“An excellent meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: The city of Rome wasn’t built in a day, but the end result still stands today as a testament of great planning and execution. Casa Di Nico located on King Street Wharf will surpass every expectation you have of authentic Italian food. Casa Di Nico will capture your heart with everything on the menu made fresh the true Italian way. It has a wide selection of delectable pizzas, pastas and desserts and much more. Inspired by simple, fresh ingredients, the menu incorporates the traditional robust flavours of Italy with an innovative approach to contemporary Italian flare. Sit down and relax with your friends, family and colleagues and enjoy the enticing aromas from Casa Di Nico’s bustling kitchen, accompanied by the spectacular water front views which will undoubtedly create that extra special memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

A great meal the three of us had different dishes and all were excellent Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant. Happy hour is good as well

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My friend had his 21st birthday here. The food was amazing. I actually forgot what I ordered :( as I visited this place in 2011 but I do remember be served chicken and it was cooked perfectly. I do remember ordering tiramisu for dessert and it was really tasty. My friend got his cake as it was his birthday so it meant more dessert for us :). Overall, the staff were really friendly and it was a good dinner.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

we went with a group of 13 friends on a Saturday night, the place was packed but the service was reasonably fast and our waitress was great she really looked after everyone and made us feel welcome, the Entree dishes were medium sized portions but good quality meat and so was the dinner very good quality meat and vegetables but the calzon was big and really tasty , the prices are a bit expensive but the location is one of the best on Darling Harbour so the price is justified.
all in all, we will go again and enjoy it all.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We ate here for an early supper at the end of December and enjoyed the views and the food. Our server was attentive and helpful and the staff made us feel welcome. They handled our kids multiple food allergies well by checking ingredients and adjusting to their needs. We ordered multiple pizzas to share and enjoyed the various combinations with a modern twist.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have just returned from dinner at Casa di Nico- a family dinner for our daughter's 14th Birthday - Australia day.
When making the booking I indicated that it was a birthday dinner and was pleasantly surprised when, a few days before the date, I received a phone call from the restaurant asking about the celebration. I was told, very clearly, regardless of whether my daughter ordered a desert or not a desert would be provided with her name on it and this would be free of charge.
This thoughtful 'surprise' was somewhat spoilt when our waitress, Laura, asked whose birthday it was before we had ordered our drinks. My daughter immediately realised that this meant a surprise desert and hoped that there wouldn't be any singing. We understood that we would pay a premium for Australia Day - my $28 prawn pizza was acceptable, my husband's trout was not but hey ho. My husband ordered tiramisu for desert and we waited, and waited and waited.....nothing. When I complained to Laura she told me that she assumed we didn't want the surprise as my daughter hadn't ordered desert and my expression told her not to bring it .....excuse me?! My daughter was dying a slow death so we left my husband to pay the bill - the manager then approached him and said that the whole staff were fully briefed and please not to blame Laura ...ummmm?
We received a defensive and insincere 'sorry' which was too late in the day - this was a special night spoilt by inexperienced staff and a lack of understanding of what customer service means. Don't waste your dollars.