Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andrew G
Brighton, England, United Kingdom

A terrible second stay.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 May 2024via mobile
Second time I have stayed here. The first time last year was great, this stay had been truly terrible. I am writing this review at 00:12 hours. Been unable to sleep So far due to the constant loud crashing noise outside my suite in the hall. When I called reception they said oh it’s ok it’s just housekeeping sending rubbish down the Shute. Seriously why would you be doing that at gone midnight? Despite telling me they will ask them to stop the banging continues. This is the final straw. I have already had to ask to be moved rooms for nice as nothing in my original room worked. As it is my rooms this stay is tiny and cramped. Prior to arriving in Sydney I stayed in a Quest for two weeks which was amazing. The Meriton is terrible in comparison. I am thankful I only have one more night here and that I most certainly will never be returning.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the rubbish Shute as they can find!
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 4 weeks ago
Hello AndyGrins

We love welcoming back our return guests, however, we are disappointed that your recent stay with us didn’t meet the expectations you have grown to love during previous stays and for this we extend sincere apologies. Please reach out to the Property Team direct on fb.nsw2@meritonsuites.com.au so that they can investigate the matter further. We value your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

£165
0.0 miles from Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney
    £93
View more hotels in Sydney
9,287 results
All reviews darling harbour great location studio apartment washing machine town hall station these apartments great apartment world square coles supermarket high floor full kitchen george st home away from home central location public transport light rail opera house
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 May 2024

It was a fabulous experience in Sydney. The location was perfect for bus and tram.
And there was a good kitchen for cooking. I could buy food and fruits in the market which is so close to the hotel. I could find many different kinds of restaurant near hotel.
It has been 15 years since I visited Sydney. My room was at the 54th floor and gave me breath-taking view. It was so memorable experience in Sydney.
Every staff was so kind and I'd like to thanks to Cee who was so kind, even though I arrived at hotel too early.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Amanda S, Marketing at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2024

Hello meriel1006

Thank you for the time taken to share your review. We're delighted to hear that your stay at Meriton Suites Kent Street in central Sydney was a fabulous experience staying in well equipped apartment style accommodation where the service from the team was kind. At Meriton Suites we're dedicated to ensuring our guests have comfortable and memorable stays. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 8 May 2024

The price was exorbitant at almost $1500 for a two night stay, and a further $120 in parking fees.

The kitchen was not very well equipped for an apartment with many basics you'd expect not supplied.

We booked a 2 night stay but only had sufficient supplies for 1 night.
Given there's no room service/or daily housekeeping,  and it's a city apartment where people regularly come in for short and long stays (often flying in) it's reasonable to expect more than one night's supplies. Especially given the cost.

We booked the Kent Street Meriton over numerous other options because we a) thought we'd get a view of Darling harbour and b) planned to spend Sunday night in the heated pool and spa. Unfortunately we had niether! The view was nice, but not water/darling harbour, and the pool and spa facilities were sub par, (and that's being generous.)  The 'heated' pool was a misnomer, and although freezing would be an exaggeration it wouldn't be unfair. The spa was only about a degree or so warmer, was only half full and water from the jets was spraying everywhere. It clearly needs some modernisation and TLC. Needless to say, we did not get the opportunity to enjoy the facilities. Given the only reason we chose this expensive apartment option over others was for the spa, as this is a rarity in Sydney, and we organised our Sunday night plans around this, we absolutely felt let down. Especially after having let reception know that the spa, most specifically, needed to have the temperature reset, but after a 45 minute wait and no staff arriving, we realised nothing was going to happen that day! Obviously pool and spa zones are 'wet areas', but that doesn't excuse water sitting for hours without being mopped up by staff if it can't drain away from the tiles and concrete,  creating a very slippery space. There was a broken intercom/phone unit of some type outside the gym, the unit was open showing exposed wiring, etc and the handpiece was dangling down to the floor, with more exposed wires, lieing in a pool of water! Definitely not safe! My only regret is not taking photos of the space, but we didn't have our phones on us to do so. All in all, a completely unacceptable situation.

Upon the failed spa time, we retreated to our room for our takeaway dinner and a movie. Unfortunately we has issues again with their streaming service. 20 mins into the movie the connection broke, it then too a further 20 minutes to reconnect. By this time it was starting to get very late and half the family gave up and retreated to bed. One stubbornly watched, the other fell asleep on the couch! Definitely not the evening any of us had planned!

After our stay I contacted Meriton to convey our disappointment and dissatisfaction, their only suggestion was to 'give them a chance again some time'! I was very clear that I would not be spending another cent with them given we'd already wasted so much and received so little in return. If our first stay didn't have them provide the things already promised, how would a return visit, at our expense once again,  make us feel any better?

To give some credit. The apartment itself was comfortable. As were the beds. Plenty of hanging space. The bedrooms are a little tight, especially the room without ensuite.

Room tip: Spa and pool are not comfortably heated.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Amanda S, Marketing at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2024

Hello Br0nwynT

Thank you for the time taken to share your feedback. We're sincerely sorry for the shortfalls mentioned. Please reach out to the Property Team direct on fb.nsw2@meritonsuites.com.au so that they can investigate the matter further. We value your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2024 via mobile

I am 65. I travelled from London to Sydney on Qantas 2 with a brief stop in Singapore. Before my trip, I requested an early check in if possible . On my arrival at the Merton at 0730 , I again asked for an early check in as I was exhausted. Nothing. Again, at about midday, I reminded them about my request for an early check in. Nothing. At 1503, I was eventually given my key to my room. Every day when I was there, I saw people checking into their rooms at about midday. I will never ever stay at a Meriton ever again. The view from my room was awful and my room was never serviced once and I was there for 5 nights. A truly awful experience.

Room tip: Don’t stay there.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Amanda S, Marketing at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2024

Hello Dianne G

Thank you for the time taken to share your feedback. It saddens us when we receive reviews such as yours as we pride ourselves on offering exceptional experiences to our guests. We apologise that we were unable to fulfill your early arrival request on this occasion. The team does its best to fulfill as many requests as possible, however, there are occasions and circumstances where unfortunately this isn’t possible. We value your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2024 via mobile

Stayed in room 2110 was there for 9 days day two woke up at 1.30am to smell of smoke throughout apartment spoke to night manager Ravi his solution was it was cooking in another apartment next door I ask how does it enter another apartment when my apartment is total sealed his solution was to open the balcony door I ask to have room deodorised it took one hour room service to come up and deodorise the apartment spoke to manger the following day he was unable to explain how this has happened day four washed clothes and put into dry went out set dry for 1hr went out upon my return found dry had not turned of lucky again it hadn’t caused a fire day five found to down lights where flickering after 2days these lights were replaced apparently they had forgot to do after first reported

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello bryan240168

Thank you for the time taken to share your review. It saddens us when we receive reviews such as yours as we pride ourselves on offering exceptional experiences to our guests. We're sincerely sorry for the shortfalls mentioned. Your feedback is valued and shall be shared with the team to look into further. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2024

Conrad is the superstar’s, He help me checking - in and called us after room is ready. He allocated us with the nice room and clean. But not to the Manager Trixie, she doesn’t fit the position as a manager, she is lazy, didnt even want to help customer in front of me , even though to
Me when i try to get my bags from the store room. She just bring me in 2 different room without checking the tag has been given. But for the room itself amazing for this time.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Amanda S, Marketing at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2024

Hello dwinandap2023

Thank you for the time taken to share your feedback. It's lovely to hear that you found our apartment style accommodation beautiful and clean, and the service from our team member Conrad was helpful. We're saddened to hear of the shortfall mentioned, this shall be communicated to the team for review. We value your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.