“Good option in central Sydney...”

Leisure Inn Sydney Central
Ranked #98 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Canberra, Australia
“Good option in central Sydney...”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

It was a transit hotel for us and we spent pretty much only few hours there, so I can’t really say many things about this hotel. The hotel is small but it is located just few blocks away from the central station which is good for travelers who want to explore the Sydney CBD. The room is also small but it has all the standards of a hotel, such as working/study desk, Tv, coffee and tea making facilities, mini bar fridge, and bath amenities. It is a newly refurbished property, so about the cleanliness and the furniture performance, I would say they met my expectation.

So generally, with the price we paid, we all were happy about it. However, in my opinion, the hotel is suitable more for young travelers or for those who just need a quick transit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DianArianie
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Sydney Central, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Dianarien.
Thank you for writing your review on the Leisure Inn Sydney Central. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location of the property excellent.
Your comments pertaining to the cleanliness of the hotel are also pleasing. I have passed this feedback onto front office and housekeeping teams as it is this positive feedback that will only help us improve at what we do. For this I thank you.
Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming your back when you next visit Sydney.
Terry Dwyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tasmania
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Quiet location, convenience store next door, transport close by, Haymarket Shopping Centre and Paddys Market all in walking distance, China Town also very close - easy walk. Booking in was easy. Room was excellent - slept seven people. Beds comfy and room clean. Would totally recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FabFiveTasmania
Dear FabFiveTasmania . Thank you for the taking the time to write your review. Your comments pertaining to the location and quality of the accommodation are appreciated. It is pleasing to read that you found your room comfortable.
We pride ourselves with offering our guests a home away from home.
It is constructive feedback like yours that helps us improve the quality of stay for our future guests.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next visit Sydney.

Umina Beach, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was very impressed with the accommodation. It was quiet and clean. Just perfect for an overnight stay in the City. I will stay here again next time I have a night out in Sydney. It was much cleaner and better value than other cheap hotels I have stayed in in Sydney.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank EileenCatherine
Response: Dear EileenCatherine.

Thank you for writing your review. We pride ourselves with providing clean and comfortable accommodation with a great location.

We hope that we have the pleasure of your company in the not so distant future when you next visit Sydney.

Kind regards.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times now and think it is great for travellers like myself who are constantly on the go and only require basic amenities. The rooms are quiet small however they are clean and the beds are fairly comfortable (apart from a strangely placed pole which runs down the middle preventing you from rolling over and snuggling up to your significant other). The accommodation has central air-conditioning and there is a dial in your room which allows you to adjust the level of coolness. The first time I stayed (room 401)it worked well, the second time not so well (room 404). Our window this time around had a nice view of a brick wall which made it necessary to turn the light on during the day. Rooms have a fridge, plasma tv and small hotel hairdryer which was handy. They have pump dispensers in the bathroom with shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, soap and lotion. If you are fussy with soap/shampoo/conditioner bring your own because the supplied is pretty terrible. Location-wise this place gets an epic thumbs up from me based on its convenient proximity to Central Station, George Street, Darling Harbour, Paddy's market and a range of other Sydney hot spots. The hotel reception closes at 9pm however there is still a way of obtaining your key after hours. Check-out is a 10am.

Room Tip: -Ask if you can get a room with a better view then a brick wall -Bring your own shampoo and conditi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Koota90
Response: Dear Koota90.
Thank you for placing your review on Tripadviser. It is pleasing to read the positives that you have highlighted.
Whilst I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your 2 stays with us, I note with interest your comments pertaining to the quality of guest amenities. These comments will be discussed at the next executive meeting.
Once again, thankyou for your review, and we hope to be able to welcome you back when you next visit Sydney.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Overall, the rooms were small but clean and modern.
Location is good as it sits near Central Station in the City South.
Value was good but the price can vary depending on forecasted demand.
I had absolutely no view and I was literally facing a brick wall. I'm not even sure why they decided to even put a window in my room. It was completely useless, but not a huge concern overall.

I had an issue with the door card which worked on the front sliding door on the street level, but refused to work in the elevator. It was a huge inconvenience as it was after-hours and reception was not open. After repeated calls on the intercom and a 10-15 minute wait, someone eventually showed up to help us get new cards at the reception desk. He accused me of demagnetizing my card, gave me a number of new door cards and left. I don't exactly carry magnets around and I've never had this problem with any other hotel with a similar system before. So this unproven case still remains a mystery.

So make sure you settle anything you want or any questions you have about your room before reception closes. Otherwise you may face a disgruntled employee late at night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nick B
Dear Nick B.
Thank you for your review. Whist you have highlighted some positives, I am somewhat disappointed to read your comments pertaining to the attitude of the team members at the property. These comments will be shared with them in the hope of improving the level of service to our guests.
With reference to your comments pertaining to the demagnetisation of your room key. The approach from the team member was unacceptable and his explanation could have been much clearer to you. Unfortunately, room keys can, but not always, become demagnetised if they are placed near or in the same pocket with a mobile phone. This is more than likely what occurred with your key. I apologise this was not explained to you more clearly.
Thank you once again for your constructive feedback. Please rest assured this will be used as a training tool for our team, in order to improve the level of service that we offer to our guests.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here in March with my son and family I booked a family room the photos on the internet showed a family room with two queen beds and one single when we arrived it was two queen and a bunk above one of the queen beds which was rather annoying as my grand-daughter had to sleep with her parents as there was noway I was sleeping on the top bunk. Otherwise it was very clean and close to Central Station and surrounds and was very quick at night

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Barbara M
Dear Barbara M.
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments pertaining to the descriptive photos on the internet have been noted. The images that we provide are indicative of the bedding and furniture in our rooms. This will vary from room to room depending on the square meterage of the room. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
Your comments with regards to the cleanliness of the room are appreciated. This has been passed on to the housekeeping team by means of thanking them for the consistency in the quality of their work. For this I thank you.
Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next visit Sydney.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had an enjoyable stay. The staff were really pleasant, efficient and accommodating. The room was very clean and suited all my needs. The bed was super comfortable (or I may have been dead tired (: ) but the extra pillows and blankets made it all the better. Would recommend this hotel to those who need to stay near Central station. My friend and I paid ~AUD160 a night even though it was pretty last minute. Keep an eye out on agoda.com or expedia etc.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ycrmn
Dear ycmn.
Thank you for the taking the time to write your review. Your comments pertaining to the location and quality of the accommodation are appreciated. It is pleasing to hear that you found your room comfortable.
I was also pleased to read your positive comments pertaining to the friendliness of the team. We pride ourselves with offering our guests a home away from home. This come from a positive staff attitude. For this I thank you.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next visit Sydney.