear and precise, it even stated what are the shipping OPTIONS I had (with costs indicated). Long story short, it was after many email exchanges (and always very very prompt email respond) for 1 week or so that I got my sis in law to pick up the ring for me. Not to forget to mention that in between it included an episode that they went to the shipping company wanting to mail the item but got rejected as they require us to insure the item before shipping.It meant a wasted trip.
with all the hassle that a forgetful guest caused, the Guest Relation Manager was still patient and helpful.

Thanks meriton for helping me to recover my wedding band. Lastly Mr Junko Alding, the Guest Relation Manager who was assisting me and very big thank you again!

Room Tip: high floor with good view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank CNCN21

Dear CNCN21,

It brings us great joy when we read of such outstanding five star reviews.

We are overjoyed to read of the exceptional customer service that you received from Junko and our housekeeping team. We certainly aim to attend to your every need as efficiently as possible especially in situations involving lost property. We are so pleased that you received your wedding band and we thank you for sharing your experience with us and the Trip Advisor
community.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great central location no need for taxi's if you are happy to walk it's only a 10-15 minute walk to most other areas such as china town etc found the appartments clean and tidy. Great for the cost. Pool, sauna and spa pool were excellent to start the Mornings off. Heat pumps in every room. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kenkenshecancan

Dear Kenkenshecancan,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you found our spacious and self-contained apartments that each feature a gourmet kitchen, internal laundry and modern bathrooms useful to your travel needs.
Indeed we also offer resort style pool, spa, sauna and gymnasium facilities for all guest use which we are pleased you made great use of.

With the combination of offering all the above as well as delivering our exceptional customer service really does make Meriton Kent Street your prime base when travelling in Sydney.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

1 minor downside:
1.Reception staffs are not so friendly.

Having said that,I strongly recommend this shortstay to everyone as World Square shopping centre, Chinatown, etc are all within door step.What's more,don't forget to order the airport transfer from the hotel at a rate of $50/van which is $20++ cheaper than a big cab!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear BeeHeeLee,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Meriton Kent Street.

We pride ourselves with our affordable and quality serviced apartments that are self-contained with kitchen and laundry facilities so it brings us such delight to know that we have delivered that for you.

Furthermore as you discovered our location is ideal within walking distance to Darling Harbour, Hyde Park, China Town, Centre Point Tower, major public transport options and an ample amount of cafes, restaurants and shopping outlets.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back very soon.