“Nice Place!”
Review of Lido Suites

Lido Suites
Ranked #47 of 57 Sydney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been in This nice Hotel many time for long period and i have been always happy about the service, the location, there is a free wifi that works good, a nice roof top, and a laundry service, the hotel is near disco bars pubs and train station.

Room Tip: Ask All ways the room with the windows that dos not face the street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Rooms-we choose Roselin room and it was very well spacious with one more bed than we actualy needed.

What you should be prepare for is the friday/saturday 'party time' and noise. But, the hotel is equiped also for that - they give you ear stoppers for free, so you can sleep even nois out there.

The room is equiped with fridge, microwave owen, kettle and dishes and the shops (like Coles or Woolworth) are near (5min walk). It was very pleasant that they are eco friendly in towels (not see that before in Sydney)-can leave towels on floor to be changed or give them hanging - not to change towels.

From this accomodation you can reach the city centre in 20 min. So you can diacover the town by foot.

Hotel was fine, also the staff os friendly, but they will not acommodate before check in (for free you can leave the baggage in reception), but get ready to pay (or block on card) A $200 as key deposit. The Roselin suite can advise, my next stay will be there.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Díša M
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I booked this hotel for my three-week-stay in Sydney. I spent 21 nights in this place, so yes, I kind of know what I'm talking about here.

I don't know where to start. Okay, check in was smooth. The receptionist was a lovely girl, everything went okay. I got two key cards even though I traveled solo. I was informed that the reception would be open from 7am to 10pm, during weekends 24h.

I found my room easily, the hotel is rather small. The smell that welcomed me as I opened the door of my room was... overwhelming. The window was open, but the room smelled of mould. Everything seem to be okay, the sheets smelled fresh and the room was clean. But the smell in the bathroom almost threw me backward. The hole of the ventilation tube (sorry can't explain) was covered in a thick layer of mould.

During those 21 days, the fire alarm in the hallway went off numerous times. Twice I ran out of my room and to the reception, only to be informed that it was nothing to be worried about. I returned to my room, tired and seriously pissed off. When the alarm went off for the third time, I pulled a blanket over my head and swore so loudly I bet I was louder than the alarm.

My sheets were changed once. I walked a lot while in Sydney, wearing bad shoes, and ended up getting blood all over the sheets at night when my wounds reopened. I left my bed undone, hoping houskeeping would change the sheets. When I came back from the city, my bed was made. When I showered and slipped under the sheets, to my horror I realized the sheets were the very same, covered in blood. Who in their right mind makes the bed when the sheets look like someone's been slaughtered on them?! I was absolutely disgusted, and early in the morning I told the housekeeping that I wanted my sheets to be changed. They did it, and this was the only time during those 21 days I got fresh sheets. The housekeeping was so lousy I have never seen everything like it before. During my last week my room wasn't serviced at all. Every day, my bed was unmade, the rubbish can full. I ran out of toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, tea and sugar as no one checked these.

My towels were changed, let's say, every three days (during first two weeks, no service during the last week). Twice the 'clean' towels were clearly dirty/badly washed.

The two keycards deactivated at least five times. Eventually I started to plan my trips so that I could be back at the hotel before 10pm (reception closes), so if my cards were deactivated I would get inside by knocking on the door. Not nice. When I finally lost my temper the answer was 'you're keeping them in your wallet'. No, I didn't keep them in my wallet. 'Some of the cards are broken'. Oh REALLY? At least the first 10 cards I got must have been "broken" then.

The noise level is unbelievable. The walls are made of paper, there was a renovation on 2nd floor (my room was on 3rd). The noise woke me up in the morning. At night the traffic on Roslyn Street was awful and because there are nightclubs everywhere (on both sides of the hotel): Cars honking, people screaming, yelling, laughing, bottles breaking, music so loud I could have sung along... It was absolutely horrible, and I'm not even a light sleeper.

And yes, the area is KINGS CROSS, not Potts Point. The hotel is close to the Kings Cross station, that was the only good thing I could find. Oh well, tv worked.

There are no phones in the rooms, no hand soap, no hand towels, no 'do not disturb/service my room' cards. The kitchen in my room was a joke, a small fridge, microwave, forks spoons knives, few plates and cups. Nothing to wash the dishes with, I did it with a towel.

I paid approximately 120 Australian dollars per night for this. Was I satisfied? No. Would I recommend this place? No. Would I return? Not in a million years.

Room Tip: If you must book, choose a room not facing Roslyn Street (noise), a room at the end of the hallway...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank smoothdream
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We only needed a place to lay our heads for the night as we had an early flight the next day, so we booked this hotel on one of those hotel websites. We got the room cheap.

Service was wonderful, the receptionist couldn't be more pleasant. However, please note that the office closes at 10pm and only opens at 7am the next day. There is a number to call if you need assistance.

Also, the entrance to the hotel needs access by key card, so hollar with a big friendly smile on your face so that people will let you in. Big security plus. The reception is a room that doesn't face the entrance door.
Once you're checked in, you'll be given key cards that allows you to access the front door. No need to reach for the axe that you found lying around.

The elevator likes to do a little jump when it reaches your floor, just enough to allow your life to flash before your eyes.
The room was small and relatively clean.

I found (freshly) chewed gum on the floor (lovely)

The sink was cracked, but wasn't leaking.

The drain trap on the floor had something sticking out (so lovely)

The wonderful thing about this hotel is they give you set of dispensers with shampoo,soap and lotion! Also, the showerhead is a detachable type.
Free wifi was also a plus.

We would strongly not recommend this hotel for families with small children as the nightlife around these parts are not family friendly.

If you're on a budget and just need a place to crash (and you have minimal luggage) you can consider this place, but only for the right price.
Good luck fighting the temptation to write 'redrum' on the mirror when you leave!

Room Tip: I would suggest the ground floor to escape the heart-attach-inducing elevator, but then you'll g...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Our room fits our bed and not much else, our bathroom sink is smashed in, as is the bathroom door.our mirror is so dirty there are marks everywhere.
The peopled staying above move our light fixture when they walk and our view is of a brick wall in the adjacent alley.

For 120$a night I could not possibly have chosen a worse place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank em11111
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I recently stayed here during the annual Mardi Gras. Impressed with very reasonable room prices during a main event. Great location for walking to many & varied good eateries & bars and to the city. There is a residents roof bar BYO which is great for groups travelling together. Found it amusing that the reception had complimentary ear plugs for those in rooms at the front of the building. Recommend you request rooms at the back of the building. 3 floors accessed by stairs & small lift & about 38 rooms. We were a group of 15 - all rooms were large, old style with clean linen & kitchenette. While the bathroom was adequate, a good dose of bleach on the tiles would be recommended & water temperature is a roulette wheel. All staff were enthusiastic & very informative.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear of the building to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Average clean rooms. helpful front desk staff. comfy bed. centrally located in kings cross. close to practically everything. lots of cafes in the area which are open till really late. also close to 5 night clubs including 2 just adjacent to the property so the immediate neighbourhood tends to get very noisy on friday and saturday nights till 4 am.

Room Tip: take a room on the higher floors so to stay more away from the noise.get ear muffs, even better.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business