“Stay during week - its fantastic!”
Review of Lido Suites

Lido Suites
Ranked #46 of 61 Sydney B&B and Inns
lancashire, England
“Stay during week - its fantastic!”
Reviewed 8 April 2009

After reading all the reviews it would be of no surprise if you didnt want to stay here, but we stayed Monday - thur & my expereince was fantastic. I, my husband & our 1 year old stayed in a great room on third floor. It had a king bed, single bed & cot was placed there too at our request. It was spacious, clean, ideal for all our needs. Ensuite was great, handy kitchenette area with table & chair. In fact the pictures from the hotel did this justice. We stayed midweek so we cannot comment on the noisy nightclub thats referred in the other reviews, but the only noise we had was in the morning when the dustman trucks were going down the streets collecting rubbish.
The location was amazing - I did not feel in any way trhreatened or vulnerable, even when walking along with my daughter alone in the evening. Of course Kings cross is a night vibrant area, so there is strip clubs etc but it didnt impinge on my safety. You come out of the hotel turn left & you are at kings cross station - you change once at town hall to catch another train to circular quay. Easy. There is all kinds of takeout places within a minutes walk - try the thai across the road though - their green curry is lovely.
I have no problem with the place & I got an amazing deal (with an upgrade) from Travelzoo & our friends in Oz said our price was cheaper than a backpacker. We were very happy. id say dont rule it out, its a gem....midweek.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank trackerc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester
Reviewed 15 March 2009

There is a discreet looking nightclub that is part of the hotel. On fri, sat and sundays they play hideous music till 6AM. The music travels through the building and can be heard (and felt) throughout. I am quite a heavy sleeper and have stayed in some noisy hostels in my time but i was unable to sleep at all here. Once the clubs stops playing music the staff empty their bottles and you have to also listen to the club goers leave and make their way out.

We moved rooms twice, from the 2nd floor to the 3rd, which didn't make any difference what so ever. Infact the second room had a strong smell of poo and had staines on the carpet.

The lady on reception said they would move our luggage for us to the new room, but on return, Rachelle the General Manager said she 'didn't want to touch our stuff' despite all the luggage being left in one area. First class customer service!

We expected some noise staying in Kings Cross, but this hotel completely ruined my stay in Sydney. They need to warn you of the noise conditions before you go. I went out myself clubbing on the friday. I returned at 2am and was unable to sleep myself! I wouldn't even reccomend this place for club goers!

Take my advice and do not waste your money here

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Starman15

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Cairns
Reviewed 10 March 2009

After already moving from another crap hotel we had high expectations of this place....the rooms are lovely..we had a studio and the staff freindlt.....BUT...if you stay friday to Sunday do not expect any sleep!
We were dubious of the earplugs when checking in. We asked what they were for and were told there was a nighclub next door..it was actually downstairs! We were told they didn't rent out rooms on the first floor at weekends and that the studio on the second floor should be fine.
How wrong.....we aren't party poopers but when we got in at 2 a.m the music could be heard but if you are a heavy sleeper then you would maybe sleep through it..then at 3 a.m the volume went up and up!! Windows vibrated and at 6.30 a.m it stopped, then we had to put up with taxis beeping their horns and people shouting and screaming. After 2 nights of this , no sleep and hours of our holiday wasted as we had to go to sleep at 7 a.m we checked out and found somewhere else to stay.
The rooms really were nice but we didn't like the location..far too noisy and not the nicesta rea of Sydney!...it was quite close to walk into town though.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2009

Was a bit dubious of the 'free earplugs' in reception, and rightly so. This is easily the noisiest place i have ever stayed - and I used to live under the flight path for Heathrow!.. If having a club below your feet, booming out a continual bass line until 6am is not bad enough, then wait for the binmen to empty the trash!! Add to that the fact Kings Cross is the seediest, dirtiest place in what is otherwise a beautiful city, and you will see that my advice is DON'T STAY HERE!

• Liked — Pillow
  • Disliked — Noise / Location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mnicol10
Sheffield
Reviewed 9 September 2008

as other reviews have mentioned and i ignored at my peril, if you are staying at this hotel either a) dont stay at a weekend or b) ask for a room thats soundproof!

the nightclub belows noise isnt too bad, its the line and people hanging around outside thats the problem. the funny thing is you wouldnt even know the clubs there till the evening. its just a doorway then sometime after 10pm the red carpet and crowd barrier comes out!

i was kept awake till 6am saturday and sunday morning and 5am on monday. even as an ex clubber my patience was soon running out due to sleep deprevation and due to my budget i was stuck there.

to be fair to the hotel the rooms are very nice.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — the club below it
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2008

Great Central location for My sister and I's weekend in Sydney!
Easy to get to the clubs as expected being in Kings Cross, but also very close to beautiful rushcutters bay park, the city for shopping and Bondi. The train station was just a quick walk up the road.

The rooms were fantastic for the $ we paid, very clean, and well thought out. Great TV, DVD player, and very stylish!

• Liked — Stylish rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2008

Stayed on Saturday night - expected a bit of noise as it is Kings Cross!! At check in they offered us EAR PLUGS, not a good sign. Didn't get much sleep at all because Lady Lux (a nightclub open til 6am) was underneath us and the base THUMPED ALL NIGHT LONG. Unless you sleep like a log - forget it!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — THE THUMPING NOISE
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple