Criterion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)
  • Pool
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney(Sydney)
Fraser Suites Sydney(Sydney)
QT Sydney(Sydney)
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I booked in for 2 nights. I was horrifed as there was no power except for the 2 lights in the ceiling, nil facilities, filthy dirty, smelly and infested. I phoned my son to come and get me. I paid $90 per night for what? I had to stay for one night (5 hours sleeping fully clothed on top of the bed) I should get at least $90 back. Something is very wrong here as the owner must be paying somebody for his licence as this place would not meet the accredition requirements. It is also falsly represented on the web, absolute lies. KEEP FAR FAR AWAY.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We figured it was cheap and the location was convenient so decided to stay the night. The place was absolutely filthy, we were horrified. We have stayed at other accomodation i.e backpackers with shared facilities but it was never this disgusting. The curtains had insects all over them, the sheets were used (and possibly never cleaned), towels from previous guests was lying everywhere, there was rubbish everywhere and inside draws. The room smelt foul and the bathroom was just as worse. The condition of the place is not fit for living. The location is in the centre of traffic and plenty of drunks so its incredibly noisy. Do not ever stay here however cheap the accomodation is, its not even worth a dime.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sayphoebe
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I never write reviews but I must speak about this place.
Do not stay in this dump. It smells, it's noisy, its umcomfortable. It's dirty,
It never gets cleaned. They should pay you to stay here. I stayed here on Saturday night at the start of Decemeber 2009.
I checked out at 7am just to get out the place. It's like something from an old hitchcock movie. Thank God I didn't catch anything.
I was walking though the park on Sunday morning to my business meeting and the poor homeless people who were sleeping rough looked like they had a better night than I did.........never again

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Terrible room.Dirty. Appalling place to stay with no service. Service is a dirty word to the staff here. Incredibly noisy. Dangerous area with drunkards everywhere. Bottles broken, screaming, alcohol available downstairs in the pub 24 hours, so no peace and quiet ever. Used as place for drunkards to sleep it off.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2009

I would advise anyone and everyone to avoid this 'hotel'. On our arrival we had such rude service and had to ask the manager how to get to our room and for help with our bags as there was no lift. The bedsheets on the first night had splatters of blood on them and you could see bugs crawling on the walls, curtains and bed. We later discovered that these were bed bugs and when we asked to change rooms we were taken to 3 different ones as they all had bed bugs. Management were disgusting when it came to dealing with it and even refused to pay for medical expenses after 2 trips to the doctor where the bumps turned out to be SCABIES!! The manager had no sympathy for the situation and was completely rude and dismissive, later even denying that we caught scabies from there. Even the staff there said they wouldn't stay there! STAY AWAY from the Criterion!!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family